She's Left PC :-(

Just got back from Jetty Park, waving goodbye to the Mariner. Had my Marine radio with me and wished the bridge a safe trip. Said Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning Captain Johnny.

Capt. Johnny came back on the radio saying, "yes that is my trademark, but it's evening now." Wished him all the best, he said he was looking forward to the cruise around S America, but would really miss PC

P1030128.jpg.2c088b25b5a2e3dfa71765a63fc071d1.jpg

P1030131.jpg.ab768b42346899e6d293cc86fa63f85d.jpg

P1030134.jpg.bf8d596ba65b1ca690e912bf360bc0d5.jpg

P1030133.jpg.f3f77cb1b126fa42bc9126a9238b5a20.jpg

P1030137.jpg.d90ed8d7a1e2d999ff54a06a97d0e43a.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures and Captain Johnny's reply on the radio. I will miss this wonderful ship -- sailed on her 4 times. Glad RCI is moving Freedom up to Port C. and looking forward to sailing with Captain Johnny on Allure after he gets her in 2010. I'll bet she was even more glittering in gorgeous in person than on the webcam!!!!!!!!

How do you get the frequencies of the cruise ships, do you use a scanner, (Like Police), then of course how do you get their band number.

There is a list somewhere of each ships frequencies, but I know that Port Canaveral uses marine channel 12 to communicate with the ships and pilots on the ships, this is the channel I was on.

I am just uploading the video as she sailed past us, i will post the link soon

There is a list somewhere of each ships frequencies, but I know that Port Canaveral uses marine channel 12 to communicate with the ships and pilots on the ships, this is the channel I was on.

I'm not trying to be rude but is that legal?? I would think that the ship would reserve their radio communications for strictly the purpose of important info. regarding the ship, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it was great that the Captain replied!!

Here's a link to the Youtube video of Mariner leaving PC

Damn you're fast! I was there too! Were you at the flagpole with 3 others? Sitting on the benches. I was on the dock/pier with my wife, 2 daughters and one's boyfriend. It was so cool. When they sounded the ships horn was really cool! I was the one on the pier yelling loudly!:rolleyes: I almost asked if anyone was from CC. Shoulda, coulda. Fun time!

Steve

Damn you're fast! I was there too! Were you at the flagpole with 3 others? Sitting on the benches. I was on the dock/pier with my wife, 2 daughters and one's boyfriend. It was so cool. When they sounded the ships horn was really cool! I was the one on the pier yelling loudly!:rolleyes: I almost asked if anyone was from CC. Shoulda, coulda. Fun time!

Steve

You were in front of us, the ship was probably passing you when the video ends, we were just west of the start of the pier, there were about 4 cars/trucks parked there, we were in the middle.

You were in front of us, the ship was probably passing you when the video ends, we were just west of the start of the pier, there were about 4 cars/trucks parked there, we were in the middle.

OK! The Dodge Ram truck was mine! Probably right next to you! Thanks for the video. I shot mine from middle of the pier, up the steps to the beach. I got the palm trees in front of the ship. Looks really cool. I'll post it next weekend. I'm in a hotel right now. No way to load it. I knew you were close because of the hooting and hollering and then the ships horn sounding! The was cool. We're leaving tomorrow on the Monarch. Won't be quite the hype tomorrow.;) But I'll still be hooting and hollering!:D

Thanks for posting your movie! I am going to be boarding her in April from here on the left coast! Don't worry, we'll take real good care of her out here for you.

Thanks for all of you who were there send her off on her journey to her new home! :D

I am waiting for her to arrive in LA for the Feb 22nd sailing. So I feel very lucky. But at the same time, that video of her pulling away from PC was really sad. I hope you guys get as great of a ship as the Mariner really soon.

I thought it was really cool that Captain Johnny responded back and everything. He was the best captain out of my 3 cruises thus far. We loved his announcements and seeing him around the ship.

Just for my own curiosity, is going onto their channel and speaking against any laws/port regulations? Thanks :D

I thought it was really cool that Captain Johnny responded back and everything. He was the best captain out of my 3 cruises thus far. We loved his announcements and seeing him around the ship.

Just for my own curiosity, is going onto their channel and speaking against any laws/port regulations? Thanks :D

I don't think so, when the ships are leaving on a Sunday afternoon and they are all in the channel it is common for boaters to ask the captain which side they want us to pass as we had back into PC

That was pretty cool about contacting the bridge. I did some poking around the web. The international rules state this...

* Channel 16 (156.800 MHz) - Distress, safety and calling

* Channel 13 (156.650 MHz) - Intership navigation (bridge-to-bridge)

* Channel 70 (156.525 MHz) - Digital Selective Calling

The United States also uses channel 9 as an auxiliary to channel 16. According to what I read the purpose for channels 16/9 is along the lines that uksimonusa said about what they do when they ask which side they should past the cruise ship.

I then found on a Coast Guard website that channel 12 is used for Port Operations in selected areas. At the bottom of that page, there was some verbiage about improper use of the channels could result in fines. So technically I guess it wasn't correct to use channel 12 for that purpose, but since it was a onetime thing and didn't affect port operations nobody would take offense due to the circumstances.

I am waiting for her to arrive in LA for the Feb 22nd sailing. So I feel very lucky. But at the same time, that video of her pulling away from PC was really sad. I hope you guys get as great of a ship as the Mariner really soon.

RCi is moving Freedom up to Port C in May.

Now some of you know how we felt when the Monarch left San Pedro, California. Heck.........my DW and I had to stay aboard to sail with her thru the Panama Canal.

Now....she is onboard the Mariner......doing the 46 nights around the horn.....to try out our "new ship"!!:D;)

Rick

Now some of you know how we felt when the Monarch left San Pedro, California. Heck.........my DW and I had to stay aboard to sail with her thru the Panama Canal.

Rick,

We hope that those of you in LA will come to love The Mariner as much as we do. She is a Very Special Lady. Be sure to go all the way forward on deck 4, climb the steps, and take in the view from the heliport. Absolutely beautiful. Great crew and Great Ship. Try an aft cabin on deck 9 or deck 10, you'll love it. Please take care of her for us. We WILL miss her.:(

We will be on Monarch in March, cabin 8050. That's when we'll see your special lady. Anything we should know about her would be appreciated. We're looking forward to sailing on her.

Rusty

Archived