Emerald balcony furniture

pamcdon

What type of furniture is on the balconies on the Aloha deck?

Is it a regular chair and a table?

Also, does the cruise line mind if you bring lunch from the Horizon Court back to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony?

Thanks for the info!

Yes, you will have to regular patio-type chairs and a table. No loungers on the regular balconies. And by all means, bring all the food you want back to the cabin. I personally have never brought a meal back, although many people like to have breakfast out there, but I have brought back a plate of snacks that we can enjoy throughout the day.

Metal and blue heavy mesh material chairs and small table. Order room service for lunch and enjoy your balcony! :) My DH just loves the burgers and hot dogs and they've always been delivered quickly and hot!! :D

We had a balcony on Baja deck and I thought I remembered the chairs to be those white plastic molded upright chairs with a small round table in the middle.

Those haven't been around since shortly after the fire on the Star. Now the balcony furniture needs to be fire retardent. I remember them changing all the balcony furniture out years ago, I just can't remember what year that was. lol

Edit, I looked up our ship and year we sailed on our Princess profile. I think we were on one of the last ships that changed out the balcony furniture, which was in 2005! I only remember, as they used our suite to access other stateroom balconys to do the change on our side of the ship, while we were in port one day.

Toto,

We were in a balcony stateroom on Golden last May (2008) on Lido deck, and she still had the plastic chairs and small round table on the balconies.

On an Aloha balcony you can generally get 2 chairs and the small round table. Now on Caribe with the larger balconies, the standard is the 2 chairs and a table, however you can also request to get chaises by seeking out your stateroom steward immediately after boarding and slipping him/her a few bucks at the beginning of the cruise. Ours we had by sailaway.

Ciao for now!!!

We were on the Caribbean Princess October of 2007 and our balcony furniture was the cheap white plastic chairs and small round white plastic table, we too were under the impression that all of the balcony furniture had been changed out. We'll be sailing on the Star soon, I'll report on the furniture, were in an AD Mini this time.:rolleyes:

What type of furniture is on the balconies on the Aloha deck?

Is it a regular chair and a table?

Also, does the cruise line mind if you bring lunch from the Horizon Court back to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony?

Thanks for the info!

Usually 2 chairs and a table. And yes bring all the food you can carry back to you cabin. Princess could care less.

:eek:

Toto,

We were in a balcony stateroom on Golden last May (2008) on Lido deck, and she still had the plastic chairs and small round table on the balconies.

On an Aloha balcony you can generally get 2 chairs and the small round table. Now on Caribe with the larger balconies, the standard is the 2 chairs and a table, however you can also request to get chaises by seeking out your stateroom steward immediately after boarding and slipping him/her a few bucks at the beginning of the cruise. Ours we had by sailaway.

Ciao for now!!!

In 2008? :eek: OMG, I thought they changed them ALL out a couple of years before. Unreal!

We also have not been able to get the room steward to bring lounge chairs from the pool deck anymore, they said they aren't allowed, not for any amount of tip. Something weird here.

:eek:

In 2008? :eek: OMG, I thought they changed them ALL out a couple of years before. Unreal!

We also have not been able to get the room steward to bring lounge chairs from the pool deck anymore, they said they aren't allowed, not for any amount of tip. Something weird here.

Toto

We were on the Grand in January on the cruise right after yours and the room steward happily brought the lounges.

Then we were on the Golden in February and the room steward(ess) refused and said she wasn't allowed because it was a fire hazard. Not sure how a lounge could catch on fire??:eek:

First steward earned a nice tip (REAL nice!) and the second just got the auto. It's the first time in 20 cruises that we haven't added to the auto.

Toto

We were on the Grand in January on the cruise right after yours and the room steward happily brought the lounges.

Then we were on the Golden in February and the room steward(ess) refused and said she wasn't allowed because it was a fire hazard. Not sure how a lounge could catch on fire??:eek:

First steward earned a nice tip (REAL nice!) and the second just got the auto. It's the first time in 20 cruises that we haven't added to the auto.

Karen, From what I was told, the lounges on the pool deck are not fire retardent, that is why they no longer allowed them. I find it very strange that some room stewards are still 'snitching' these and taking them on balconys? I totally belive you received one, but in all my enquirys I was told it was no longer allowed. :confused: So, must be another one of those, depends on who you ask things. ;)

It's too bad they don't allow the loungers anymore. My wife really enjoyed having that one. It was the first thing I did as soon as we walked in the room, was go out and grab one off the stack beside the Terrace Pool. Funny that they allow them by the pool where people smoke, but they are a fire hazard on a balcony.

It's too bad they don't allow the loungers anymore. My wife really enjoyed having that one. It was the first thing I did as soon as we walked in the room, was go out and grab one off the stack beside the Terrace Pool. Funny that they allow them by the pool where people smoke, but they are a fire hazard on a balcony.

And - as I asked on another thread - why aren't the WOODEN ones on the suite balconies fire hazards???? :confused::(:confused:

And - as I asked on another thread - why aren't the WOODEN ones on the suite balconies fire hazards???? :confused::(:confused:

Good question. Unless they aren't really wood, just like a lot of the rest of the wood looking stuff on board is fake wood.

I think a lot of the flammability issues deal with burn rate and at what temperature rather than just being flammable or not. With the loungers it is the padded cover as well as the melting plastic. I recall the Star fire report mentioned that something smoldered (towel? padded cover? clothing?) for quite a while on the balcony chair before it essentially exploded in a flash that rapidly spread to curtains and drapes on the nearby balconies where folks had left their doors open. Which is why stewards are now required to remove items from the balcony and to close doors that are left open. I also recall something about the plastic burn/melt rate being much faster or quicker than expected. Don't know how different that is than wood, but I do recall it was a factor mentioned in the report.

IMG_0342.jpg

These are the pieces that are on the Caribe Deck of the Emerald Princess (Two Highback Chairs, Two Lowback chairs and one Table), on the smaller balconies you get two chairs and a shorter table.

Jim

Archived