Epic, Oasis of the Seas and Nassau

pokeypoke

Out of curiosity, I was on RCCL's website comparing their price to the Epic's price for the sail date we have booked for the Epic (12-4-2009). As I was looking at the itinerary for OOTS, I noticed that both the Epic and OOTS will be in Nassau on 12-10-2009. Epic arrives at 12 noon and OOTS arrives at 1pm. Both ships leave at 7pm. I'm not sure how many other ships will be there that day but I thought at one time I saw Disney being there too.

WOW, 2 mega-ships in the same port on the same day plus what ever other ships may be there..., that's a lot of people:eek:! Just think about how many people will be rushing back to make their 7pm departure and what a jam it might be around the dock area.

So really this is a port-related question, not an EPIC-related question?

Just trying to understand what you're asking.

I don't think the poster is asking anything, just making a statement. The title of this message board is "Everything Epic". Every post does not have to be a question, and can be anything related to NORWEGIAN EPIC.

I agree with the poster. Having EPIC and OASIS in Nassau at the same time will be interesting, and yes, it will also mean a lot of people in port. Luckily Nassau has a pretty good infrastructure to handle the thousands of people. Personally I will not even get off the ship in Nassau. I've been there a couple dozen times and frankly it's not a great port. Besides, I love the atmosphere onboard when everyone else a ashore.

Ernie

Out of curiosity, I was on RCCL's website comparing their price to the Epic's price for the sail date we have booked for the Epic (12-4-2009). As I was looking at the itinerary for OOTS, I noticed that both the Epic and OOTS will be in Nassau on 12-10-2009. Epic arrives at 12 noon and OOTS arrives at 1pm. Both ships leave at 7pm. I'm not sure how many other ships will be there that day but I thought at one time I saw Disney being there too.

WOW, 2 mega-ships in the same port on the same day plus what ever other ships may be there..., that's a lot of people:eek:! Just think about how many people will be rushing back to make their 7pm departure and what a jam it might be around the dock area.

The Epic will NOT be in Nassau on 12-4-2009. The Epic doesn't even begin sailing until 2010. Did you get your dates mixed up?

Not asking a question but just making an observation and wondering what other people's thoughts are.

Many people, particularly those with fewer cruises, are very interested in visiting ports. We were the same way when we started cruising. Fortunately, we have visited most of the Caribbean ports several times. We really do not select cruises for ports anymore in the Caribbean. We rarely get off the ship anymore in Grand Cayman, St. Thomas or Jamaica. We like Cozumel but would probably pass with too many ships in port. We love to stay on the ship when everyone else is off. Actually get a chair at the pool and no crowds at lunch. We are cruising in January 2009 and itineray includes Costa Rica, Cartagena and Panama. We have never been to these ports and, as luck would have it, we are the only ships in port. We are booked on Epic for 2011 but not for the itineray. We may never get off the ship, even after we return for debarkation!!

Originally Posted by time2cruise1 viewpost.gif

It seems Epic related - everyone thinking about booking the Epic should be aware the ship will share a port with the Oasis every week.

Awesome, I would love to get a peek at the OOTS!

I'm looking forward to seeing the OOTS too - but wonder why they did not flip itineraries so they would NOT be in ports the same time???? :confused:

Archived