Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Your info notes that our state room does not have a sofa. I called HAL and they told me it does not have a sofa bed but does have a small love seat. Does anyone know?? I hate to have to sit on the bed. DH will be snoring away in no time:eek:

No sofa or love seat as this is a Handicapped stateroom

Beachluvr, I don't know why Joannie thinks this is a handicapped cabin; the legend for that cabin does not so indicate.

I see no reason to believe that the cabin does not have a loveseat. As the typical "large" inside, it should have the same configuration and ammenities as the other large insides.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be that far aft, and I've never stayed on Dolphin Deck, but otherwise, the cabin is fine.

Beachluvr, I don't know why Joannie thinks this is a handicapped cabin; the legend for that cabin does not so indicate.

I see no reason to believe that the cabin does not have a loveseat. As the typical "large" inside, it should have the same configuration and ammenities as the other large insides.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be that far aft, and I've never stayed on Dolphin Deck, but otherwise, the cabin is fine.

I absolutely HIGHLY respect you Ruth and almost always bow to your vast knowledge of these staterooms, but per HAL's own Website on Zaandam:

** M 1837, M 1841, M 1842, M 1854, M 1860, M 1864, M 1868, M 1877, M 1887, M 1905, MM 1943, MM 1947, MM 1956 & L 2700 DO NOT have a sofa.

That info is what I based my statement on. I also had an email from someone a few weeks ago who was in that stateroom and they thought I was HAL:confused: and kind of gave me a lecture because they were assigned MM 1943 just a few days before their cruise. They were not HC and never even thought to do much research on that stateroom. It was not until they received their breakfast via Room Service that they noticed no sofa:eek: They insisted that I make it quite plain on my web site that the stateroom does not have a sofa (by the way, the info has been on my web site for a long time now, 2009:)) and that I was guilty of false advertisement:eek:

Anyway that is why I made my reply to Beachluvr as I did:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I don't know Zaandam cabin 1943 from experience, Joanie. But I did check the deck plans on the HAL website before I posted, and I just checked the paper deckplans from the Cruise Atlas 2012-2013.

Both sources list that cabin has not handicapped, and without a "sofabed".

This would not be the first time HAL had different information in two different sources, or incorrect info in one source. We all know that.

Beachluvr will only know for certain when she gets there.

In October 2011, we were in M1842 on the Volendam Dolphin Deck, and we had a 2 seat sofa. Because it was a longways cabin, the sofa was almost in an alcove, but the cabin overall was quite roomy. I understand that the to ships are almost identical. Hope that helps. Barb.

:)

I don't know Zaandam cabin 1943 from experience, Joanie. But I did check the deck plans on the HAL website before I posted, and I just checked the paper deckplans from the Cruise Atlas 2012-2013.

Both sources list that cabin has not handicapped, and without a "sofabed".

This would not be the first time HAL had different information in two different sources, or incorrect info in one source. We all know that.

Beachluvr will only know for certain when she gets there.

I know Ruth:( Sometimes what they say and what they actually are can be quite different:( As one example just of the Nieuw Amsterdam Deck Plans show some staterooms as NON connecting and yet CC members have taken photos of the connecting doors, with loss of closet because of the connecting doors....

I am pasting below the last paragraph of the email sent to me by the upset CC member who found out the hard way about the lack of sofa in her stateroom. I've not added this to all of the ships HC info because I think it might be an isolated room or two... Until I hear from someone else, with photos, I am loath to do so just in case the sofa had been removed for the previous occupant.....

QUOTE: "PLEASE - point out lack of couch on your site. They remove the closet from hallway to permit wheelchair access and put the closet in the room where the couch goes. If people knew this, they would never accept handicapped room if not needed." UNQUOTE

Joanie

Thank you for the updates on my post. I truly apprreciate it. I am going to check with HAL to see if I can get a different cabin even though they stated there was a small love seat in it and not a sofa bed. I guess the question I should ask is if it is truly a handicapped room since we know that it is even though the information for this cabin doesn't state that it is.

Thank you for the updates on my post. I truly apprreciate it. I am going to check with HAL to see if I can get a different cabin even though they stated there was a small love seat in it and not a sofa bed. I guess the question I should ask is if it is truly a handicapped room since we know that it is even though the information for this cabin doesn't state that it is.
I just called HAL and a second agent told me there was a love seat and that it was not handicapped. I am sure he is going by the HAL info that is available to all of us but I believe the person who recently had this cabin. They wouldn't give me any other info and told me I had to work with my TA. I will be calling her tomorrow. I have not yet received my confirmation so I am hoping I have time to change my room.:eek:

We are booked on the Volendam again end of March, we tried to book M1842 again, but it was not available, we are now on Main deck in a K cabin, will take some photo's this time. BTW we really liked M1842, would book it again any time, it was not a handicapped cabin, and it was cheaper.. :D

Does anyone have information about the F category cabins aft - main deck on the Prinsendam? They are next to a lot of white space. I'm doing my usual obssessing about cabin selection, but since it's the grand south america for 68 days just want to know as much possible. Any information very much appreciated.

We had a great cabin on Rotterdam TA/Baltic last spring and I spent hours looking at Joanie's cabin information and pictures. What a great source of information - many thanks!!:):)

Does anyone have information about the F category cabins aft - main deck on the Prinsendam? They are next to a lot of white space. I'm doing my usual obssessing about cabin selection, but since it's the grand south america for 68 days just want to know as much possible. Any information very much appreciated.

We had a great cabin on Rotterdam TA/Baltic last spring and I spent hours looking at Joanie's cabin information and pictures. What a great source of information - many thanks!!:):)

I asked the same question just a few days ago on the Prinsendam forum. No one gave a definitive answer, but the space is probably crew cabins. Likely no public access, and it certainly does not lead to any open deck area.

We had a great cabin on Rotterdam TA/Baltic last spring and I spent hours looking at Joanie's cabin information anpictures. What a great source of information - many thanks!!:):)

I asked the same question just a few days ago on the Prinsendam forum. No one gave a definitive answer, but the space is probably crew cabins. Likely no public access, and it certainly does not lead to any open deck area.

If you look at the deck plans for Prinsendam you can see that the space above (deck) above the Aft F cabins on Main deck is the carpeted .Main Dining Room.

Taking a guess (and this is a wild guess) from the layout of the white area between the E and F aft cabins on Main deck that is in my guess (remember it is only a guess) either a part of the galley (though I doubt that as there is plenty of whaite space just fore of the Main Dining Room on that same deck) or Crew Quarters, though I tend to doubt that also. Possibly storage???

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we're thinking of taking family on the OOsterdam to Alaska. HA told me it had recently been refurbished, but I read some reviews that said it looked in need of refurbishment, and that was posted very recently. Anyone been on it recently, and what did you think?

We're trying to decide between it and the Star Princess which is a little more expensive, but we love that ship and it was just refurished in Dec.

Appreciate any input,

Thanks.:o

Hi Joanie,

Just sent you an email with a few photos from the Eurodam.

S :)

S, Got them and answered ya with a question attached:) BUT I see from your signature they are from last month so will add that to the page:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

hi does anyone has any picutres of the SB cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam? , we just booked SB 7132 on NA ship and was wondering what it may look like:confused: , we usually book SA but this time TA booked us in SB he assured us we would live the verandah and the cabin ;), there are 3 of us in SB cabin so when the pull out couch is open for our daugther to sleep , does it still give us a space to pass between the king size bed and the sofa to access the balcony ? i was worried that with the pull out couch ,when it is open it will not be that easy to have a morning cafe or a meal on the beautifull verandah , any advise or photos will be greatly apreciated

Edited by honey-bunny

hi does anyone has any picutres of the SB cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam? , we just booked SB 7132 on NA ship and was wondering what it may look like:confused: , we usually book SA but this time TA booked us in SB he assured us we would live the verandah and the cabin ;), there are 3 of us in SB cabin so when the pull out couch is open for our daugther to sleep , does it still give us a space to pass between the king size bed and the sofa to access the balcony ? i was worried that with the pull out couch ,when it is open it will not be that easy to have a morning cafe or a meal on the beautifull verandah , any advise or photos will be greatly apreciated

I do have photos from SB 7132 on her sister ship Eurodam. They should be almost exactly the same They are near the bottom of this page (click on each photo to see them full sized) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

I do have photos from SB 7132 on her sister ship Eurodam. They should be almost exactly the same They are near the bottom of this page (click on each photo to see them full sized) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

thank you so much Joanie for the photos , it trully helped us to see what the SB cabin will look like :)

Edited by honey-bunny

Joanie, do you know if the Zaandam has self-laundry facilities? By that I mean a room where we go in to do our own laundry. Thanks.

I think both the R and S class ships have at least 1 if not more self serve laundry facilities, BUT I am not positive.

I think that should be asked on the Main Board. Sorry.....

Joanie

Good for you, Joanie. I applaud what you are attempting. I'm new to all of this and it will take me forever to learn all about CC, but I've managed to start a roll call for my 2012 cruise and I'll look with interest when I find your pictures. You GO, girl! Don't be discouraged.

Good for you, Joanie. I applaud what you are attempting. I'm new to all of this and it will take me forever to learn all about CC, but I've managed to start a roll call for my 2012 cruise and I'll look with interest when I find your pictures. You GO, girl! Don't be discouraged.

Caliope, I never was discouraged:)

I've been doing it since August of 2009 and it is going strong!!

The main site is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

The direct link to the Prinsendam is here (Limited photos of her though, I think it is because most of the people usually aboard her may be computer illiterate): http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Prinsendam/index.html

AND if you ever need to find the link(s) again, they are in my signature:)

Joanie