Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

Thanks for checking your pictures for me. The DD's on the Rotterdam are all partially obstructed so that may be why someone was able to look to the left and see the view. The HH's are completely obstructed so, like you, I think that we would only be able to see the steel wall. I had to complete our reservation by 5:00 today so after sleeping on it I decided to request an HH Guarantee instead of that particular cabin. The price was good so if I end up with an HH (all are located on the lower promenade deck), I will just have to walk down the hall and outside to get a good view.

Thanks, also, for all of the help that you give to us cruisers. I always check your site when I am looking into cabins.

Audi

Joanie, Do you have photos of the hallways on the Westerdam on Deck 5. I have cabins #5191 and #5179 booked. I have a small mobility scooter and would like to see how the hallway looks outside these cabins for reference to "drive" into the cabins. Last year on Princess I had no problems but this will be my first cruise on HAL so I would appreciate any advance visuals. Thank you.

Joanie, Do you have photos of the hallways on the Westerdam on Deck 5. I have cabins #5191 and #5179 booked. I have a small mobility scooter and would like to see how the hallway looks outside these cabins for reference to "drive" into the cabins. Last year on Princess I had no problems but this will be my first cruise on HAL so I would appreciate any advance visuals. Thank you.

I had the same setup on Noordam in 5190, and the door is wide enough for a large geriatric scooter and full sized quadriplegic style electric wheelchair (we've had friends in both of the larger electric vehicles come and visit with no problems. If you drive straight in and make a left turn, you can park the scooter/wheelchair on the left side of the stateroom across from the Bar or if you have the coffee table moved or even removed, you can park it by the verandah door.

Scroll nearly to the bottom of the pages below to see the staterooms.

If you have any trouble viewing the photos let me know so I can try and post them in PhotoBuckets or someplace like that.

If you go to my photos on Noordam Deck 5 Stateroom 5190 here http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-5.html the first photo is of where I parked not only my scooter, but also my POC.

I did find photos of Oosterdam SC 5191 (sister ship to Westerdam) which shows the door and a better view of the interior of what you should expect on Westerdam (Noordam 5191, interior may be a bit larger inside than the Westerdam and Oosterdam.) http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html

Looking at the photos of Oosterdam, I might suggest that you ask the steward to remove at least one of the chairs and possibly even the coffee table....

I also found photos of both SC 5190 and SC 5191 on Westerdam, which shows a better for you: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-5.html

Joanie

I just came back from the Westerdam last week. I walk all the hallways on both side on all levals. The 5th leval does not have enought room for you to leave your scooter outside your cabin

I just came back from the Westerdam last week. I walk all the hallways on both side on all levals. The 5th leval does not have enought room for you to leave your scooter outside your cabin

Actually, there is no question of leaving any scooter or wheel chair out in the Hallways as it is a Safety Issue!! Imagine trying to evacuate and having one impeding your way... The same as leaving dirty dishes and anything else outside your stateroom. It is a big No No!!

The CC member was not asking about leaving/parking the scooter in the hallway. But was asking for photos so they could see how it would fit through the doorway into their suite/stateroom:)

Originally Posted by CotoDisco viewpost.gif

Note the underlined portion (I underlined it) CotoDisco, specifically says "Drive" into the cabin.

Joanie

Hi, I'm looking for any info I can get regarding the balconies on the 2 SZ cabins on the Zuiderdam: 6052 & 6117.

This will be our first time on HA. Right now, we are booked in a category VC on the Verandah Deck. We have the opportunity to upgrade to one of the above SZ suites for $100 more total.

I know the SZ cabins will be much larger and that they will NOT get all the great suite perks that an SA or SB suite would but I think we'd be ok with just the extra space.

My concern is with the shape of the balcony. I swear I read a review somewhere from someone that had a balcony shaped like this but now I can't find it. Seems like the balcony on 6117 will be facing into the wind and may not allow for enjoyable use on our trip to Alaska.

The balcony on 6052 will face against the wind but I'm not sure about looking behind me and not ahead of me.

Any thoughts please?

Hi, I'm looking for any info I can get regarding the balconies on the 2 SZ cabins on the Zuiderdam: 6052 & 6117.

This will be our first time on HA. Right now, we are booked in a category VC on the Verandah Deck. We have the opportunity to upgrade to one of the above SZ suites for $100 more total.

I know the SZ cabins will be much larger and that they will NOT get all the great suite perks that an SA or SB suite would but I think we'd be ok with just the extra space.

My concern is with the shape of the balcony. I swear I read a review somewhere from someone that had a balcony shaped like this but now I can't find it. Seems like the balcony on 6117 will be facing into the wind and may not allow for enjoyable use on our trip to Alaska.

The balcony on 6052 will face against the wind but I'm not sure about looking behind me and not ahead of me.

Any thoughts please?

I do have not only photos of SZ 6052 and SY 6108 (It is the Handicapped version of SZ 6117, same location, just opposite side of the ship)on Westerdam (younger sister ship to Zuiderdam, and my own experience in one deck below on Oosterdam:)

SZ 6052 on Westerdam will be the same as Zuiderdam. And let me tell you, I love that layout!!

Photos of SZ 6052 can be seen here (about 1/2 way down the page): http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

I also have Zuiderdam's SY 6108 photos here (see the paragraph above about it) : http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/Deck-6.html

The views from the Forward staterooms in "The Bend" of the ship, 6049, 6052 are amazing!! And with the way the partition is between the staterooms just forward of them, it is amazing how well you can enjoy that verandah even while the ship is moving full steam ahead:)

We were in VF 5054 on the Oosterdam, as I said, one deck below the SZ 6052 and LOVED IT!!! Photos of our views, some of them can be seen here (again, about 1/2 way down the page) : http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html

I would not hesitate for a heart beat in taking either of the forward SZ'zs in The Bend of the ship. But do not think I would be so happy to take one of those further back, SZ 6117 or SY 6108 due to the wind in my face.

On Nieuw Amsterdam 6049 and 6052 are VB Staterooms instead and I do have photos of VB 6052 (almost 1/2 way down the page) http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-6.html

6117 was renumbered on the Signature Class ships to SS 6113) and 6108 are SS. SS 6108 and SS 6113 (6117 on the Vista ships) can be seen here (1/2 way down the page) http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-6.html

Hope these help?

Joanie

Grrrrrrrrr......... I wanted to be able to show you some photos of an HH Obstructed view, or at least the view from one of the mnighboring staterooms on your ship or even another R or S Class ship.......... However, I do not have any:(

I think the best thing is to look at jtl513's photos of DD 404 on Maasdam for a better idea than any I could compare your HH to (view wise only!!) http://abqreunion2008.com/Maasdam/Deck-6.html My belief is that your stateroom would have a direct view of that steel wall in the right of John's Photo, but you could look right of the wall (as he did to the left) and have the same view....

Keep in mind that I am just guessing here as I've not been on one of the R or S class ships and am going by what I read and see in his photos.

Joanie

Joanie - I have some pics of a HH cabin from the Volendam taken on our last cruise. May need a few days to send them to you as I need to get DH to show me where he stored our pics. :)

Joanie, Thanks for your website. You had the only photo I could find of an aft cabin on the Statendam on the Lower Promenade deck. I'll send you some more of 421. Fantasitic cabin due to it being wider with very close access to the outside deck.

Joanie - I have some pics of a HH cabin from the Volendam taken on our last cruise. May need a few days to send them to you as I need to get DH to show me where he stored our pics. :)

Thank you so very much!!! That would be awesome!!!

Joanie

Joanie, Thanks for your website. You had the only photo I could find of an aft cabin on the Statendam on the Lower Promenade deck. I'll send you some more of 421. Fantasitic cabin due to it being wider with very close access to the outside deck.

Another AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much!!! This is why my site works so well for all of us:) We work together to know what we are buying:)

I'm happy that I had a photo for you to see your stateroom!!! Another thanks goes to all our CC friends and families who take the photos and send them to me so I can share them with everyone:)

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
I've not been able to find any photos of cabin 7083 on the Zaandam. Are there any and how do I find them? Thanks!

While I do not have photos of Zaandam's DD 7083 or DD 7086 I do have of Volendam!!! Since they are sister ships (R Class), the staterooms should be almost exactly the same, well, except for furnishings anyway:)

Here is the link to Volendam Deck 7, Photos of DD 7086 are near the bottom of the page. They were renamed/re-categorized from I 7083 and I 7086 to DD 7083 and DD 7086 a couple of years back.) http://abqreunion2008.com/Volendam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

Do you want any photos from the Westerdamn while we are there? We are in 8041.

Yes Please!!! Any and all photos not just of the stateroom(s) but also any others of the ship that you'd care to share would be absolutely awesome!!

If you'd make sure to include your CC name and a description of the stateroom itself, both good and bad:)

Thank You so much!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joanie, you do a super-duper job with this effort ... kudos and appreciations your way....

but a question.... We found an incredible deal on a Cunard cruise (no flames, please, we'll be back to HAL) ... do you know of anyone doing a similar effort with cabin infor for other cruise lines ships. :confused: