Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Anyone know if the aft cabins on the Veendam have plexiglass/glass between the foot board and the wood railing? From the pictures it looks like it might not.

I may be able to help you out. Click on the photo to see full sized)

The following are from:

Deck 9 -

A 226

sm-226_seadrifter-4.jpg

A 232

sm-A232_Obnxshs-2.jpg

Deck 10 -

S 023

sm-023_charleysmom-6.jpg

It appears that even the Penthouse (PS 001) has the Steel railings

sm-PS-001_FoxyTerrier-0182.jpg

It appears to me that all the verandahs on Veendam are Steel

Joanie

Anyone out there have pics or even thoughts on the Vista ships vf balconies that are on deck 5 that are just after the angle - They are quad rooms, I think they are 5056 and 5053. Their balconies appear to be odd-shaped.

Just wondering, if we had to have a vf (didn't want to spend the $ to move up to vd, and we wanted the clear plexi-glass that can only be found on deck 5, would 1 of these 2 cabins after the angle be better than the other vf quad cabins on deck 5?

I'm looking at the zuiderdam plans, but I guess it's the same configuration on all vista ships. Thanks!

Joanie, Thanks so very much for all the work you do putting all this stuff together. Here is my question, though. 4168 on Nieuw Amsterdam is adjacent to a stairway. Is the balcony, then, wider than the stateroom, or is it 'dead' space?

Joanie' date=' Thanks so very much for all the work you do putting all this stuff together. Here is my question, though. 4168 on Nieuw Amsterdam is adjacent to a stairway. Is the balcony, then, wider than the stateroom, or is it 'dead' space?[/quote']

On the Vista Class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam staterooms 4164 and 4166 and on the 2 Signature class ships, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam 4166 and 4168 the verandahs are double wide!!! They are 18 feet wide as opposed to the normal 9 feet wide!!

Here are a couple of photos which you can click on to see the larger verandah (For some reason my photos are not showing up when I copy and paste them into the post. So, the links to them are below the stateroom numbers.

Zuiderdam 4164

sm-4164-2.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/sm-4164-2.jpg

4164 and 4166 on Oosterdam

sm-Noordam_4166-1.jpg--sm-Noordam_4166-2.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Noordam_4166-1.jpg http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Noordam_4166-2.jpg

4166 on Eurodam (duplicate on the Nieuw Amsterdam)

sm-4166_VermeulT-3.jpg--sm-4166_VermeulT-4.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/4166_VermeulT-3.jpg http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/4166_VermeulT-4.jpg

One of the best Verandahs to have!!!

I'd have to say that it would only be "dead space" if you do not use it *Grin*

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Anyone out there have pics or even thoughts on the Vista ships vf balconies that are on deck 5 that are just after the angle - They are quad rooms, I think they are 5056 and 5053. Their balconies appear to be odd-shaped.

Just wondering, if we had to have a vf (didn't want to spend the $ to move up to vd, and we wanted the clear plexi-glass that can only be found on deck 5, would 1 of these 2 cabins after the angle be better than the other vf quad cabins on deck 5?

I'm looking at the zuiderdam plans, but I guess it's the same configuration on all vista ships. Thanks!

I have the same question regarding the Westerdam. We only need a room for three, but the balconies look a *little* bigger.

On the Vista Class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam staterooms 4164 and 4166 and on the 2 Signature class ships, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam 4166 and 4168 the verandahs are double wide!!! They are 18 feet wide as opposed to the normal 9 feet wide!!

Here are a couple of photos which you can click on to see the larger verandah (For some reason my photos are not showing up when I copy and paste them into the post. So, the links to them are below the stateroom numbers.

Zuiderdam 4164 http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/4164-2.jpg

4164 and 4166 on Noordam (I originally said Oosterdam, duh..)

http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Noordam_4166-1.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Noordam_4166-2.jpg

4166 on Eurodam (duplicate on the Nieuw Amsterdam)

http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/4166_VermeulT-3.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/4166_VermeulT-4.jpg

One of the best Verandahs to have!!!

I'd have to say that it would only be "dead space" if you do not use it *Grin*

Joanie

I have no idea what is happening with my photos here the last 2 days, but there is a problem and I hope that you can now see the photos by clicking on the lins.

Lord Spain, thank you sir for letting me know!!

Joanie

Hi, does anyone by any chance who has sailed on Veendam know if there is an open deck space on deck 5 (Main deck) aft section?

From the looks of the deck plan its white open space with a couple of stairways but I can't tell if it's inside or outside.

Thanks for the help!

Has anyone been in N1802 or N1803 right in the front of the ship on the Dolphin deck? Or a H (obstructed porthole) category way up front same deck? The prices have come down on this categories and I'm not sure if it is worth the $300 to try and move. Right now we are on this deck MM1944 which is a larger interior room and in the back instead which I believe is better. I am hopeful balconies or ocean views come down and that maybe I can get an upsell opportunity close to sail time. I have never done this before and my agents have never offered to do it for me. I suspect this is doubtful on an Alaska cruise :confused:

Has anyone been in N1802 or N1803 right in the front of the ship on the Dolphin deck? Or a H (obstructed porthole) category way up front same deck? The prices have come down on this categories and I'm not sure if it is worth the $300 to try and move. Right now we are on this deck MM1944 which is a larger interior room and in the back instead which I believe is better. I am hopeful balconies or ocean views come down and that maybe I can get an upsell opportunity close to sail time. I have never done this before and my agents have never offered to do it for me. I suspect this is doubtful on an Alaska cruise :confused:

For the Zaandam the info I have is descriptive only:

N 1803 Standard Interior Stateroom Deck 1 Dolphin Deck

[

Description Only: It was great! Little sound from folks walking and talking outside our cabin. When in Port it was very easy to be first off without waiting in line or leaving just after the herd of folks left the ship. Very little rocking, only heard water slapping a couple of times. The window is the only thing we missed. Sorry we did not take any photo's. But loved our "Well appointed Closet" as my DH called it Light behind the curtain at the head of the bed made you feel like you had a window there. Lots of storage, Nice size shower, Extra long couch that would make out into a bed if we needed it. Not much motion, had looked forward to rocking to sleep. Very quiet room, no hallway chatter or pattering around. And had the best in bed massage when the anchor was dropped. It was kind of fun, worked as an alarm clock, (IRL_Joanie's Note: This stateroom is located at the Fore (Front) of the ship.)

[

Cruise Critic Member: JAMS1

I do have photos with description of one of the other R class ships, Amsterdam 1804 here http://abqreunion2008.com/Amsterdam/Deck-1.html

Wish I could be more helpful....but..

Joanie

For the Zaandam the info I have is descriptive only:

N 1803 Standard Interior Stateroom Deck 1 Dolphin Deck

[

Description Only: It was great! Little sound from folks walking and talking outside our cabin. When in Port it was very easy to be first off without waiting in line or leaving just after the herd of folks left the ship. Very little rocking, only heard water slapping a couple of times. The window is the only thing we missed. Sorry we did not take any photo's. But loved our "Well appointed Closet" as my DH called it Light behind the curtain at the head of the bed made you feel like you had a window there. Lots of storage, Nice size shower, Extra long couch that would make out into a bed if we needed it. Not much motion, had looked forward to rocking to sleep. Very quiet room, no hallway chatter or pattering around. And had the best in bed massage when the anchor was dropped. It was kind of fun, worked as an alarm clock, (IRL_Joanie's Note: This stateroom is located at the Fore (Front) of the ship.)

[

Cruise Critic Member: JAMS1

I do have photos with description of one of the other R class ships, Amsterdam 1804 here http://abqreunion2008.com/Amsterdam/Deck-1.html

Wish I could be more helpful....but..

Joanie

Thank you so much Joanie. I must have missed this when I first looked on your site. I will check out the link.

Our price dropped and we were able to move from an interior to an interior with unobstructed port hole. We are so happy:) The cabin is 1808 dolphin deck, category H. I have never sailed this close to the front before. Not sure about that but grateful for the ability to get some day light into the room. Couldn't find any comments on this cabin but you may know about this cabin type and location?

I'm looking for any pics of Statendam Cat H 502. this cabin is in the front of the ship, It has a shower only. Does anyone have any pics? Do you think one of those little chairs could fit in this room?

I'm booked on a 28 day cruise next March. since I booked this cruise I have been diagnosed with Fibromialiga. It's cronic and painful. I am a bit nervious about cruising and away from the dr's if there is a need. I do have trouble walking and sitting so if we go it will be a different cruise for us. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks so much

I'm looking for any pics of Statendam Cat H 502. this cabin is in the front of the ship, It has a shower only. Does anyone have any pics? Do you think one of those little chairs could fit in this room?

I'm booked on a 28 day cruise next March. since I booked this cruise I have been diagnosed with Fibromialiga. It's cronic and painful. I am a bit nervious about cruising and away from the dr's if there is a need. I do have trouble walking and sitting so if we go it will be a different cruise for us. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks so much

The photos I have are on her sister ship Veendam and should be pretty similar. You can see them here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Veendam/Deck-5.html And yes, a chair or scooter will work in this stateroom:)

Joanie

Just upgraded to this cabin from a regular verandah cabin on Partial Panama Canal transit in November. Would love any information and photos available. My sister and her family have the cabin next door. Hope we can open up the partition between balconies. Will that obstruct any windows or views in either cabin?

Just upgraded to this cabin from a regular verandah cabin on Partial Panama Canal transit in November. Would love any information and photos available. My sister and her family have the cabin next door. Hope we can open up the partition between balconies. Will that obstruct any windows or views in either cabin?

I have photos of SY 6109, which is right next door to SY 6107:)

You can see them here http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/Deck-6.html They are about 1/2 way down the page and were taken in the past year.

Joanie

Joanie, thank you so much for all of the work that you have done on your site. I was able to see actual photos of my Deluxe Verandah Suite SA 7067 on the Westerdam. I will be sailing May 12th for Alaska. I got a great offer and just couldn't turn it down.

Rick

We just received our cabin assignment for our upcoming May 12th Mediterranean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We had a VH guarantee and were given VB 6146. It is a shower only cabin. I've never heard of this? No bath tub? Any chance anyone would have a picture of this? Not too sure if I am happy with the upgrade or sad that I won't have a bath tub. Thanks.

Patti

We just received our cabin assignment for our upcoming May 12th Mediterranean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We had a VH guarantee and were given VB 6146. It is a shower only cabin. I've never heard of this? No bath tub? Any chance anyone would have a picture of this? Not too sure if I am happy with the upgrade or sad that I won't have a bath tub. Thanks.

Patti

I had a VD cabin on the Oosterdam (sorry, can't remember the cabin number) that was a shower only. There are a few of them; I think they are marked with an asterisk on the deck plans. I knew this cabin had a shower only when I booked and didn't mind since I rarely use the tub. If you want/need a tub, maybe you can see if HAL can move you? Can't hurt to try.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by dobiemom