Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joanie.

I had this cabin on the cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal. I love the D category location on the R/S ships. The 588 is midship and closer to the forward steps but, at the same time no for from the aft steps. Any noise from the lower promenade deck.

Then I had two great cabin stewards (Buddy and Frevi) although they were very busy with special cleaning because the ship was in code red for almost all the cruise long and I guess that was the reason of I had the cabin set sometimes very early in the morning or sometimes after lunch but that didn’t bother me at all.

Glad to help you to make your site fantastic.

6hntzs.jpg

152e4vs.jpg

167l3zd.jpg

2j5xqwh.jpg

167l3zd.jpg

This is my friend’s cabin. He booked an inside guarantee and he got a N. He was satisfied although he had some issue: no hot water for a couple of days ( they solved it promptly) and some noise for the close door service getting to the staff cabins.

9vckr7.jpg

rbw521.jpg

302cjra.jpg

Hi Joanie.

I had this cabin on the cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal. I love the D category location on the R/S ships. The 588 is midship and closer to the forward steps but, at the same time no for from the aft steps. Any noise from the lower promenade deck.

Then I had two great cabin stewards (Buddy and Frevi) although they were very busy with special cleaning because the ship was in code red for almost all the cruise long and I guess that was the reason of I had the cabin set sometimes very early in the morning or sometimes after lunch but that didn’t bother me at all.

Glad to help you to make your site fantastic.

I will get these all up as soon as I can. Right now I am unable to spend much time on the computer due to health. Chicken Pox makes it difficult to sit and concentrate for very long:(

Thank you so much for all of these!! They are greatly appreciated!!

Joanie

I will get these all up as soon as I can. Right now I am unable to spend much time on the computer due to health. Chicken Pox makes it difficult to sit and concentrate for very long:(

Joanie

So sorry to hear that, Joanie. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ciao,

Fabio.

• 2 weeks later...
So sorry to hear that, Joanie. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ciao,

Fabio.

Doing better now, thank you:) Still in quarantine for at least another week. God I am beginning to hate the walls of my house:D

But, I have all your photos and many more up and running on the site now.

Over the past few days I have updated staterooms on Maasdam, Oosterdam, Rotterdam, Veendam and Westerdam.

OK, back to watching the Greatest Spectacle on Earth, "The Indianapolis 500":)

Joanie

Joanie, glad you are recovering.

Somewhere on this board I read a complaint that cabin 6166 on the Westerdam had insufficient closets. I am not sure if the author meant less closets than other SC category cabins, or less closets than other aft (stern) cabins, or she was disgruntled with the cabin in general.

We are booked on a 30-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this October in 6166.

Do you have any information that might allay our inadequate closet fears?

Joanie, glad you are recovering.

Somewhere on this board I read a complaint that cabin 6166 on the Westerdam had insufficient closets. I am not sure if the author meant less closets than other SC category cabins, or less closets than other aft (stern) cabins, or she was disgruntled with the cabin in general.

We are booked on a 30-day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this October in 6166.

Do you have any information that might allay our inadequate closet fears?

I've stayed in the same cabin on the other vista ships and there are tons of storage space:) Closets out the Ying Yang 5 or 6 in the bed area and 4 in the dressing room. Drawers under the foot of the bed, 2 each in the nightstands and at least 3 in the dressing room. Also, in the bedroom closets the shelves can be folded up to make more hanging space or folded down for storing clothing etc.

There are also tons of shelves in the desk area, the bar and under the lamp right across from the bar.

I have no idea why the other poster stated there was not enough storage, but I had tons and others said the same as I:)

Look at 6166 and 6177 on the 4 vistas, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam and read the reviews and you will see

http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-6.html

http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/Deck-6.html

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/Deck-6.html

Hope these ease your concern:) Most of us, well actually everyone else, who have stayed in these cabins report they have so much storage that it was impossible to fill them:)

Joanie

I've stayed in the same cabin on the other vista ships and there are tons of storage space:) Closets out the Ying Yang 5 or 6 in the bed area and 4 in the dressing room.

Joanie

I have checked various posts with photos of 6166 on the Westerdam and there are no closets in the bedroom area (it is a blank wall). This was the complaint of two different posters. They said that the Westerdam 6166 was not the same as the other Vista ships, and only had two small closets in the vanity area.

As for as I can tell from photos and videos of Westerdam 6166 they are correct. Are you positive that the Westerdam is identical to the other Vista ships you have stayed in? My DW is concerned that on a 30-day cruise she and I will need clothes hanging space (maybe not out the Ying Yang . . . but plenty).

The only other aft wrap-around cabin available is 7142 and that is several thousand more dollars (an SB as compared to a SC).

Your answer will be much appreciated.

Bob

I have checked various posts with photos of 6166 on the Westerdam and there are no closets in the bedroom area (it is a blank wall). This was the complaint of two different posters. They said that the Westerdam 6166 was not the same as the other Vista ships, and only had two small closets in the vanity area.

As for as I can tell from photos and videos of Westerdam 6166 they are correct. Are you positive that the Westerdam is identical to the other Vista ships you have stayed in? My DW is concerned that on a 30-day cruise she and I will need clothes hanging space (maybe not out the Ying Yang . . . but plenty).

The only other aft wrap-around cabin available is 7142 and that is several thousand more dollars (an SB as compared to a SC).

Bob

Hi Bob--- we are on the same cruise --- please contact me regarding this cabin --- you should have my email from the Bora Bora tour with Patrick.

Edited by HamburgAvonLady

Bob

Going back and really looking hard at the photos of 6166 provided by Essiesmom I think that I have to retract my comment about it having closets in the bedroom area.

The photo at the link below is taken from the verandah door and it is obvious that thre are no closets on the wall opposite it. This may be the only Vista ship that is like this.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/6166_Essiesmom-5.jpg

I am sorry for the inaccurate information I gave you:(

Would you consider Deck 5 Staterooms 5190 or 5191? You can see they have the closets in the bedroom

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/5190_djhsolara-5.jpg

5190 and 5191 are also SC staterooms and I believe they are the largest of the aft wrap staterooms, plus they are completely covered do no matter the weather you can use it:)

More photos of Deck 5 are here http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-5.html

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Bob--- we are on the same cruise --- please contact me regarding this cabin --- you should have my email from the Bora Bora tour with Patrick.

HambugAvonLady, you've got mail.

Bob

Would greatly appreciate comments re cabin C3375

Apologies just realised need to ask on new thread.

No need to apologize:)

The only info I have regarding the bank of staterooms that encompasses C 3375 is a report from a respected member of CC, Spinner2 from this past September. She states:

C 3372 through C 3376 Large Ocean View Staterooms Deck 3 Lower Promenade Deck

DD 3377 and DD 3378 Large Partial Ocean View Staterooms Deck 3 Lower Promenade Deck

[

WARNING: Joanie, we're aboard the Amsterdam now and while this isn't a photo (our cabin is a standard Lower Prom outside and I'm sure you have a multitude of photos of those) the cabin we have now has a noise problem that is not like any we've heard of. The sound, at ALL times, 24/7, resembles the chug-chug-chug of a train going by you a a good speed. That would be acceptable occasionally, but it hasn't stopped since we left Seattle and per Guest Relations, it's a "normal" ship noise; it's the casing on some engine, and it is not something to repair. But the constant, never-ending sound level makes it totally unacceptable. We need to warn people that on the Amsterdam, 3372, probably our neighbor 3374 and judging from the noise level (and the vibrations!) in the corridor, the block of 5 cabins starting at about 3368 and going aft to 3378 are not good assignments. It's the constant, never-ending noise that's the problem; it does improve slightly when the ship slows but returns to its standard chug-chug-chug with any pick up of speed. Other than that, it's the usual great cruise! Even if we get moved (right now there's no place to move to) that won't solve the problem for future cruisers. I have notified the Roll Call for the next cruise (assuming there is one; I'm pre-writing everything so I can just toss it up there when I go online) because they will be getting cabin assignments soon, if they don't already have them. Warning Dated 4 September 2011

Cruise Critic member: Spinner2

I have no other info regarding C 3375, I am sorry. I wish I could tell you more....

Joanie

AN EARLY FYI to change all Bookmarks and references for the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site!!

Due to major problems in the last few months (November 2011 through present), as many of you may know, I have switched servers/hosts for the MAIN HAL Staterooms/Cabins web site. Because of this problem with the OLD server/Host And their lack of response to the problems, I am shutting the BACK UP site down completely on or about 1 August 2012

Backup Staterooms/Cabins Web Site http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ (shutting down this Back Up site on or around 1 Aug 2012.)

So please use the Main HAL Staterooms/Cabins in future. http://abqreunion2008.com/

I have made a notice not only in my CC signature, but also ONLY on the Back Up Sites' Main Page located on the .topcities.com server.

I will continue to update those pages at the same time as I update the Main Site, but only through the end of July 2012. On 1 August 2012 I will delete all files on the topcities.com back up site and cancel my payments to the server/host there.

Hopefully this notice will be timely enough to give everyone a chance to change their Bookmarks now:)

Joanie

Thanks to EssiesMom I now have tons of new photos up for Staterooms on Nieuw Amsterdam!!! Took all morning and part of the afternoon but they are now ready for your viewing (drooling??:D) pleasure here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index.html Specifically the staterooms added are on Decks 1, 4, 6, 8 and 11. Also updated the Deck 6 Handicapped Staterooms http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index-3.html with SB 6052.

Many Many MANY thanks to EM!!!!

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Joanie,

I just booked one of these cabins on deck 3 (lower promenade) in the aft part of the ship. It is a little behind the last set of elevators. The window will actually look out to the promenade where people walk and it looks like the wall of the ship will be all that I will see. I am wondering if you have any pictures from this area that would show how much light might come into the room in the daytime and how bright it will be at nighttime with the promenade lights on. The price was right - $200.00 cheaper than a couple of weeks ago and the same price as the cheapest inside cabin on the ship. I can still request a guarantee HH and hope for the best. I have done this on HAL and done well but on a Princess cruise we were put directly above a VERY loud bar that seemed to be open for most of the night. The percussion sounds were terrible. I still call that my cruise-from-hell. I know that people will say to pick a cabin that I can be happy with but unfortunately there is a very large jump in price to the next level. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary so I would really like for this cruise to be special. If any of you out there has stayed in one of these cabins will you let me know how you liked it? Thank you

Hi, Joanie,

I just booked one of these cabins on deck 3 (lower promenade) in the aft part of the ship. It is a little behind the last set of elevators. The window will actually look out to the promenade where people walk and it looks like the wall of the ship will be all that I will see. I am wondering if you have any pictures from this area that would show how much light might come into the room in the daytime and how bright it will be at nighttime with the promenade lights on. The price was right - $200.00 cheaper than a couple of weeks ago and the same price as the cheapest inside cabin on the ship. I can still request a guarantee HH and hope for the best. I have done this on HAL and done well but on a Princess cruise we were put directly above a VERY loud bar that seemed to be open for most of the night. The percussion sounds were terrible. I still call that my cruise-from-hell. I know that people will say to pick a cabin that I can be happy with but unfortunately there is a very large jump in price to the next level. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary so I would really like for this cruise to be special. If any of you out there has stayed in one of these cabins will you let me know how you liked it? Thank you

Grrrrrrrrr......... I wanted to be able to show you some photos of an HH Obstructed view, or at least the view from one of the mnighboring staterooms on your ship or even another R or S Class ship.......... However, I do not have any:(

I think the best thing is to look at jtl513's photos of DD 404 on Maasdam for a better idea than any I could compare your HH to (view wise only!!) http://abqreunion2008.com/Maasdam/Deck-6.html My belief is that your stateroom would have a direct view of that steel wall in the right of John's Photo, but you could look right of the wall (as he did to the left) and have the same view....

Keep in mind that I am just guessing here as I've not been on one of the R or S class ships and am going by what I read and see in his photos.

Joanie