Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

this was my cabin during my cruise to Iceland. As always, I choose a D category for the location and all was perfect. Great location, no noise, great service from Rudy & Hery. I would choose this cabin again with no hesitation. Here they are:

Thank You!!! I downloaded all of D 375 and F 308:) I will get them all up in the next day or so!!

I take it that they were taken in September 2012 or August?

EDITED TO ADD: Forget the date.... Duh.... All I had to do was look at your cruise history and see that it was: 08/22/2012 prinsendam to iceland....Sorry about that....

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank You!!! I downloaded all of D 375 and F 308:) I will get them all up in the next day or so!!

I take it that they were taken in September 2012 or August?

EDITED TO ADD: Forget the date.... Duh.... All I had to do was look at your cruise history and see that it was: 08/22/2012 prinsendam to iceland....Sorry about that....

Joanie

My pleasure, Joanie.

Glad to help you to update your great site!

Ciao,

Fabio.

Any photos of the Ryndam in one of the FF rooms. I have room 829 outside cabin.

Would love to see the room before I go.

Thanks

Barbara

If you click on the photos below you will see FF 840 on the Ryndam. Should be the same for FF 829, just different location. The actual page they are on is near the bottom at: http://abqreunion2008.com/Ryndam/Deck-4.html

FF 840 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 A Deck

sm-StartrainDD-100_2990.JPG

sm-StartrainDD-100_2992-stitch.JPG

sm-StartrainDD-100_2993.JPG

Joanie

Thanks that really helps.From what I understand there is two beds that make a queen a sofa bed and a upper berth, any idea where that would be?

I have searched everyone of the S class ships for photos of a quad FF, with no luck:(

HOWEVER, I did find a quad on the Maasdam that I think has the same layout that you will have on Ryndam FF 829 except your stateroom is not an interior as the Ryndam photo is below.

I THINK the Bunk/Berth will pull down from the ceiling above the right hand side of the bed (standing at the foot of the bed and facing the head of it)

If you look closely at the photo below, you can see what appears to be what I think is the bunk stowed away in the ceiling between the curtain at the foot of the bed to the nightstand...I could be very wrong, but.......

sm-N-705_portofrome-2.jpg

Joanie

I have searched everyone of the S class ships for photos of a quad FF, with no luck:(

HOWEVER, I did find a quad on the Maasdam that I think has the same layout that you will have on Ryndam FF 829 except your stateroom is not an interior as the Ryndam photo is below.

I THINK the Bunk/Berth will pull down from the ceiling above the right hand side of the bed (standing at the foot of the bed and facing the head of it)

If you look closely at the photo below, you can see what appears to be what I think is the bunk stowed away in the ceiling between the curtain at the foot of the bed to the nightstand...I could be very wrong, but.......

sm-N-705_portofrome-2.jpg

Joanie

Thanks Joanie

This will be my 2nd Holland cruise and my families 1st. We normally cruise on RCCL. It has taken me forever to get my sister to try a different cruise line. I think the photos will help.

Once again thanks

• 4 weeks later...

On September 6, 2009, I thought of an idea to help all of who cruise or are looking at cruising on a HAL ship.......A web site specially for Cruisers to see photos and read descriptions of staterooms on the various HAL ships from their fellow cruisers.

Today, October 8, 2012, 3 years and 1 month later the Holland America Line "DAM" Ships and their Staterooms Cabins hit the 100,000 visitors mark!!! This is just to the Main Page it is not counting the direct links to either a ship's main page, a specific deck or specific photo.

The site has grown with your help to include Public Areas, Handicapped Staterooms, Luggage Tags, Recipes, and so much more.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you!!! Whether you have sent photos/description or not. Without ALL of you the DAM Ships site would never have been created and maintained as it is!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Joanie

we are in 8173 on Eurodam in a few weeks....any pictures of it? Thanks.....

Sandy, If you go to the following link you will find lots of photos taken in 2010 by Cruzisme. The SB 8173 begin about 3/4 of the way down the page. Click on each photo to see them full sized.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-8.html

Joanie

This will be our first booking on an aft cabin - Westerdam VA #5187. Do you have any pictures or information on it or one similar? Thank you for your efforts. We are HAL lovers since the '90s and have tried most categories except this. Looking forward to Thanksgiving onboard! Thanks again!

Edited by Cruisin' GranAnn
misspelling

This will be our first booking on an aft cabin - Westerdam VA #5187. Do you have any pictures or information on it or one similar? Thank you for your efforts. We are HAL lovers since the '90s and have tried most categories except this. Looking forward to Thanksgiving onboard! Thanks again!

Yes I do have photos of VA 5184' date=' which is the exact same as VA 5187 on Westerdam. You can click on each photo and see it full sized:

VA 5184 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck (This is an Aft Stateroom)

[

sm-5184_AriesLV-2.jpg--sm-5184_AriesLV-3.jpg

[

sm-5184_AriesLV-1.jpg

[

STATEROOM: we had aft balcony cabin 5184, and loved it. You could have parked an SUV on our balcony (three chairs, two tables, and a lounger!). In case you wondered, deck 5 aft balconies are completely enclosed, meaning that deck 6 extends the full length of the balcony. This is not true on other decks; deck 4, for example, is about half covered. For me, the enclosed balcony is a plus, because I’m pale, and laying out in the full sun is a bad idea for me. It does get a little stuff at times, but it was the right choice for me. I was absolutely blessed out sitting in the shape on my lounger reading a book, watching the ship’s wake, and listening to that wonderful white noise.

We loved how much drawer space we had. There are two large drawers at the end of the bed, and two smaller ones under the couch. The closets were well thought out too, I thought. There were even shelves that folded up out of the way of hanging clothes or could be put down for shelf space. I can’t imagine anyone needing more space than that which was provided.

My only minor complaint was the sideways toilet. It was a little…difficult to use (I’m 6’1). Photos March 2011

Cruise Critic Member: AriesLV

Hope these help???

Joanie

Thanks so much for the pics and comments, Joanie. It sounds like this is just what I had hoped for. We are anxiously awaiting the "new" experience - one month from today - and I have my Kindle filled with books to read while enjoying my LARGE balcony!!! I was offered an upsale to SY (category we were in for March cruise)for $75 or this location so it looks like I made the right choice.

Thanks so much for the pics and comments' date=' Joanie. It sounds like this is just what I had hoped for. We are anxiously awaiting the "new" experience - one month from today - and I have my Kindle filled with books to read while enjoying my LARGE balcony!!! I was offered an upsale to SY (category we were in for March cruise)for $75 or this location so it looks like I made the right choice.[/quote']

Being able to reassure other cruisers is what makes me continue to do the site:)

Joanie

We traveled a 28-day San Diego-Fort Lauderdale-San Diego itinerary through the Panama Canal on the Statendam in Nov 2011.

Our cabin did have some plumbing and air-conditioning issues but to the credit of the hotel manager Bert van Mackelenbergh and the guest services manager Cindy Castro, both issues were resolved to our complete satisfaction.

What really left a lasting positive impression with both my wife and myself is how genuinely committed these two officers were in getting those issues resolved.

Even though she is an older ship, we had a marvelous time on Statendam. We would sail her again in a heartbeat and I am sure we will be back on HAL soon.

Bill Millam

Edited by Bill Millam

Are there any pictures of the Zuiderdam' date=' especially category VH, aft cabin.[/quote']

The four VH cabins are in the front of the ship, not the aft.

Joanie's site doesn't have the Zuiderdam's VH cabins, but she does have pictures of the sister ship Westerdam. However, not interior views, just the deck.

See: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-4.html

Edited by kjw869

Hey Joanie!

The link. Your main page is working, but I can't get it to open the actual ships. This has always worked for me, so I thought you should know!

Thank you for all of your work! :D

Are you clicking on this URL?: http://abqreunion2008.com/ or on this one?: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

I ask because I am able to get to all the ship's pages on Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on both of my computers.

If others could see if they have a problem, I'd really appreciate it as it could be coming up in mine because it is in a hidden cache or ...... Otherwise I will have to wait until we get back from Dinner tonight and have hubby check the links on his computers.

Joanie