Been spoilt? Dawn to Sun...

yamcrzr

??????? I found it by going down first?

Sure you have the right staircase?

Just happened to be on the higher deck and see a staff member use it so down we went??? then up we went and down again many times:p

Den

Last time we were on board you couldn't go down it - the door at the top had no handle to enable it to be opened from the outside - it could only be opened from the inside, by someone on the stairwell.

I noticed that it is actually shown on the deck plans as well - if you know where to look, of course! :)

Hi, i have actually been on both ships and i liked the sun more than the dawn..There are more types of bars on the sun, more areas to sunbake and have time to yourself..Just liked the setup better and i know its not but i actually felt the sun was bigger than the dawn, i guess because of the way its set out, although i never found my way around on the sun, but thats half the fun i guess! I would def go on the sun again...Found both very clean, i actually liked the entertainment better on the sun also..

Last time we were on board you couldn't go down it - the door at the top had no handle to enable it to be opened from the outside - it could only be opened from the inside, by someone on the stairwell.

I noticed that it is actually shown on the deck plans as well - if you know where to look, of course! :)

yep its the same one! I just used my hand to slide it open each time as i cannot remember any sort of lock or catch?

Actualy cant remember the handle inside either as its quite dark at the top from memory:p

Den

you are right it is on the deck plans and very clearly marked, and as you say you have to know what you are looking fore.:D

Hi, i have actually been on both ships and i liked the sun more than the dawn..There are more types of bars on the sun, more areas to sunbake and have time to yourself..Just liked the setup better and i know its not but i actually felt the sun was bigger than the dawn, i guess because of the way its set out, although i never found my way around on the sun, but thats half the fun i guess! I would def go on the sun again...Found both very clean, i actually liked the entertainment better on the sun also..

I agree with you!

Might change my mind going back on the sun after the Dawn but the bar areas on theSun are closer,go between the nightclub and bar/ lounge at the rear, walk out the back for a smoke nip to the toilet in between the two,simple climb up a few stairs to buffet area or outside deck for a coffee in between beers:D.much better open deck space for lounging during the day!

Even though I liked the Dawn I thought it was all a bit hard to get to places ie the gym!

and the main deck is enclosed so you cant really see or get the feel of the sea unless you go to the small decks at the rear or sit on the jogging track up top!

Isuppose it depends on what you like? I still like the nightlife even though I am nearly an "Old Codger":D and only went in the show lounge on the Dawn for the past passenger captains thingy.

With the Dome it turns into a nightclub after 12 but there were still kids dancing around with their parents on some nights after12 like a wedding reception!,Then it turned into "Duff Duff"

At least you can swap between bars on the Sun with ease and the nightclub is Adults only except for the odd early underage teens disco which finishes very early.

Bit off putting when they start to paint the handrails and stuff when you are sill trying to enjoy your cruise near the end but they did that on the dawn as well!

I think its wrong! If they need to paint passenger areas they should do it in their own time not paying passengers time,they should have a day for maintenance in between cruises,and don't get me started with the "everything closes early" for a staff only party! what a cheek!:mad:

Den

you are right it is on the deck plans and very clearly marked, and as you say you have to know what you are looking fore.:D

Must be a different secret staircase, as you said before, you did not know where it is and when I looked at the deckplans, some thing is drawn on the deckplans but it looks nothing like a staircase and is not marked at all.

I checked the Plans on the p and O site, maybe you used different deck plans.

Must be a different secret staircase, as you said before, you did not know where it is and when I looked at the deckplans, some thing is drawn on the deckplans but it looks nothing like a staircase and is not marked at all.

I checked the Plans on the p and O site, maybe you used different deck plans.

no they are the same deck plans as yours, and no its not a differe:nt stair case, the same one you are looking at and have used.and as you say its not markets at all, but as more and more people read about it then more and more will now about and they will find it, I think its great that more people now about it now, yes I didnt now where it was , but that was along time ago but now I do know,:D

"you are right it is on the deck plans and very clearly marked, and as you say you have to know what you are looking fore" quoted by thied

"no they are the same deck plans as yours, and no its not a differe:nt stair case, the same one you are looking at and have used.and as you say its not markets at al" quoted by thied

Both are your posts an hour in between, so are they marked clearly or not???:rolleyes:

what sign shows it marked on the deck plans you have?

"you are right it is on the deck plans and very clearly marked, and as you say you have to know what you are looking fore" quoted by thied

"no they are the same deck plans as yours, and no its not a differe:nt stair case, the same one you are looking at and have used.and as you say its not markets at al" quoted by thied

Both are your posts an hour in between, so are they marked clearly or not???:rolleyes:

what sign shows it marked on the deck plans you have?

I agree with Riffraff and Tigermanond and your self and a few others about the Secret staircase, as you and a lot of other people have said in the past and I have read in past posts ,its a Secret and we cant tell any one where it is, thats why is is a Secret. Why are you asking me where it is? as you said on the August 31st, 2009,(you have found it and used it several times )

I think one of the problems is people read reviews on the 'Sun' or the 'Dawn' and what really needs addressing is referring to the correct name of the ship..'Pacific Dawn/Pacific Sun or Sun Princess/Dawn Princess. Then reviews cannot be mixed up.

I think one of the problems is people read reviews on the 'Sun' or the 'Dawn' and what really needs addressing is referring to the correct name of the ship..'Pacific Dawn/Pacific Sun or Sun Princess/Dawn Princess. Then reviews cannot be mixed up.
well iagree we should be useing the correct names of ship,at leasted new people would now what cruise the ship is as well, there is a few other words that have been shorttined like pax/ passenger.

THIED...I plead guilty to using the words Pax for passengers and shorex for shore excursions, it is the cruise language that many of us like as we are cruise addicts!

Now my next cruise is on the Star Princess, NOT 'The Star' or people will think I am on ye olde Pacific Star which is gone.

But to be serious one should give the ships their correct full title to avoid confusion.

Not just the Dawn or the Sun or the Star. At least there was only one Titanic.

Hey Les I'm with you.....if you want to shorten ships name you can always just use initials at least then we all have a fair idea of what ship you are talking about......want to say thanks to thied for translating my use of the word PAX in the post i did in the thread that was before this one yesterday....it's really not shortened words that are the problem with the posts on this board...

...it's the SP.....

off i go to neva neva land........and i don't care:D:p:p:p:p shiona

Hey Les I'm with you.....if you want to shorten ships name you can always just use initials at least then we all have a fair idea of what ship you are talking about......want to say thanks to thied for translating my use of the word PAX in the post i did in the thread that was before this one yesterday....it's really not shortened words that are the problem with the posts on this board...

...it's the SP.....

off i go to neva neva land........and i don't care:D:p:p:p:p shiona

whatever do you moan.

PS =Pacific Sun and SS= "Secret staircase" So "PSSS":p

A lot of it is my fault with the "Sun" as i cant be bothered SP-ing the rest of it! So will now use PS PD DP SP PJ, what about PAX should it be PX:D

DT:D

sounds great to me, but only one problem, any new people wont know what you are talking about:D

hey les i'm with you.....if you want to shorten ships name you can always just use initials at least then we all have a fair idea of what ship you are talking about......want to say thanks to thied for translating my use of the word pax in the post i did in the thread that was before this one yesterday....it's really not shortened words that are the problem with the posts on this board...

...it's the sp.....

Off i go to neva neva land........and i don't care:d:p:p:p:p shiona

rotflmao:d:d

It's probably something to do with a requirement that all areas have to have more than one exit, for safety reasons.

Just my guess..

Wouldn't be much good though if it's a secret would it??;):p

Archived