Which Cruise line has fewer children onboard / More Adult Oriented?

Kill@B3E

Hello,

My wife and I are planning our first cruise out of Galveston in either late November or early December. I've been on a Princess Cruise several years ago and had a great time. I know that there are three ships that sail from Galveston, but I'd like to stick to the larger two ships, the Carnival Conquest and RCL Voyager of the Seas.

I know cruises are geared towards families, but in your experience, could you tell me which one of these two ship or cruise lines have more adults and fewer screaming kids. Sorry parents, it's just my wife and myself for now. I'm sure we'll take a Disney cruise one day when we have little ones.

Thanks in advance,

Hi there,

The longer the cruise, the less children there are on board. Economics at play. You will also encounter fewer children if you book your cruise while school is still in session. All this being said, there will still be children on board. Families go on vacation when they go. The only other option is to fly to some port outside of the US and take a 8+ day cruise. Usually the cost of the flight on top of the cruise price itself cuts down the number of families that can afford to cruise. Hope this helps. :D

If you cruise on a week that isn't Thanksgiving and Christmas either line should have fewer children. Summer, spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's cruises tend to have a lot of families on board since school is out.

That being said, there will still be children on board. Both lines have good children's programs so the little ones will be occupied most of the time.

Iv found equal amounts of children on RCL and Carnival. Both are known to have great children's programs. Princess has less but isnt a option.

Find another criteria to pick, as both will have lots of children. Iv been on both ships and preferred Voyager, more wow factor, its a beautiful ship and service was better than on Conquest.

Hello,

My wife and I are planning our first cruise out of Galveston in either late November or early December. I've been on a Princess Cruise several years ago and had a great time. I know that there are three ships that sail from Galveston, but I'd like to stick to the larger two ships, the Carnival Conquest and RCL Voyager of the Seas.

I know cruises are geared towards families, but in your experience, could you tell me which one of these two ship or cruise lines have more adults and fewer screaming kids. Sorry parents, it's just my wife and myself for now. I'm sure we'll take a Disney cruise one day when we have little ones.

Thanks in advance,

They're BOTH going to have a lot of kids, but if you're only choosing between those two then go with Voyager, it's a vastly superior ship in every way!

If you want to get away from kids you have to go with either a longer cruise when school is in session, or a more upscale line. Look into Crystal, Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Oceania, SeaDream, Seabourn, etc.

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

I think all 3 cruises will have kids and adults acting like kids no matter when you sail. I agree that if you avoid the standard US holiday times Thanksgiving and Christmas two weeks you'll find fewer of the young kids as most of us prefer to let our school age kids focus on school during school season. You will still find kids and screaming adults whenever you travel :D Based on the way the lines market their respective lines I think you'll find more screaming passengers on RCL and Carnival then Princess for the same ports/time. As another mentioned the more upscale you go the fewer screaming and misbehaved adults and kids you'll find as well.

Good luck

Go the first or second week of December and you'll find "less" kids. But both lines attract hundreds of kids, and at times it doesn't seem to matter what time of year you cruise as many parents take their kids out of school to cruise. I've heard some not so great things about Carnival's cruises out of Galveston, so I'd stick with Royal Caribbean

Length of the cruise (price) and time play a large role on how many kids/families you will have on the boat. I would imagine there will be families on all of them, but if you go on a longer cruise, greater than 7 days, and cruise during a non-holiday period, then you will have less families. Early November and early December are good dates to shoot for. I would avoid Thanksgiving week and Christmas break time.

As a newcomer, I have not yet sailed on anything but Carnival's Fantasy and Conquest. We sailed the Conquest last November and again last February. From leaving home for the 3 hour drive, the night before hotel, parking, luggage, getting on and off, the ship staff, shore excursions, other passengers, everything was absolutey perfect. There were children but not large groups of them. The biggest thing with that time of year is fog. It can delay a cruise for hours but this affects both lines.

Archived