Just on Twitter -- Carnival has a Big Announcement at 2 pm!!

Ship Addict

You are guys forgetting that Carnival Spirit will be doing Cabo San lucas cruises.. yes, it wont be during the summer because she will be doing the alaska cruises..

hold your horses!!

You are talking about NEXT Oct. (2010) for a few short weeks and maybe a week or 2 in April of 2011:rolleyes:

Burning question: Will the Elation be getting the upgrades anytime soon? I thought that all the Fantasy class ships were in line to get them.

2012 is her next scheduled drydock as she just underwent one March 2009. Her last one was in 2006. For some reason she was skipped over for getting the balconies and the Waterworks upgrade.

Dave

You are talking about NEXT Oct. (2010) for a few short weeks and maybe a week or 2 in April of 2011:rolleyes:

Sorry.. but I have noticed they are blaming Carnival or whatever for a mistake remember they have to plan ahead.. they might have another plan for san diego.. they are building a new ship "magic" After they get magic in service maybe they switch ships or add more ships or whatever... i m sorry..

2012 is her next scheduled drydock as she just underwent one March 2009. Her last one was in 2006. For some reason she was skipped over for getting the balconies and the Waterworks upgrade.

Dave

Just gives us something else to look forward too. How about Serenity adults only area? That is also a good upgrade for the class. It quickly became my favorite spot onboard.

Sorry.. but I have noticed they are blaming Carnival or whatever for a mistake remember they have to plan ahead.. they might have another plan for san diego.. they are building a new ship "magic" After they get magic in service maybe they switch ships or add more ships or whatever... i m sorry..

You have to remember that CA just got a brand new ship with the Splendor. I highly doubt that Carnival is going to move it again for the Magic (nor do I think that Carnival will use Magic JUST for 5 day Cabo cruises). I truly think that we will only get the Paradise and Splendor year round with Spirit doing both Hawaiian and Cabo cruises in between. :o

I really do think it is bad for Mobile. They have had the oldest ship but have always sailed full. Now they will have a newer ship but not the newest upgrades. I really couldn't care less about the waterworks, just don't spend much time at the pool, but I think a lot of cruisers will care.

They are enlarging the turning basin in Mobile so maybe we will get another cruiseline. I had heard that RCCL wanted to put a ship here but the turning basin wasn't big enough.

I could careless about the waterworks too. I guess I feel good about a "newer" or should I say '"not so old" ship moving into Mobile. My goal is to just have a good time and I will do that anyway. However, it sure would be nice to only have to drive a short distance to get on a larger ship for a change. The drive to NOLA isn't bad though.

Just posted in one of the other threads but I think this stinks for West Coast cruisers. That only leaves Paradise for short getaways and the Catalina/Ensenada route holds zero appeal for me. And San Diego is such an easier port to get to and from.

Thumbs down from me on this move!

This is not a happy day for us West coasters. Zero cruises out of San Diego from May thru September. I'm booked on the Spirit next October for the 5 day cuz I absolutely love the Spirit. I was on Elation a few months ago and will be on her again in 29 days. San Diego is a far superior port to Los Angeles so maybe they will move the Paradise down to SD. LA port is aweful in my opinion.

You have to remember that CA just got a brand new ship with the Splendor. I highly doubt that Carnival is going to move it again for the Magic (nor do I think that Carnival will use Magic JUST for 5 day Cabo cruises). I truly think that we will only get the Paradise and Splendor year round with Spirit doing both Hawaiian and Cabo cruises in between. :o

Don't forget the Spirit also does the 8 day more southern Riviera itinerary also.........

San Diego is a far superior port to Los Angeles so maybe they will move the Paradise down to SD. LA port is aweful in my opinion.

They won't move the Paradise......that is their bread and butter cruise out of Long Beach.....it is all about location.......

Wow...Carnival loves shifting stuff around. Is there any chance that Mobile will get any of the larger ships? :confused:

They are enlarging the turning basin in Mobile Bay for commercial ships. I am not sure if it is enough, or in the right area for cruise ships. I sure hope so because it would be great to have a larger ship in Mobile.

My question is...........Booked the Fantasy out of Mobile in July 2010........Will the ship be there or in Charleston? I am not happy right now!!!!!

The Fantasy will be in Charleston. Your booking should be transferred to the Elation in the same cabin.

Dave

Magic would NEVER fit in NOLA.....they barely could get the onquest down that river.......it had to make sure sharp turns....lots of leaning thru the evenings.

Why wouldnt it? The Conquest is 952 feet with a 27' draft while the Magic should be 1002' with a 27' draft. Both have 116' beams.

The river at New Orleans is 1500' across so more than enough room to turn around. The majority of the river to the south is 500-750' wide.

Dave

Rumor is that they will announce Pamela Anderson is godmother of the DREAM and will be making the 1st 9 day cruise from Port Canaveral.:cool:

That reminds me. I can't believe that they haven't announced who the godmother will be. The Dream sails in only a few days!

Unfortunately people don't cruise the Splendor because of the questionable decor. I've heard and read numerous reviews that once was enough.. It may cause a continued issue with her being full. People who don't care for the ship aren't going to fly to do the Mex Riv on a ship they don't care for.

The Elation 2 day Cabo itinerary has been a hit and sales out. I think they are forcing us to take the Spendor in order to go to Cabo. I guess I will have to take advantge of RCCL for that now. ( they offer a shorter Cabo cruise in the fall)

I think the prices during the flu again were due to ports. If you are local you can only do Ensenada and Catalina so many times. It gets old fast. I admit though I jumped on one of those trips for $119 per person, but thats the only reason. The ONLY reason I will get on the Paradise ever again is for a rate under 150 per person. The itinerary is boring, so we go to eat and tan, so it would have to be really cheap.

I seriously doubt that people won't cruise on the Splendor because they don't like the decor. Pink polka dots aside, the Splendor is a great ship.

What in the heck are they thinking.. They just moved it to Mobile.. they should move the elation to Charleston. Stupid!

I agree with you also.

Sure glad we have booked her for a New Year cruise.

Don`t think we will be booking the Elation anytime soon.

This is a big disapointment to me to hear the Fanatsy will only be in Mobile for 6 months.:(

Our Son lives only an hour away from Mobile and we had plans to be on the Fantsy often... Oh well so much for those plans.:eek:

Archived