Elite and The Not

gonecruising

If you need one more credit to become Elite, and you are on a 14 night cruise, can you get the perks halfway through? :)

I'm in that category, and I'm told no. Next cruise we'll be able to get the free drink. But, my wife if Elite, so I get to be the tagalong. We're staying in the same stateroom. :)

Wynn's just sent me a really nice offer for October, which is my B'day month. If I were not leaving Nov 1st for Rome and the Equinox I tell you I'd be on the plane. :D

Are you doing the transatlantic on the 5th? If so keep the ship in good shape, I just booked the four day on the 19th with some leftover time share points.

Yes I am, and Yes I will. :D

Good for you....wait until you see her!!!

Cant wait, I had a whole bunch of points from our Time Share that were going to expire at the end of the year so we were able to use them. Almost a freeby....Hope the wife likes it as I would really like to do a European cruise next year...

WOW I didn't know that. Sorry I gave the wrong infomation on it. I know on RCCL it has to be completed cruises, as this happen to me and they flat out said no.

Please note I am not saying this is a def thing. I have read here that it has happened like fairy dust from time to time, that's all I "know". Your information is probably quite right to convey though.;)

Cant wait, I had a whole bunch of points from our Time Share that were going to expire at the end of the year so we were able to use them. Almost a freeby....Hope the wife likes it as I would really like to do a European cruise next year...

Don there is not too much not to like. Sounds like the price was right too.:D

To the OP, I think you can understand that if Celebrity stated in writing that Elites and upper suites could take advantage of Michaels Club along with their friends the venue would likely be overcrowded. I think by not stating it that they would have the ability to make exceptions on a case by case basis depending on the number of guests in Michaels on a given morning or evening.

As to the hours that Michaels is open for the Elite perks, I think it's just fine. I'm not sure I would use it that much in the morning but if we feel like being hobbits we'll stop by for a sparking wine or bloody mary and croissant for 2nd breakfast:).

I think for the evening (or late afternoon) it's a great time early cocktail hour(s) and saves us from using some of our limited in cabin sprits for that purpose . This also gives us a chance to enjoy regular cocktail hour for late seating with some of our best friends…the Club Niners in a venue of choice:cool:.

In a day when most cruise lines are cutting back on perks like this I think it's a bold step forward and one that is much overdue for Celebrity. I think based on the feedback it's having the intended effect but you'll never please everyone.

I think some of the complaining about these welcome additions to the Captains Club loyalty program is sort of like….

looking_gift_horse_in_mouth.jpg

Joel

Joel,

I hope I wasn't considered "complaining". In fact, I think I said that the laundry and internet hours were great compared to the what has ever been offered on =X=. Just not sure how much we will use the Michaels Club thing. Would rather have a pay drink with the niners before dinner :D and take our time getting ready for dinner.

I will say that everything is much better than previously offered. So no complaints. Only compliments and suggestions on making things better.

Joel,

I hope I wasn't considered "complaining". In fact, I think I said that the laundry and internet hours were great compared to the what has ever been offered on =X=. Just not sure how much we will use the Michaels Club thing. Would rather have a pay drink with the niners before dinner :D and take our time getting ready for dinner.

I will say that everything is much better than previously offered. So no complaints. Only compliments and suggestions on making things better.

George,

I wasn't referring to your posts or any posts specifically, it's more of a general statement when someone complains about something that is given to you for free. I thought your posts were more along the lines of suggestions or possible improvements and your feelings about added benefits as a whole are similar to my own.

To some 2 hours in Michael's Club is not long enough, 90 free Internet minutes to short and one free bag of laundry won't get all my stuff clean:rolleyes:.

I look at it as 2 hours of free drinks I might take advantage of, 90 minutes of Internet time I that will use and a bag of laundry I would have had to pay for, all saves me money and it's a great start with more to come.:)

Besides if I disagree with one of your posts I'll just reply with a picture of the other end of the horse! :p;)

Here's to having cocktails with the Niner's aboard Century in November and December, maybe a few in MC as well.:D

Joel

To the OP, I think you can understand that if Celebrity stated in writing that Elites and upper suites could take advantage of Michaels Club along with their friends the venue would likely be overcrowded. I think by not stating it that they would have the ability to make exceptions on a case by case basis depending on the number of guests in Michaels on a given morning or evening.

As to the hours that Michaels is open for the Elite perks, I think it's just fine. I'm not sure I would use it that much in the morning but if we feel like being hobbits we'll stop by for a sparking wine or bloody mary and croissant for 2nd breakfast:).

I think for the evening (or late afternoon) it's a great time early cocktail hour(s) and saves us from using some of our limited in cabin sprits for that purpose . This also gives us a chance to enjoy regular cocktail hour for late seating with some of our best friends…the Club Niners in a venue of choice:cool:.

In a day when most cruise lines are cutting back on perks like this I think it's a bold step forward and one that is much overdue for Celebrity. I think based on the feedback it's having the intended effect but you'll never please everyone.

I think some of the complaining about these welcome additions to the Captains Club loyalty program is sort of like….

looking_gift_horse_in_mouth.jpg

Joel

Since I am the donkey's you know what who complained about the benefits, I might want to point out that I have been very consistent about my beliefs. Since they were announced I have said I didn't think they were a big deal. Just giving my opinion and I stand by it....

Since I am the donkey's you know what who complained about the benefits, I might want to point out that I have been very consistent about my beliefs. Since they were announced I have said I didn't think they were a big deal. Just giving my opinion and I stand by it....

Don,

It's a step forward at a time most are stepping back, maybe not a big step but it's in the right direction.:)

Joel

My wife is very pleased with the laundry perks. She absolutely hates it when I string the clothes line out on the balcony. :)

My wife feels the same way that's why I string the clothes line across our neighbors balcony, it's usually larger.:p

Joel

I may too be labeled a complainer, but I have a different opinion of me, and mine's still the only one that counts.:D

A lot has been taken away over time, and I know I might be smacked down with here is what you say on one thread and now here is what you say on another, but for this topic and for this issue, IMHO these updates are a token gesture for the loyalty despite all the changes and reductions over time. To make them out to be more than a token offer of thanks....:o

I may too be labeled a complainer, but I have a different opinion of me, and mine's still the only one that counts.:D

A lot has been taken away over time, and I know I might be smacked down with here is what you say on one thread and now here is what you say on another, but for this topic and for this issue, IMHO these updates are a token gesture for the loyalty despite all the changes and reductions over time. To make them out to be more than a token offer of thanks....:o

Ok FC, you are officially labeled a complainer!:p;)

Now you need to explain how they could have taken away something from basically nothing the Captains Club offered . I will agree that between 2002 and 2003 some benefits were lost but they did offer the $ 50.00 we paid to be classic members back on a future cruise. I would have preferred they leave the benefits but such as it was.:o

After that I'll give you my opinion based on current per diems.

Joel

Ok FC, you are officially labeled a complainer!:p;)

Now you need to explain how they could have taken away something from basically nothing the Captains Club offered . I will agree that between 2002 and 2003 some benefits were lost but they did offer the $ 50.00 we paid to be classic members back on a future cruise. I would have preferred they leave the benefits but such as it was.:o

After that I'll give you my opinion based on current per diems.

Joel

No. I was referring to significant items that were once part of the Celebrity experience. Most of the easily recognizable examples pertain to food such as dining room service hours, classic buffets, waiters handling buffet trays right down to the tiny things like chocolates on the pillows and water pitchers.

Peripheral items pertain to electronic documentation that eliminated pre-printed luggage tags.

If you want to speak about perks specifically, CC members used to receive a gift for each member in the cabin. Now its just one.

These are just a few things that identify what has been taken away in recent years.

Archived