Tell me your favorite NCL food...

MMMD

[quote name='bakerintn']Pretzel rolls[/QUOTE] O M G I forgot about them...they are [I]SO[/I] darn good!
I love everything I've ever eaten at any of the specialty resturants but the one thing I absolutely love, especially on a long cruise when I need a break from eating 'nice' every night, is the wonton soup at Blue Lagoon :)

[quote name='alwalaska']Where do you get these?[/QUOTE]
The buffet

[quote name='gcdogwalker']How about those scones with the whipped cream and the most delicious jelly? Also the cold soups and the best pretzels....I could go on and on.[/quote]

Can anyone tell me more about these scones? Sounds yummy.

I'm going to need more than 4 days to try all this food.

[quote name='cruiseat50']So what did they say, did you get the ribs for an appetizer? If so which restaurant? I doubt we will go to the asian restaurant but would like to try the ribs. Are they spicy hot?[/quote]

They were more like a sweet and sour.....spicy/sweet....and so tender....I can't remember which other restaurant we went to, but we did con them into getting us the ribs.....

don't forget you should try them........

Macademia nut ice cream & trifle (order two) in the main dining room.

I don't know what it was called but it was a sort of chocolate mouse with chocolate shavings on top with a chocolate cookie? crust in the buffet.

Especially good when they've stopped serving lunch and all you can get are sandwiches and desserts late afternoon!

I have yet to see a pretzel roll, either. Someone said they were on a special table where they have the toaster. I'm going to look more closely next month on PofA.

How about the bouillabaise type soup in LeBistro? I want to try it. Anyone had it?

Lobster tacos in Salsa?

When my husband and I went on the Dawn 2 years ago, we had this... "thing" at Salsa that could only be described as meat and veggies cooked on a metal pike. It was a tower of hot metal onto which pineapples, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and beef were skewered. It was the most awesome deconstructed fajita we ever had!

Didn't read through all the pages of this thread, but I saw both my favorites listed. The chilled fruit soups (especially the banana/mango that has traditionally been served at lunch on embarkation day in the MDR) and the creme brule with the chocolate on the bottom. It's wonderful!

I'm not that hard to please. Most of the menu items were very good. I never had zucchini before, but at lunch we had breaded zucchini strips deep fried with marinara sauce on the side. I tried one and was hooked. Also, my favorite dessert on NCL ships was Key Lime Pie. The first cruise we were on had it for dinner one evening and then we spotted it on the buffet at the Midnight Buffet later that night. On my second cruise on NCL, I asked the waiter if they had Key Lime Pie. It wasn't on the menu. He brought me a dessert dish with three slices! I shared them with my tablemates. I have had Key Lime Pie since, but it has never been anywhere as good as the one on NCL.

All of you who love your chilled soups need to band together with me and mention it on any thread that involves food. I've seen a lot of posts that mention that soups, but they're not on the new menus that are being tried out on the Dawn in the MDR's.

The more NCL reads that they are truly among people's favorite foods, the better our chances of getting them back on the menus before they're introduced fleet wide (if they are).

One more comment about the chocolate genache creme brulee. My DS sailed with us on our recent Star cruise. She mentioned that was the only dessert she had the entire week that came anywhere close to Carnival's famous chocolate cake. NCL might do well at considering it as a "signature" dessert, seeing as how many people have mentioned it.

One more comment about the chocolate genache creme brulee. My DS sailed with us on our recent Star cruise. She mentioned that was the only dessert she had the entire week that came anywhere close to Carnival's famous chocolate cake. NCL might do well at considering it as a "signature" dessert, seeing as how many people have mentioned it.

I think that's a great idea ute. My super skinny, male friend, who NEVER eats desserts absolutely fell in love with the choc./creme brulee. He had two helpings which we were all amazed at and every day after he asked for it but it was only served once.:(

It is very good and worthy to be a signature dessert for sure. Are you there NCL? lol

I have sailed with NCL a few times, but didn't discover the pretzel rolls until the last day of the cruise. Boy, they are good and I never would have known from their appearance what they were. Somebody asked and they do NOT look like pretzels, but rather a brownish dinner roll with an area of white in them. They were delicious and I did eat two of them, so probably it was a good thing that I hadn't spotted them before. I think that NCL has some of the best breads of any cruise line.

My other favorite is the portobello mushroom with goat cheese that is served in the MDR at lunch.

As much as I like Cruise Critic I always leave more confused then when I got here, especially when it comes to peoples opinions about food, service and accomodations. Very subjective at the least. We have been on three different ships (this will be our 4th) and there are critics and advocates of all the lines. I am sure that the Star cruise is going to be terrific. Because, we will make it so. That is not to say that we haven't had challenges on each and every cruise we've been on.....so what! I can eat at Mcdonald's (dollar menu) or the $200.00 dollar meal (+tip) at the Hobbit in Orange, Ca. Anything in-between is great for us. We've eaten cheese and bread while hitchhiking(70s) through Europe (great cuisine!). So a sit down meal is a treat. I am looking forward to everything onboard.

Thoughts..

In the MDR

Cold soups..esp gazpacho and avacado/tomiltilo

creme bulee

NCL are you listening???? PLEASE put back on Dawn and consider if/when change to fleet wide Dawn menus..

I have a pretzel roll question - I'm trying to figure out what they look like so I can find them.

Are they rolls (like dinner rolls) made from pretzel dough - or are they soft pretzels that are somehow rolled up?

It depends.....I have seen pretzel bread sticks.....look like two parts of pretzel twisted around each other in a long stick and also have had round ones. The easiest way to find them is look for the salt!

Archived