FLL- Hotels close to port

perkyblue

I've got a list of several FLL hotels that have been recommended by people here on the boards (Hyatt Place, Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton, Renaissance, Embassy Suites) but I'm not sure which to choose. We're looking for a place very close to the port with restaurants nearby. We'll only be there the night before the cruise. Which would you choose?

From Hyatt Pier 66 you would have to walk across the SE17th Street bridge to restaurants. Hilton Marina is on the mainland side of the bridge but still a bit longer of a walk to restaurants than the others.

Renaissance, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, and Extended Stay America Convention Center are the closest to everything. All are on SE17th Street except Hyatt Place which is just a couple of blocks south.

we have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17trh in the past and it has worked out nicely. It is close to food and easy to get to and from...but this Dec we will be at the Hyatt Place since the rates are quite a bit lower and they provide a shuttle from the airport and to the pier

We stay at Embassy Suites for the location, the great shopping center right behind it, the really great free breakfast buffet, the easy ride to the pier. There is a Manager's Reception every night, I do not drink but everyone loves it. Hyatt Place is cheaper but there is no restaurant, it is a further walk to thye shopping center. We booked Embassy Suites on Hiltonfamilyvacations.com we payed $183 but it is January 2. Pier 66 is nice but even further away and there restaurant is pretty pricey. Haven't stayed at the others.

Though no shuttle service, I stayed at the Renaissance last April prior to my cruise. There was a free breakfast; short distances to restaurants and a Wallgreens right across the street.

While there is no shuttle service, when I was checking out, I asked the bell-man to call me a taxi. As it turned out, there was a shuttle van loading pax and I went along with them; it happened that we all were going to the same ship. It cost me a whopping $7.

Is Renaissance the only one with a free breakfast?

As I said in an earlier post..Embassy Suites has free breafast and it is not continental it is a huge buffet with eggs, omlettes waffles etc. made to order. Also free drinks in the evening at the Managers Reception Cab to the port was under $10, biggest perk the great shopping center right behind it. Also love the view of the ships from there.

Is Renaissance the only one with a free breakfast?

I'm not sure if the Renaissance currently has free breakfast, but they do have free coffee. I would suggest that you call to verify. Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Hyatt Place have free breakfast.

I have stayed there and there is nothing wrong with the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center's breakfast.

Have also stayed twice at Embassy Suites.

Big difference is at EBS you get a full breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon

to order, where as at HIEX is the usual rolls, cereals, and I think a waffle maker.

Great input here folks, thanks. I have not seen anyone answer the transportation questions. Which ones on 17th have transport to the hotels? Doesn't sound like any will take you to the port.

We stayed at Extended Stay two years ago, got in really late and didn't have the best experience.

the renaissance will only have free breakfast if you book a rate that includes it...and i am not even sure about the free coffee anymore....(marriott-the parent co. has REALLY cut back!)

and, IMO breakfast there is overpriced and lousy. i would go across the parking lot a shopping center or 2 to the Einstein Bros bagel place

and cabs are fairly cheap. just cab it from FLL to the hotel and then to the pier.....

shuttles are nice, but really, you're better off with cabs as YOU control when you go....if you use PL or HW you will save enough to cover the cab fare......

I thought I read somewhere that some of these hotels charge to park your vehicle overnight. Our cruise is a long way off, however next year I will be checking prices for the hotels near the port of FLL. We will drive down and spend the night before the cruise then drive to the pier. Does anyone know if they charge to park your vehicle for the night? Thanks.

Yes they do. However, they don't charge for the nights that you are actually staying at the hotel. Not all hotels have space or allow you to leave your car for a week or so. There are off site lots too not that far from the pier, which may be an economical option.

Bon Voyage

I thought I read somewhere that some of these hotels charge to park your vehicle overnight. Our cruise is a long way off, however next year I will be checking prices for the hotels near the port of FLL. We will drive down and spend the night before the cruise then drive to the pier. Does anyone know if they charge to park your vehicle for the night? Thanks.

The problem with that is those hotels that do that have open unsecure lots. If you value your car the safest place to leave it is in the covered parking garages at the port. Park 'n Fly and Park 'n Go are a couple of secure less expensive alternatives, but to me the savings isn't worth the hassle. It's so much easier to just walk out of the terminal into the parking garage and go.

Archived