Buffet Dress Code at Dinnertime?

poffles

Not questioning the dress code for the main dining room and appreciate the formal nights for those that want to participate, but for those that choose instead to eat in the buffet either during a typical night or during the formal dining night, what is the required dress code.

Are jeans and tshirts allowed?

Are shorts allowed?

I'm not asking about bathing suits or anything like that. I've read the dress code in the past but it didn't seem really clear to me for the buffet.

Not questioning the dress code for the main dining room and appreciate the formal nights for those that want to participate, but for those that choose instead to eat in the buffet either during a typical night or during the formal dining night, what is the required dress code.

Are jeans and tshirts allowed? YES & YES

Are shorts allowed?YES

I'm not asking about bathing suits or anything like that. I've read the dress code in the past but it didn't seem really clear to me for the buffet.

And, if you want you can even "dress up" and not a single person will make fun of you.

And, if you want you can even "dress up" and not a single person will make fun of you.

Yep, and we have done so on other cruiseslines when we weren't in the mood to eat in the main dining room because our set seating times.

On my last cruise. we saw good looking men in suits and lovely ladies in long dresses in the buffet along with guys in dockers and sport shirts and gals in sun dresses etc. There were shorts and jeans too. Thank you for asking! :)

There's no dress code for the buffet at any meal (24/7). The only restrictions are shoes and cover-up. In the evening, you'll see everything from "smart casual" to shorts and T-shirts.

If I go to the buffet in the evening (which I've done many times), I like to take my food outside rather than eat inside (weather permitting.) It's probably psychological but it's like having a nice dinner on your patio rather than eating in a buffet. Actually, if I'm doing the buffet, regardless of the meal, I like to eat outside. :)

Thanks everyone!! Now I'm excited as this was nagging at me. We will still pack something formal but now we know we have choice.

I've talked my parents into a panama cruise (paying for most of it for them) and my father is not a suit and tie person so this takes the pressure off him which will make him happy which in turn makes me happy.

:)

I saw a lady at the evening buffet in white bathrobe that Princess furnishes. Kind of spoiled my dinner.

I noticed this on Carnival, RCCL and most recently on Princess.

Passengers were wearing their bathrobes to the hot tub and stopping in the buffet for a bite or a snack for the deck.

I viewed it as huge cover-up. I have seen groups do pics on the stairs in robes

I saw a lady at the evening buffet in white bathrobe that Princess furnishes. Kind of spoiled my dinner.

Now that's taking "casual" a bit too far in my opinion!

One of the great things about the buffet is that if you don't feel like dressing up you don't have to. :)

The buffet, you can dress pretty much as you want on any night. True Princess cruise story. We cruised with a senior couple who had recently married. They used to cruise together with their first spouses, they were both widowed.. Every night dressed formal, and every night ate in the buffet.

They were just delightful, and the staff were wonderful with them. Everyone who ate around that time looked forward to seeing them. A cruise is not about how you dress but watching people have a wonderful time. And if by accident you can share in an special event like a senior wedding much better.

Don't you think that wearing a "bathrobe" is a bit tacky??

Ron

I also think shorts in the evening is a bit tacky too. Nobody could argue that it is too hot for long trousers in the air conditioning.

After all, you wouldn`t were shorts to a restaurant at home, or would you.:eek:

Don't you think that wearing a "bathrobe" is a bit tacky??

Ron

Seriously, only if they don't have anything underneath:eek:

If shorts get added to the tacky list, why not sleeveless tops (arms and legs) . All those body parts being exposed.

Low cut tops showing B00bage, blackless gowns.....wow all that nakedness :-))))))))))))))))))))

You are in A/C, so it's silliness because you are cold anyways.

When does it stop, when we are all wrapped in bathrobes hiding in our cabins?

I also think shorts in the evening is a bit tacky too. Nobody could argue that it is too hot for long trousers in the air conditioning.

After all, you wouldn`t were shorts to a restaurant at home, or would you.:eek:

Yeh, I could agree with that - shorts in any dining venue in the evening is a little tacky. But a robe is REAL tacky.

Ron

Here's another question...if you wear shorts and Ts to the buffet for dinner, do you have to change before you go to a show? This is one we always struggle with, but, in general, we wear shorts to the buffet if we're going to spend the evening on the upper, outside decks on the ship. If we're planning on going down to Deck 7 and taking in a show, we'll wear dockers or capris to the buffet. We have worn those same dockers and capris to the Princess Theater for a show on formal night, but we'll usually stay away from the dancing venues if we're dressed that way on formal night.

Of course, DH loves dressing up, and wearing his tux, so it's a rare night that we don't do the full formal thing. But he'll change from his tux to dockers if we're doing late night (11pm or later) entertainment on formal nights, and most of the other men seem to also.

Archived