My Fiance refuses to unpack his suitcase on the cruise! Anyone with same problem?

heatherandfred

I did want to mention that my folding/rolling hanging suitcase is too large for carryon. But for me, worth checking to save so much time after arrival.

Oh and, I don't hate men! I was married to five different ones, all of whom I remember fondly. Of course, I also say that the Good Lord has blessed me with a bad memory! Otherwise I'd be in bad shape!

It's just that, I didn't seem to have much luck being "Mrs." anybody, so I just had to go back to being, Me! ;>})

Sounds like cruise critic needs a man hater forum. This thread would be a perfect ice breaker.

I'm not a man hater, either!

Heck, I've been married to one for 38 years and that would never have happened if I hated the species ;)!

I do think, however, that waiting on my man hand and foot would diminish him and infantalise him. I prefer my man to act like a capable and responsible adult.

You are right, of course, but you are assuming that fear is always logical and/or rational, which it is not. People's fears can seem hypocritical ... until you realize that the root of the fear isn't what seems obvious. If illogical solutions help them feel more comfortable in the world, so be it.

Indeed fear is certainly not logical, but rather irrational. I was being satirical in my comment about the buffet. It is everyone's right to be irrational. I am sure the providers of these "germ killing" products appreciate the irrational. I love to watch these pax at the buffet (personal humor here).

Wow, never expected the responses I received..LOL. I know that he won't change, but when the room is small and there may not be enough room to store our suitcases, consideration should come first. What is so weird, is that I just thought about it, I had an ex BF who did the same thing.

DF actually told me that "nobody in his family" unpacks their clothes and puts them in the drawers in hotels and what not. I just said "okay." It's not my intent to harangue him about it.

I can say that he is definitely not a slob. Harsh statement to make if you don't live with him. I'm not making a huge deal out of this people, just putting something out there for other opinions. It is not major to me and this is a very minute thing, something that I can live with. It's just that this will be our third trip on a cruise together and didn't know about this. That's all. Our relationship is very solid and I don't quibble over the little things.

I can say that he is definitely not a slob. Harsh statement to make if you don't live with him. I'm not making a huge deal out of this people, just putting something out there for other opinions. It is not major to me and this is a very minute thing, something that I can live with. It's just that this will be our third trip on a cruise together and didn't know about this. That's all. Our relationship is very solid and I don't quibble over the little things.

That's one of the best things about these boards - take what you want leave the rest.

Cape Cod, I agree.

I'm still laughing about the "man hater" thread. I'm sure most of the women don't "hate" men on this board, if they did, they wouldn't be married to them.

Ahhhh..CC...take it or leave it. So glad I'm not a newbie..lol.

That one left me shaking my head!

Yes. He leaves his clothes in his suitcase for the duration of the trip. I usually wind up dragging his clothes out and hanging them up, because I'm so tired of tripping on the suitcase whenever he pulls it out.

Is this normal? He tells me that he doesn't like to take the clothes out and put them in the drawers because they're "unclean." Um...I carry a can of Lysol with me always. :rolleyes:

Yep. My hubby always just lives out of his suitcase. Drives me nuts too. I unpack and get all the storage space. I do have a dedicated "spot" for dirty clothes and he is pretty good about that, but otherwise, he just keeps his suitcase/dufflebag in the corner. Loved this last Princess cruise since they have those nice big closets. Made it much easier to work around his bag. He does hang his dress clothes though. I just have to deal with it and it is becoming less of an issue the longer we are married.

Sounds like cruise critic needs a man hater forum. This thread would be a perfect ice breaker.

That is a weird,, "man hater" .. um,, 99% of post supported letting man do what he wants,, and a few of us ladies agreed we do the same thing..

Your comment make me wonder how many marriages you have gone through that you see "hate" where they was none?

That is a weird,, "man hater" .. um,, 99% of post supported letting man do what he wants,, and a few of us ladies agreed we do the same thing..

Your comment make me wonder how many marriages you have gone through that you see "hate" where they was none?

You're right most posts are positive. I should have clarified I was joking based on a couple posts. To answer your question I've only been married once. Our 2nd anniv is this weekend. I concede that a lot could actually be learned about marriage and compromise in this thread. even as a 'newbie' as one poster dismissed me as. :)

I drive my wife crazy, as soon as the suitcases are delivered, everthing is unpacked. I was so proud of myself on our last cruise on the Grandeur out of Baltimore, I had everything hung up and put away and the suitcases under the bed before the muster drill started.

I drive my wife crazy, as soon as the suitcases are delivered, everthing is unpacked. I was so proud of myself on our last cruise on the Grandeur out of Baltimore, I had everything hung up and put away and the suitcases under the bed before the muster drill started.

We share the chore and it's done in mere minutes whether the bags come before or after muster. It's so much easier to not have to search your bag every time you get ready to leave the cabin.

Same with repacking the bags for the trip home. We don't leave our clothes in a heap or basket, we hang them up after wearing, the get repacked the same way they came. When we get home, the cases are emptied (we don't overpack so we don't have to seperate clean/dirty very often), sorted and laundry started within minutes of arriving home.

I sometimes read where people don't unpack for days after they get home...that would drive us batty. Plus the fact we need clean clothes to wear.

my ex...when we first got married, he was trying to be nice (or he knew exactly what he was doing) took our laundry down to the laundromat to wash it. it was our first apartment and we didn't have a washer and dryer. He took several loads to do while I was at work one evening.

I came home to find all of the laundry washed, dried, folded and ruined!

He did not bother to sort them properly, and clothes that should have been dry cleaned were washed etc. I went berserk and told him "NEVER EVER TOUCH THE LAUNDRY AGAIN!!!"

That was a huge mistake. For nearly 15 years, he never touched the laundry again!

Now, I'm happily married...and if dh wants to do the laundry, more power to him. if something gets ruined, i'll buy something new.

you set the tone for the rest of your lives! If you become "Mom" you'll always be a mom. Let him live out of his suitcases. Just ask him to please slide them under the bed when he's finished getting his clothes out of them. i think it's laziness...i don't know of any man that would be concerned about germs in a drawer...especially knowing how many people lack the basic skill of washing their hands after using the restroom.

so, if it is laziness, don't you do it, and let him know it is unacceptable to leave it in the middle of the floor. remind him how much more wrinkled his clothing will be...BUT DO NOT IRON THEM!

Archived