Which Balcony Floor Do You Prefer on Freedom-Class?

schmenge

We prefer something around deck 7 or 8.

It's a couple of flights down to the Promenade.

It's a couple of flights up to the Windjammer and Pool Deck.

If it's too many flights up to the pool deck then I wind up using the elevators --- easy to find excuses to take five flights of stairs!

And key for us is burning a lot of calories by using those stairs! Makes dessert a much happier proposition! ;)

We were the floor above the Promenade (I'm blanking if it's 6 or 7!) on Liberty and found it to be perfect. We always take the stairs, so it was great to get up to the pool and the WJ, and fine for getting to the Promenade and the MDR. It was great to be right in the middle.

We've booked rooms all over the ships. Deck 9 is indeed nice because of the relative quiet and ease of getting around.

Although we've booked plenty of hump and aft staterooms, the times we had to "settle" for a forward room, I found it surprisingly handy to be so near the 3 places on the ship where I wear the types of clothes I will want to be changing out of: the spa, the fitness center, and the solarium. It was only a few steps from that massage or that workout or swim to the stateroom for a hot shower and fresh clothes. Also those forward rooms are handy for a quick scoot out onto the helipad for sailing into port and other photo ops.

Leslie

I always debate which floor to pursue for an outside balcony. (Try to be closer to the pool deck/Windjammer, or try to be closer to the dining room/promenade/shows). What is your preference and why?

Thanks.

I love deck 10 because it's just one flight up to the pools or the buffet, and it means you don't need to wait for the elevator. I wouldn't choose anything directly below the pool (possibility of excessive noise). 10th floor corner aft balcony is absolutely the best of the best!

I think I'd like to be on the 6th deck. That'd be closer to the water, which I think would be nice.

Our next cruise is going to be in two 9th floor balconies, which we chose simply because they were the best available connecting balconies.

I would NOT choose a room to be close to the dining room or the shows. I don't see walking to get to those places as problematic at all -- on the other hand, we are always popping up and down from the pool or the buffet.

We will be in 2 connecting 9th floor forward balconies and i was concerned about possible movement of the ship. Ther're pretty close to the front of the ship. Can anyone tell me whats on deck 10 all the way in the front; is that the bridge? just wondering what kind of noise to expect right below it.

If we had our choice we would pick deck 7. Right in the middle! love being close to the promenade and the pool. Taking the stairs in either direction was fine. We had deck nine last time and found we went to the promenade a lot. The stairs did get old after awhile.

Once again we are on deck nine all the way aft! Lots of walking and stairs so I am hoping there will be no weight gain:) We wanted the balcony connecting to the inside cabin...deck nine aft for us:)

Archived