New to Oceania

mommas

Our "impression" was more like 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Terrace proper, and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. right outside the Terrace at the "poolside grill".

That is probably because dinner starts at 6pm, so, as the afternoon wears on, people are more likely to look for something lighter like a burger or iced cream.

Our "impression" was more like 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Terrace proper, and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. right outside the Terrace at the "poolside grill".

Oceania Currents

On our cruise in 2008 it is listed 12-3pm in The Terrace and dinner started at 6:30pm in all venues

I think they have extended it for late arrivals

Did not recall WAVES open on embarkation day.

From Oceania website

A lunch buffet is served from 11:30AM to 5:00PM.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=Shipboard%20Services

Did not recall WAVES open on embarkation day

Lyn-

Waves was not open at embarkation in the Caribbean, but we find that it is open in Europe (so far, we can speak for Stockholm, Barcelona and Athens).

The pool bar was open as soon as we got on in Athens, too, which was also not true in Miami.

Lyn-

Waves was not open at embarkation in the Caribbean, but we find that it is open in Europe (so far, we can speak for Stockholm, Barcelona and Athens).

The pool bar was open as soon as we got on in Athens, too, which was also not true in Miami.

Thanks for the tidbit

I am sure it depends on the Port of Embarkation.

Overseas embarkations probably have different requirements

Good to know it may be open when we go to Europe next year.

In any case we will not go hungry:D

Lyn

No matter what deck number I mention, it's going to be wrong
Rickey-

Perhaps this will help you remember:

The Terrace is on the pool deck (Deck 9), which is above the penthouse Deck (Deck 8), so simply remember that the Terrace restaurant (are you sitting down?) is ((where you)) OVER EIGHT.

e2y4l38s.jpg

And Everyone knows that if you don't care to eat on the ship, you can always (here it comes agaiin!)

get it?

Rickey-

The Terrace is on the pool deck (Deck 9), which is above the penthouse Deck (Deck 8), so simply remember that the Terrace restaurant (are you sitting down?) is ((where you)) OVER EIGHT.

e2y4l38s.jpg

And Everyone knows that if you don't care to eat on the ship, you can always (here it comes agaiin!)

get it?

Groan -- Grrrrr -- ROFLMAO

I thought at first it was Doris Day, but that didn't pun out.

Rickey-

e2y4l38s.jpg

get it?

I already told you that my head hurts!! Please don't do anything to make it worse!!!

I have attempted to correct people on the ship's elevators in not using terms such as "Fifth Floor". Once, in going to Reception, I announced to the group - "Deck 4"....

One lady replied, "Deck for 'What' ?" :eek:

I have attempted to correct people on the ship's elevators in not using terms such as "Fifth Floor". Once, in going to Reception, I announced to the group - "Deck 4"....

One lady replied, "Deck for 'What' ?" :eek:

Surely that could not have possibly happened on O - must have been on Carnival.:eek:

After all, aren't all O cruisers quite sophisticated (by default)? ;)

Are there any changes in dining times when the ship leaves its embarkation port later in the evening? On our upcoming transAtlantic, the Regatta is not scheduled to depart Barcelona until 8:00 pm. According to Oceania website FAQ, pax must be on-board at least 1 hour before sailing, which theoretically could be as late as 7:00 pm. Would all venues be open for dinner at the usual times? When would muster drill be scheduled - later that evening or the following morning? I'm sure all will be known once my docs arrive, but in the meantime, I'm curious.

Are there any changes in dining times when the ship leaves its embarkation port later in the evening? On our upcoming transAtlantic, the Regatta is not scheduled to depart Barcelona until 8:00 pm. According to Oceania website FAQ, pax must be on-board at least 1 hour before sailing, which theoretically could be as late as 7:00 pm. Would all venues be open for dinner at the usual times? When would muster drill be scheduled - later that evening or the following morning? I'm sure all will be known once my docs arrive, but in the meantime, I'm curious.

We sailed from Athens on Nautica on June 5 at 8 PM. The muster drill was at 5:15 PM and the dining rooms opened at 6:30 PM.

Last year we left our baggage and went back to wander in Barcelona. When we reboarded the ship, the muster drill had been done and there was no make-up later as there had been in the past for those who missed it. I think we left port at 8 pm.

Mo

That's not allowed, is it? Even B2Bers have to attend both of the muster drills?!?

That's not allowed, is it? Even B2Bers have to attend both of the muster drills?!?

I did not think so either ...We left LA at midnight & those that had missed the drill at 5:15 were called in the morning to attend.

We have done several B2B's ..we have to attend both drills

Lyn

So, how do we get to our inside cabin on deck 13?

As Hondorner suggests, close your eyes and wish really hard,

then,

Phone the bridge and ask the captain to sound the ship's whistle for a really long time. In other words.....

[ATTACH]133882[/ATTACH]

(Just in case: "Lena Horne")

:D (I'll go quietly)

Archived