September 25-30, 2009 5 Night Mexican Riviera RT San Diego to Cabo Photos

Beautiful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I sail on her Nov. 7. Do you think 5 days is enough or should I book a b2b? Would love to hear more about your trip as you have time. This is my 7th RCI cruise, but first Radiance class ship. How were the shows? Any favorite bartenders?

Marie

We had a great time on The Radiance of the Seas and I will get to the photo labels soon. For those interested I hope you enjoy. The link is below in sig.

Happy cruising,

Mike

Thank you for posting your pictures! I'm looking forward to reading your review (if you write one). Did they serve lobster in the MDR?

I was on Radiance too this last week! Can't wait to view photos from poster. To answer a few, yes, we had lobster in the MDR--it was a great variety of yummy foods all week. My favorite batender was James in the solarium bar--he poured a nice cocktail. The piano bar guy was awesome--too tired, can't remember his name right now--I will try to write up a bit more. Yes--the disembark was a headache a little--I felt more badly for those waiting to get on--I am sure they were way delayed too. I heard it was a surprise visit from the Coast Guard - Kirk the cruise director had made an announcement to that effect. More later...

Traci

PS-I missed the meet & mingle & slot pull...I hope you all had fun and I am SAD I missed.

I was on Radiance too this last week! Can't wait to view photos from poster. To answer a few, yes, we had lobster in the MDR--it was a great variety of yummy foods all week. My favorite batender was James in the solarium bar--he poured a nice cocktail. The piano bar guy was awesome--too tired, can't remember his name right now--I will try to write up a bit more. Yes--the disembark was a headache a little--I felt more badly for those waiting to get on--I am sure they were way delayed too. I heard it was a surprise visit from the Coast Guard - Kirk the cruise director had made an announcement to that effect. More later...

Traci

PS-I missed the meet & mingle & slot pull...I hope you all had fun and I am SAD I missed.

Thank you. I have more questions but I will wait to see if you answer them after you get some rest. I think I will pay James a visit. :D

OP - Loved your photos. Now I'm even more excited for my turn on Radiance.

Hi all, yes the lobster was very good and a friend of mine liked it so much he had 5. That is pushing for me because I like to try a little of everything. The lobby or centrum bar was great and it was nice to watch the people dancing and having a good time and the bartenders were very nice. The Schooner bar had some nice bartenders too. As far as the b2b on this cruise, I probably would not even though as I was disembarking and watching people getting dropped off to board I wanted to. Since I stayed on ship in Encenada having been there many times like most of you and having such a good time on the beach and jet skiing in Cabo it would be too soon to revisit that experience. I was there (Cabo) almost a year ago and that was a nice amount of time to go back. In addition, I am going on the Equinox in Decemeber so I have that to look forward to. I may write a short review but I like the longer cruises to do that. I will be writing one after the 10 night Celebrity cruise for sure. Radiance was great and the food was better than Monarch and Explorer in my opinion. The dining room staff was superb. I remember being in Cabo in November and the weather was around 90-95.

Mike

Hi all, yes the lobster was very good and a friend of mine liked it so much he had 5. That is pushing for me because I like to try a little of everything. The lobby or centrum bar was great and it was nice to watch the people dancing and having a good time and the bartenders were very nice. The Schooner bar had some nice bartenders too. As far as the b2b on this cruise, I probably would not even though as I was disembarking and watching people getting dropped off to board I wanted to. Since I stayed on ship in Encenada having been there many times like most of you and having such a good time on the beach and jet skiing in Cabo it would be too soon to revisit that experience. I was there (Cabo) almost a year ago and that was a nice amount of time to go back. In addition, I am going on the Equinox in Decemeber so I have that to look forward to. I may write a short review but I like the longer cruises to do that. I will be writing one after the 10 night Celebrity cruise for sure. Radiance was great and the food was better than Monarch and Explorer in my opinion. The dining room staff was superb. I remember being in Cabo in November and the weather was around 90-95.

Mike

Hello! Do you remember which night lobster was served? I'm wanting to book Chops or Portofino but I've been waiting to book because I know my friends will want to try the lobster. Thanks again.

We had a great time on The Radiance of the Seas and I will get to the photo labels soon. For those interested I hope you enjoy. The link is below in sig.

Happy cruising,

Mike

Mike- forgive me, but i cant find where to click to view your lovely photos!

Red

I know, that was not too clear on my part but the link is below in my signature as listed above. I always love looking at peoples photos too as it really helps in preparing for a cruise. Weather, clothes, staterooms, laundry, safes, ideas, demographics, menu's etc.

Mike

Hi Mike

Can you tell me what night was lobster night? Also, how was the weather on Sea Days? I did a cruise out of LA in May and it was slightly chilly! Glad to hear you had a great time. I'm so pumped for this cruise. Looking forward to seeing San Diego for the first time, the cruise and then Las Vegas for a few days!!!

Mike,

I found them!! wow they are wonderful, Nice shoes BTW..... thank you for taking the time to post those photos! may i ask where you were when you were laying out by the beach on those neat bed looking loungers? thats my idea of a good time, and the jetskis looked good too!!

and you photograph very well.

The lounge chairs were on Lovers beach in Cabo. There are two sections of the beach that have those. They are offiliated with the jet skiing etc. I think if you just sit down in that area, it might be 2 or 3 dollars per person. In addition, the beach peddlers are now roped off out of the immediate area but can still sell around you. I would sit more in the middle section if you go.

We had a set time with our own table (3 people) for early seating. It seemed to me like the anytime diners were seated up stairs because tables would fill up at different times. We were on deck 4 in Cascades.

Mike

Archived