Quick help with an upgrade on Crown

Erinchita

Hi all,

I am on the Crown on the 11/28 sailing - Western Caribbean. I'm a rookie cruise so I need abit of help. Just logged into the CP and noticed we've been upgraded. We were in C737 (KK) before and were told we had a good location, and now we are in A720 (JJ). The location is similar but the deck is different. Is the Aloha deck more desirable than the Caribe?

I really have little idea what all this means. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

For me it depends on what I'll be doing on the ship. If it is a hot weather cruise then the higher cabin might be desirable because you might be spending more time at the pools. If it is a port intensive itinerary then I prefer a cabin lower down so I don't have as far to walk up to get to my cabin when I get back from shore.

Most inside cabins are exactly the same in set up and size. Your new location is still aft, which is very convenient to the aft elevators. You are two decks higher which means you are only two floors below the buffet which will make a quick trip for you :)

If you go up one floor to Riviera and go to the back of the ship you will find a door to the adult pool which is a very nice area.

Looking at the deck plans, your new room is also closer to a laundry room which is very helpful on a Caribbean cruise. The laundry rooms have a big sink to wash out snorkeling equipment, waters shoes, bathing suits, etc. I always do a few loads of laundry so when choosing a cabin, I look for proximity to the laundry rooms.

Have a nice cruise!

Better is in the mind of the beholder.

Princess considers (and prices accordingly) higher decks to be a better location than lower decks and center of a deck to be better than fore or aft.

Passengers may have a different opinion. For example, someone who is sensitive to motion may prefer a lower deck. Someone who uses the buffet a lot may prefer a higher deck that is closer to the buffet.

With some minor exceptions, the inside of all cabins in a class will be the same. For example, an inside cabin on deck 5 will be the same as an inside cabin on deck 15. An outside (window view) cabin on deck 5 will be the same as the same type cabin on a higher deck.

The balcony part of balcony cabins will differ by deck (some fully covered, some partially covered) and location on a deck. Some balconies are bigger than others.

Archived