New reg. ID match with ticket info?

Arwenmark

Can anyone direct me to the official place that these new regulations regarding your ID matching exactly the name on your tickets, also including your gender and Date of Birth?

I cannot find it anywhere and my TA is telling me none of it is necessary.

I don't believe them. I would like to send them the actual information.

Thank you.

Can anyone direct me to the official place that these new regulations regarding your ID matching exactly the name on your tickets, also including your gender and Date of Birth?

Thank you.

Sorry, but your TA is an idiot and you need a new one.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/index.shtm

Airlines also have this on their webpages:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,53067,00.html

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/online_reservations/about_reservations/secure_flight/index.jsp

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/utility/secureFlight.jsp

Think this is enough to convince her?

Depending on the airline you are flying and the date you are flying, it may not be needed YET. The program is being phased in and several airlines, but not all, have started collecting the information. Implementation is on an airline by airline basis as their systems are able to take the information (not just one place to go and enter the information--must be done with each airline and can be done through their websites). If you are flying an airline that has started collecting the information you will need to enter the information (through their website or by calling reservations), but if the airline you are flying is not collecting the information yet there will not be any place to enter the information (one airline I know is not collecting it yet is US Airways--I fly them almost every week and they still have not phased it in).

Important information about the TSA Secure Flight Program

On August 15, the Travel Security Administration (TSA) began phasing in a program to require your customers provide their full name, date of birth and gender when purchasing an airline ticket. Their goal is to be fully implemented in early 2010 for all domestic flights and the end of 2010 for all international flights.

Although this program is receiving a lot of publicity, it is important to know that it is a phased process and each airline will incorporate changes into their systems over the coming months as their capability to capture passenger data is integrated into their individual systems.

TSA Privacy Notice: The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TSA Web site

Thank you.

So is your TA wrong after reading this info?

O.k. I have one for you that is driving me and could drive the airlines crazy...

My name on my passport is Deborah and my Driver's lic. has Debbie

Will this be a problem?

That could be a problem...call the airline and see if they will note that in the PNR.

That could be a problem...call the airline and see if they will note that in the PNR.

I believe this poster was joking. Why in the world would an airline care if your passport name matched the one on your driver's license? Do you often show both forms of ID to get through security?

Secure Flight wants your ticket name to match the name on the government issued id that you are using to get through security! It does not require that the name on your library card match your driver's license!

I believe this poster was joking. Why in the world would an airline care if your passport name matched the one on your driver's license? Do you often show both forms of ID to get through security?

Secure Flight wants your ticket name to match the name on the government issued id that you are using to get through security! It does not require that the name on your library card match your driver's license!

If they do check both, they do need to match. Doesn't happen often, but I have had clients over the years that have had problems arise....never hurts to be sure.

My renewed passport came back with my maiden name not included but my middle name shown. I haven't used my middle name since I got married a very long time ago.

My driver's license lists my maiden name and no middle name.

How many women are in this situation?

My renewed passport came back with my maiden name not included but my middle name shown. I haven't used my middle name since I got married a very long time ago.

My driver's license lists my maiden name and no middle name.

How many women are in this situation?

I assume your correct legal name is first, middle, last. Therefore, your passport has your correct name, unless you legally changed it to use your maiden name as your middle name.

This is not a problem; if you purchase your ticket under the name on your passport, just use your passport for your travel I.D.

Your passport and driver's license do not need to match. Again, just use your passport as your travel I.D.

I assume your correct legal name is first, middle, last. Therefore, your passport has your correct name, unless you legally changed it to use your maiden name as your middle name.

This is not a problem; if you purchase your ticket under the name on your passport, just use your passport for your travel I.D.

Your passport and driver's license do not need to match. Again, just use your passport as your travel I.D.

That means I will have to use my passport on domestic flights. One more dtail of life to remember.

O.k. I have one for you that is driving me and could drive the airlines crazy...

My name on my passport is Deborah and my Driver's lic. has Debbie

Will this be a problem?

In the future, it only will be a problem if you book air tix using Deborah and then present your DL as ID, or book air tix using Debbie and present your passport as ID.

When my DL came up for renewal recently, I took my passport with me to have the middle initial on my DL changed to full middle name, just like on my passport. So, when I book air, I no longer have to think about which ID I plan to use, as the names of both items are identical.

Thank you.

Obviously not - and not an "idiot" either. The regs are being phased in as the airlines modify their systems to allow the proper recording of this information.

O.k., how about incredibly uniformed and unprofessional. IMO, it is inexcusable for a TA to tell a client that there are no new regulations that require the name on your ticket to match that on your government issued I.D.

No question was asked about airline's current progress in modifying their systems, just a request for the official regulation.

OP - did you ever get back to your TA about this? What do they have to say now?

Archived