charging for cupcakes on Oasis?

Hi

i have been reading the board and can not eleive that they want to charge

for a cupcake?

a dognut is free but you have to pay for a cupcake?

that makes no sense what so ever?

how much for a cupcake?

also what does johnny rockets serve for breakfast?

Hi

for a cupcake?

how much for a cupcake?

Thus far, the price for cupcakes has not been released. I also have not yet seen a menu for breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

The cupcakes are my biggest complaint and I think most agree. I know It will be on our end of cruise survey in January. For the Johnny Rockets breakfast they were originally going to charge for it so it has to differ from the Main Dinning Room and Windjammer. It could be diner food but I don't think that would differ enough to of considered charging. I hope it is more like Burger King or McDonald's type breakfast sandwiches. There currently is nowhere to go to get a good breakfast sandwich to go onboard. It's just not easy to take a plate of scrambled eggs to the top deck to watch the sunrise.

Hi

for a cupcake?

how much for a cupcake?

Not sure I would want to eat a DOGNUT, thus why they might be free. :D;)

It is unbelievable that you are planning your complaints before you have even taken your cruise. What is wrong with you, surely you can accept that such extras should be charged for. Cruise lines already have to cater for various dining options, and a meal will be ready in both the MDR and WJ. so who can blame them for charging extra as you may stuff your face with cupcakes and then not even go to MDR or WJ. They can easily include everything, and charge you an extra $100 for your cruise, and then you would complain that you are paying extra for someone that wants free cupcakes. No pleasing some people.

The cupcakes are my biggest complaint and I think most agree. I know It will be on our end of cruise survey in January. For the Johnny Rockets breakfast they were originally going to charge for it so it has to differ from the Main Dinning Room and Windjammer. It could be diner food but I don't think that would differ enough to of considered charging. I hope it is more like Burger King or McDonald's type breakfast sandwiches. There currently is nowhere to go to get a good breakfast sandwich to go onboard. It's just not easy to take a plate of scrambled eggs to the top deck to watch the sunrise.

Hi

i have the right to voice my thoughts.

i am not complaining about the oasis just sharing my thoughts.

called "conversation"

if you read the post you will see others agree with my thoughts.

it is called tacky to charge for a cupcake.

yes in stead of nicke and diming people charge $100 more.

People share thoughts and beleive me things do change as the crusie line

values other thoughts, as the passengers have choices which line to sail on.

i think you need a cupcake today

If you've seen pictures of these cupcakes, they are really beautiful. Some are made to look like things like a tea cup, etc. and are beautifully decorated. I'm sure that takes someone quite a bit of time to make just one. They will be doing classes on decorating them too, which again, I'm sure there will be a charge for that too. Whatever, you're on a cruise!

These will not be your standard cupcakes... There are stores around the DC area that sell nothing but cupcakes, and will charge upwards of $6-$10 for a single cupcake! These are the types of cupcakes that Oasis will have. They will be more then likely be larger then the std cupcake, probably be decorated very nicely, have a filling of some sort, and top notch iceing. But, like many have said on here, we will find out when she sails. If they charge too much, you dont have to get one, there are plenty of other great deserts for free in the WJ or MDR.

6926_164523836396_103249601396_4090564_6134252_n.jpg.fae5148bbaf379b1d68eaaf28ac22974.jpg

I would much rather pay for things I am interested in a la carte than pay extra in my cruise fee for things I am not going to use.

It's no different than charging for Ben and Jerrys or Johnny Rockets if you want ice cream or onion rings. If you dont want it dont pay.

Now charging an extra $3.95 for room service between the hours of 12-5AM. IMO that's tacky.

Not that I would have a cupcake but it does seem extremely cheap for RCI to charge for cupcakes.

Im sure what ever is going to be served for breakfast in JR will be loaded with grease.

But we all know that if the breakfast is/was free, you would be the first in line.:rolleyes:

I would much rather pay for things I am interested in a la carte than pay extra in my cruise fee for things I am not going to use.

It's no different than charging for Ben and Jerrys or Johnny Rockets if you want ice cream or onion rings. If you dont want it dont pay.

Now charging an extra $3.95 for room service between the hours of 12-5AM. IMO that's tacky.

I agree. Let me choose to pay for the things that I want. I don't want to pay for what someone else may want in their cruise.

I don't have an issue with the surcharge in JR's. Keeps the crowds down and the kids out.

Gourmet cupcakes are all the rage in the big cities, starting in LA when Barbara Streisand mentioned "Sprinkles" being her favortie cupcake place and all of a sudden, the line to get "Sprinkles" cupcakes wrapped around the block! I've treated myself to a "Sprinkles" cupcake a couple of times and I tell you, they are well worth the caloric and monetary splurge.

I have bought gourmet cupcakes in Las Vegas, NY, LA, SF and most recently, from a guy in an Airstream trailer in Austin, TX.

Could it be the cupcakes onboard the Oasis will be provided by an RCI vendor?

Gourmet cupcakes are all the rage in the big cities, starting in LA when Barbara Streisand mentioned "Sprinkles" being her favortie cupcake place and all of a sudden, the line to get "Sprinkles" cupcakes wrapped around the block! I've treated myself to a "Sprinkles" cupcake a couple of times and I tell you, they are well worth the caloric and monetary splurge.

I have bought gourmet cupcakes in Las Vegas, NY, LA, SF and most recently, from a guy in an Airstream trailer in Austin, TX.

Could it be the cupcakes onboard the Oasis will be provided by an RCI vendor?

I live in NYC, so we have Crumbs and Magnolia as the big chains here. Both expect you to spend $3-$6 dollars for a large cupcake, so I dont see why RCCL would be any different. That cupcake cone looks delish to me!

I live in NYC, so we have Crumbs and Magnolia as the big chains here. Both expect you to spend $3-$6 dollars for a large cupcake, so I dont see why RCCL would be any different. That cupcake cone looks delish to me!

Yes, Crumbs! Came across one in the Village. Delishousness!!!!! For those not familiar with the cupcake phenomena, visit their websites ... the Sprinkles one makes you want to jump on a plane, fly to LA, and stand in line for anything chocolate. WELL ... at least it does me. ;)

Yes, Crumbs! Came across one in the Village. Delishousness!!!!! For those not familiar with the cupcake phenomena, visit their websites ... the Sprinkles one makes you want to jump on a plane, fly to LA, and stand in line for anything chocolate. WELL ... at least it does me. ;)

Mmmm. Sprinkles. :D

I can't wait to try one of these fancy cupcakes!! I've seen them around the area, they've been reviewed in the Food Sections, and they've been on the Food Network ... in fact, they just aired a cupcake competition a few days ago.

I figure if I walk around the ship while eating one, the calories will balance out!

(anyone else remember the PRE-COMPLAINER from a few years back?) :D

It is unbelievable that you are planning your complaints before you have even taken your cruise. What is wrong with you, surely you can accept that such extras should be charged for. Cruise lines already have to cater for various dining options, and a meal will be ready in both the MDR and WJ. so who can blame them for charging extra as you may stuff your face with cupcakes and then not even go to MDR or WJ. They can easily include everything, and charge you an extra $100 for your cruise, and then you would complain that you are paying extra for someone that wants free cupcakes. No pleasing some people.

:D:D Are you then complaining about people complaining??:D:D

Maybe its to cut down on some unsupervised kids getting them and wiping icing and smooshed cupcakes all over.

There is a cupcake only bakery in Chicago by the new LaQuinta by the Sears tower. OMG we got one free in our room for being elite members and it was so good. I swear there was crack in them as I craved more for days.

Archived