electrical outlets on Radiance

minidog

Was wondering if anyone would recommend bringing a power strip on board for additional outlets? I know I am bringing my own hair dryer, I -pod docking station, and straightening iron and don't know how many outlets there are in our room? Are the outlets 2 prong or 3?

Was wondering if anyone would recommend bringing a power strip on board for additional outlets? I know I am bringing my own hair dryer, I -pod docking station, and straightening iron and don't know how many outlets there are in our room? Are the outlets 2 prong or 3?

I can not remember if they are two prong or three prong? but there are only two on the desk. That is all there is in the main cabin.

There is one in the bathroom, for Razors only, over the top of the vanity. ;)

As for a power strip, I have never used one so I will leave that answer to someone else. :D

i get by fine by just un-plugging things and plugging in others. Two has always been enough for me. I never have to actually USE more then 2 at a time.

When leaving the cabin, I plug in things like battery chargers for camera etc.

While getting ready I need 1 for the dryer and 1 for the curling iron.

I used to take a power strip and never used it.

i get by fine by just un-plugging things and plugging in others. Two has always been enough for me. I never have to actually USE more then 2 at a time.

When leaving the cabin, I plug in things like battery chargers for camera etc.

While getting ready I need 1 for the dryer and 1 for the curling iron.

I used to take a power strip and never used it.

The only reason to take something IMO is if you have a large plug - often the outlets are placed so that you can only use one at a time. The outlets are grounded.

I always bring a power strip. sometimes the way the plug is on the wall I can't get my battery charger plugged in.

Candi

We had this issue on Mariner a few months ago. Brought a night light for the kids room and wasn't able to use it, wouldn't fit right. Next time we'll bring a strip or extension cord if we decide they need the light. If all the stuff you are plugging in come straight out of the plug you will be fine. If not . . .

To the OP it really depends on how many things YOU feel you need to plug in at once and how they are attached to the plug whether you need it or not.

If you have to unplug something to use the hairdryer, for instance...that only takes a few minutes...then you can re-plug!

There are 2 plugs.

Contrary to what was posted above, the hairdryer furnished by RCI in the cabin uses a completely different female outlet and you can only use that outlet to plug in the hairdryer because of the design of the male connection on the hairdryer.

There are 2 American type 3-prong outlets in addition to the hair dryer outlet by the desk area on the opposite side.

Contrary to what was posted above, the hairdryer furnished by RCI in the cabin uses a completely different female outlet and you can only use that outlet to plug in the hairdryer because of the design of the male connection on the hairdryer.

There are 2 American type 3-prong outlets in addition to the hair dryer outlet by the desk area on the opposite side.

Patti (& Jim) -

The type of hair dryer supplied by RCI must vary between ships.. On the Grandeur this summer (7/30/09), our (RCI suppiled) hair dryer was a standard US 2 prong 120V model versus the European sounding one you have seen.

Aloha,

John

Patti (& Jim) -

The type of hair dryer supplied by RCI must vary between ships.. On the Grandeur this summer (7/30/09), our (RCI suppiled) hair dryer was a standard US 2 prong 120V model versus the European sounding one you have seen.

Aloha,

John

That could be the case but having sailed on Radiance 11 times, the hairdryer and I have become good very friends.:D

I think I remember that when we did our cruise on Splendour which is also a Vision class ship, the hairdryer was as you described on Grandeur.

Monster Cable offers a line of travel power strips called Outlets To Go. The different models have 3 outlets, 4 outlets, 3 outlets and USB, and six outlets. The cord is the flat type that folds neatly around the strip and plugs into one of the outlets. I have the 6 outlet type. http://www.monstercable.com/power/travel_power/outlets_to_go.asp

Archived