Nachi Cocom ?s

witneys7

I've read that snorkeling isn't good at Nachi unless you take the snorkel trip (I don't want to be off the beach that long!)

Should I bring my snorkel & mask? I don't care if I see big fish, a few here and there will be fine!

We're leaving Sunday on our cruise and I'm already praying for sunshine the day we're at Nachi!

You would be correct. Since Nachi beach is sandy, the snorkeling near the shoreline is not that great. If you want good snorkeling take the boat out to the Palancar reef. This may be purchased at Nachi.

I do not see why you could not bring your own snorkel and mask.

Have a great time!!

I've read that snorkeling isn't good at Nachi unless you take the snorkel trip (I don't want to be off the beach that long!)

Should I bring my snorkel & mask? I don't care if I see big fish, a few here and there will be fine!

We're leaving Sunday on our cruise and I'm already praying for sunshine the day we're at Nachi!

We brought our mask and snorkel. You'll see some fish, especially if you take a few pieces of bread with you, but no colorful coral or reefs, etc.

We did not pay the extra for the snorkel trip, but I understand it was great snorkeling............

You would be correct. Since Nachi beach is sandy, the snorkeling near the shoreline is not that great. If you want good snorkeling take the boat out to the Palancar reef. This may be purchased at Nachi.

I do not see why you could not bring your own snorkel and mask.

Have a great time!!

Agreed. You may see a few fish congregate by the pilings for the dock, but since the beach is an expanse of sand with very little sea grass or rocky outcrops, it's not very attractive to marine lie.

It sure is a pretty spot, though.:D

Yes...this beach is deserted...all the way down to the next beach..down at the point.

10940_1186404817923_1162361894_30481411_7726084_n.jpg

Which beach is that in the distance ( I am one of the horrible parents taking teens to Nachi so if there is activity down there I was just wondering if they could join in a volleyball game or some Frisbee?). Is the opportunity for interaction there?

I believe that is Paradise Beach in the distance - I know there is free entrance but you are supposed to purchase food/drinks to use the beach/loungers and you can get a $10 wristband to use the water toys. Not sure if you can just walk down there and join in a game....but probably doable?

Are there changing/shower facilities there? Do they have lockers?

It looks fantastic and I want to reserve it, but this cruise is a surprise Christmas gift for DH and DD and I'm worried if I book it now, they may want to go to Chankanaab instead to do the dolphin swim.... If I need to cancel my reservation will my deposit be fully refunded... anybody know?

I wish I could be there now.... and feel my stress just slip into the beautiful caribbean water........... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are there changing/shower facilities there? Do they have lockers?

It looks fantastic and I want to reserve it, but this cruise is a surprise Christmas gift for DH and DD and I'm worried if I book it now, they may want to go to Chankanaab instead to do the dolphin swim.... If I need to cancel my reservation will my deposit be fully refunded... anybody know?

I wish I could be there now.... and feel my stress just slip into the beautiful caribbean water........... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am remembering a fresh water shower somewhere? (or am I mixing this up with some other beach place? :D)...they have a large washroom in which you could easily change! Don't remember seeing any lockers but I'm sure you things will be safe on your beach chair under the palapas!

You would have to check the tour website (island marketing) to see what there refund policy is - I believe you have to give a $12 deposit per person and pay balance when you get there - I'm sure if you ask them they will advise regarding refund of deposit and cancellation dates!

I have really enjoyed this thread. We were in Cozumel last winter and went to Nachi. It was fantastic! We'll be in Coz next week and aren't scheduled for Nachi. This thread has made me regret that decision and think about trying to book.

Whether you drink or you don't, Nachi is a beautiful, relaxing place to spend the day. It is small and has a small staff. It's peaceful. If you like to drink, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

We spent part of our day relaxing under our palapas. Then we moved to the swim-up bar (which is accessible from both the pool and the hot tub). Tried a lot of different drinks. Chatted with other guests. Took a break to eat lunch, then back to the swim-up bar for tequila shots before catching a cab back to the ship.

We aren't party animals. We enjoyed the "free" alcohol but wouldn't have enjoyed it if it had been loud or rowdy. It was very quiet and very relaxed.

I'd recommend Nachi 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
I accept your MISSION...and will do my absolute best to try as many drinks as humanly possible and report back with my findings. LOL:D Let's hope I make it back after all of those drinks! :eek:

So MJ - did you make it back???:rolleyes: Sure hope so cuz I for one am very anxious to hear about your visit to NC and of course the 'drink reviews'! Let us know how you made out!:D

Thanks!!

One of my kids will be a week over 18. Do they ID the kids for age? Do to a medical condition she wont be able to eat or drink there so I would hate to pay $49 for her to use the beach and pool.

They don't have an age limit so they don't card and the price is set regardless of whether or not you drink/eat. The price for a quiet relaxing NOT CROWDED beach is worth it, though... I will always go back to Nachi... Coz was my favorite port of all this time and it was because I forewent the shopping and just enjoyed this classic Caribbean beach.

Yes...this beach is deserted...all the way down to the next beach..down at the point.

10940_1186404817923_1162361894_30481411_7726084_n.jpg

Are those blue mats in the picture included in the price?

Also, all the amazing drinks everyone is mentioning, are those included? Last summer we went to Passion Island. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the Open Bar, but it was limited to about 5 drinks. All good, but if we wanted anything else it cost extra. I'm just curious. :)

One more question... I've read many times that the cost of a taxi is $15 for 4 people. There are five of us traveling. Does anyone know if maybe they would let us squeeze five in a taxi, or will we need to get two taxis?

Thanks ahead of time!

NoOtherVacay -

Blue mats are not included. Someone in the past has mentioned how much they are to rent, but cannot remember. I just remember the price was not bad at all.

All the drinks you are able to down while you are there are included...no limit. Anything you want just ask.

Last time we were a party of 6 and instead of a car, we got a mini van type taxi. It was $20 each way. You would have to ask them about squeezing in 5 into a car. FYI...they are pretty compact cars.

Received our confirmation, Looking forward to Dec. 30 with the Legend. Anyone who hasn't booked that day yet should hurry, 18k+ passengers in port that day :eek::eek:

Please report back to let us know how the large cruise passanger load impacted your Nachi day. BTW, I have you beat....23k+ when we are there.

NoOtherVacay -

Blue mats are not included. Someone in the past has mentioned how much they are to rent, but cannot remember. I just remember the price was not bad at all.

All the drinks you are able to down while you are there are included...no limit. Anything you want just ask.

Last time we were a party of 6 and instead of a car, we got a mini van type taxi. It was $20 each way. You would have to ask them about squeezing in 5 into a car. FYI...they are pretty compact cars.

We were there 2 weeks ago and have already reserved again for our February cruise. They were asking $7 each for the blue mats but I think you can bargain to $4 or $5.

Thanks for the information!!

We were there 2 weeks ago and have already reserved again for our February cruise. They were asking $7 each for the blue mats but I think you can bargain to $4 or $5.

Thanks for posting this!! I got on the boards this morning for an answer to this very question. I love finding quick answers:)

We'll be there in mid-January - does anyone know if the water will be a bit chilly?

Chilly,shmilly - who cares? Gotta be warmer than at home? Just dive in and enjoy :D:D (from someone who is currently 'enjoying' minus 20 temps and more snow coming - yes you hear me right MINUS 20 (centigrade - which is about -4 fahrenheit)

Archived