Nachi Cocom ?s

witneys7

I've never read that tipping was included. It seems many people give an extra $20.00. If you do, that's about $150.00 for two people including taxi, not exactly a bargain for several hours at the beach.

It's on the sign outside when you get there. We only give another extra $5-$10 to our waiter and bartender and we always share the taxi with others from our roll call, so the taxi's not that much more.

I've never read that tipping was included. It seems many people give an extra $20.00. If you do, that's about $150.00 for two people including taxi, not exactly a bargain for several hours at the beach.

I guess a bargain is in the eye of the beholder....

We aren't big drinkers, so the all we can drink is nice, but not why we book Nachi....

After seeing other boardmembers pictures of Paradise Beach and other popular beaches, we see it as paying for the large pool, and 20 feet between my Wife and My Loungers and the next lounger. (instead of packed like sardines at the "free" beaches, like Paradise.)

If anybody in your party is a fan of a relaxing beach day, away from crowds and pool toys, etc.... then Nachi is easily worth $75 per person for a group of two. (I think my Wife would easily pay double.)

I can't wait to get back there a week from Thursday.

Bill

I guess a bargain is in the eye of the beholder....

We aren't big drinkers, so the all we can drink is nice, but not why we book Nachi....

After seeing other boardmembers pictures of Paradise Beach and other popular beaches, we see it as paying for the large pool, and 20 feet between my Wife and My Loungers and the next lounger. (instead of packed like sardines at the "free" beaches, like Paradise.)

If anybody in your party is a fan of a relaxing beach day, away from crowds and pool toys, etc.... then Nachi is easily worth $75 per person for a group of two. (I think my Wife would easily pay double.)

I can't wait to get back there a week from Thursday.

Bill

We use to go to Nachi prior to having to book in advance. We would just show up and then pay for our food/drink. Chairs were free and so was the pool.

But now that we have to pay, I must say I 100% agree with you.

We will be back in August, sailing on CCL Dream, and have booked Nachi for my family of 5 (2 16 year old girls and one 12 year old son).

Although my dh and I are social drinkers, we definately will not be getting our monies worth of drinks (I can't/don't want to drink that much during the day and in my 40s so don't rebound as easily the next day anymore LOL). A relaxing, uncrowded day at the beach is worth the money for me.

This is also why I booked an all inclusive in Costa Maya. Seeing the beach that most go to, got me downright scared. It was VERY crowded and didn't look like fun. But that is just me.

To each his own!

Nachi use to be wonderful, been about 3 times, and can't wait to get back again, although this time we will be paying (I'm with your wife, crowds are no fun...especially on a beach!!!)

Okay, I'm BIG on research BEFORE I go, then often forget to chime in after (like I should!)

I'm crusin' the boards right now for info about our cruise in 1 week going to the Bahamas, but checked out my user CP and found this thread again.

I went back from the last page about 2 pages and what I read felt so different than what we experienced, so I thought I'd let you guys know our experience.

We went to Nachi C on a short cruise in the first week of November this year. I picked it even though we'd gone to Paradise Beach the last time on Coz (which had fun activites but was too crowded and didn't have enough shade for us - apologies to ParadiseTom!) I just wanted something different.

My brother, his wife (my SIL) and I went and I endured some playful ribbing from him about why we were going to PAY to go to a beach when the beaches are technically FREE in Coz (I was starting to wonder myself!) But we got there WAY early (it was almost deserted!) and got OUR PICK of beach chairs. I should note that because there were 3 of us, our waiter (not Manuel; can't think of his name right now) eventually came over to us (I don't think the waiters were even there when we arrived!) and told me that we'd have to scoot a chair over to make a "threesome" under our straw umbrella if it got crowded. (I did NOT like that idea because there wasn't much shade to begin with and to do that would mean one of us would FRY.)

No need to worry - it never got THAT crowded and it never was an issue.

Things picked up (of course), but didn't get overly crowded.

The pool looked okay - the beach looked better.

The hammocks I had eagerly anticipated were never actually put up between the trees. The plastic beach chairs were not super comfortable, but were fine.

Now, here comes something that's different than what I've read in this thread (recently, at least) - there was no 'one appetizer, one entree, etc.' We three ordered what we wanted to and never heard differently. My brother ordered a BUNCH of jack and cokes (he specified what kind of whiskey he wanted so that they wouldn't use something cheaper - a CC tip). Our waiter offered us Mamacitas when my SIL asked for a drink reccomendation. Since I don't drink much at all, I initially declined; however, he assured me he could bring me a very weak one (how often do they get asked THAT, I wonder!!) It was REALLY quite good! We ordered 3 appetizers (just 'cause they sounded good) - 1 order of chips and salsa (which I don't think was on the menu, but we asked), 1 order of guac and chips, and one shrimp ceveche. OMG- it was all SO GOOD. The chips were excellent (I'm not usually a chip person either!); warm and tasty. And the guac and salsa - to die for. Then there's the ceveche. MMMmMMmMmM!

An hour or so later we ordered more chips and guac and another ceveche (to split amongst the 3 of us) Our waiter didn't visit us as often as I would have liked, but frankly he did visit us enough when it comes down to it. More would've been great, but it wasn't BAD service.

Later on we ordered 3 entrees (I highly reccomend the shrimp and my brother liked his ribs!) I don't remember if anyone got dessert, but the point is that I don't remember hearing that we could have only ONE of anything; it was all inclusive.

In some ways since everything else to do (floats, snorkeling via boat, etc.) was extra, I wasn't sure it was the best choice price wise; on the other hand, we had a very relaxing day in a safe enviornment. No lockers that I remember, but I never felt I needed them. Beach was clean and pretty. Service was adaquate (and yes, we tipped him at the end about $10 each) Food was excellent. Snorkeling (extra fee) was worth it and fun. Would we go back?

Well, my brother (who had mocked me) told me later that he's NEVER had more fun at a beach or on an excursion on any cruise he's taken. Sure, that could've been the umpteen jack and cokes he had (hehe), but I also think it really was. It wasn't CHEAP (free), and I DO love a good bargain - but IMO it was fun and WORTH it (which is pretty great, too!)

-Sarah

What time does Nachi open? I've seen different hours posted here, TA and the Island site. Can someone confirm their hours?

I'm considering booking this as well as the Sea Trek helmet diving for my day in Cozumel....wondering if we have enough time to do both.

We went here on 12/22/09.

We got off the ship (RCCL), and walked to the taxi area. It cost us $20.00 for 5.

It was a quick 10 minute trip down the road. We got there at 8:00 am -- the gate was open, so we just went in. (THey don't show up until 9-9:30)

We picked out a place and just started enjoying things.

About 10, someone came over, had us put on sombreros and took our picture. $10.00

Then the waiter came over and started bringing us drinks. I got bottled water for a while.

Then our snorkeling time was approaching. He fitted us with fins and off we went. The guides were wonderful and snorkeling was awesome.

When we came back, we ate lunch.

I ordered fajitas. The kids had a hamburger (which I DON"T RECOMMEND).

Then they went parasailing -- they had a good time, but in retrospect, I wish we had done a dolphin discovery.

It was 2, and time to get back to the ship... they call a taxi for you.

Remember to tip the waiter.

All in all, it was wonderful.

In talking with other people, they enjoyed PLAYA MIA

Question about tipping?? Did you tip each time they brought you a drink or waited until the end of the day and gave the waiter a good tip then?? That could really add up if you are a big drinker....

Question about tipping?? Did you tip each time they brought you a drink or waited until the end of the day and gave the waiter a good tip then?? That could really add up if you are a big drinker....

We tipped at the end of the day.

Will do so again in a week.:D

Bill

What time does Nachi open? I've seen different hours posted here, TA and the Island site. Can someone confirm their hours?

I'm considering booking this as well as the Sea Trek helmet diving for my day in Cozumel....wondering if we have enough time to do both.

9-5 Cozumel Time

How long is the taxi ride?

Haven't got the confirmation - just requested today. Hoping we haven't waited too long.

Just wondering if you have received your cofirmation yet? If so, how long did it take after you requested a booking? I just submitted a reservation request today for the Feb. 5th date; so I hope that I'm not too late either... :confused: This beach looks wonderful; it would be my first time to go there.

Just wondering if you have received your cofirmation yet? If so, how long did it take after you requested a booking? I just submitted a reservation request today for the Feb. 5th date; so I hope that I'm not too late either... :confused: This beach looks wonderful; it would be my first time to go there.

I did it over the weekend and I got it Tuesday morning! Are you on the Westerdam? We will be there also on the 5th. It does look great - I'm sure we will all enjoy.

I received my confirmation less than 24 hours after submitting the request.

Haven't got the confirmation - just requested today. Hoping we haven't waited too long.

I received my confirmation less than 24 hours after submitting the request.

Woo-Hoo! I just received a confirmation that they still have availability for Feb. 5th so I have booked our reservation! I'm so excited.

we are coming in on the Conquest; look forward to seeing you there. :-)

Archived