Nachi Cocom ?s

witneys7

We were going to try and make a reservation tonight, but when I went to confirm the date we were going to be in Cozumel I noticed it had changed. In our reservation information it says we are going to be there on March 9th, but everywhere else, on the Carnival site and the site that shows which ships will be in port and when, all say we will be in Cozumel on the 8th. I should go by the one that is on my reservation right? I'd hate to have a place at Nachi and then find out it's for the wrong day!!

We were going to try and make a reservation tonight, but when I went to confirm the date we were going to be in Cozumel I noticed it had changed. In our reservation information it says we are going to be there on March 9th, but everywhere else, on the Carnival site and the site that shows which ships will be in port and when, all say we will be in Cozumel on the 8th. I should go by the one that is on my reservation right? I'd hate to have a place at Nachi and then find out it's for the wrong day!!

You should contact your travel agent or PVP to confirm.

***I came across this post which might be the reason the date has changed...if you're on the Ecstasy***

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116504

You should contact your travel agent or PVP to confirm.

***I came across this post which might be the reason the date has changed...if you're on the Ecstasy***

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116504

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. :) I'm horrible with searches. Generally I can't find what I'm looking for.

Question for anyone. I'm curious, What do you think is the least amount of time you would be willing to spend at Nachi for what you pay?

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. :) I'm horrible with searches. Generally I can't find what I'm looking for.

Question for anyone. I'm curious, What do you think is the least amount of time you would be willing to spend at Nachi for what you pay?

You're welcome!

We're planning to spend about 5 hours @ Nachi (depending on the weather) and then head back to town for a little shopping before boarding the ship.

I think 3 hours would be worth the cost..as long as you have plenty of drinks and food during that time!

Have a great cruise! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone...we are going to be in port very early- 7 AM-4 PM...I really want to book Nachi Cocom but not sure we will get our money's worth because of the early port time along with the time change ( I was told that the port time listed is Florida time). Would you suggest booking Nachi with port times like these? We essentially wouldnt be able to go until 10 am and leave probably by 2 pm (ship time).

Okay, I'm BIG on research BEFORE I go, then often forget to chime in after (like I should!)

I'm crusin' the boards right now for info about our cruise in 1 week going to the Bahamas, but checked out my user CP and found this thread again.

I went back from the last page about 2 pages and what I read felt so different than what we experienced, so I thought I'd let you guys know our experience.

We went to Nachi C on a short cruise in the first week of November this year. I picked it even though we'd gone to Paradise Beach the last time on Coz (which had fun activites but was too crowded and didn't have enough shade for us - apologies to ParadiseTom!) I just wanted something different.

My brother, his wife (my SIL) and I went and I endured some playful ribbing from him about why we were going to PAY to go to a beach when the beaches are technically FREE in Coz (I was starting to wonder myself!) But we got there WAY early (it was almost deserted!) and got OUR PICK of beach chairs. I should note that because there were 3 of us, our waiter (not Manuel; can't think of his name right now) eventually came over to us (I don't think the waiters were even there when we arrived!) and told me that we'd have to scoot a chair over to make a "threesome" under our straw umbrella if it got crowded. (I did NOT like that idea because there wasn't much shade to begin with and to do that would mean one of us would FRY.)

No need to worry - it never got THAT crowded and it never was an issue.

Things picked up (of course), but didn't get overly crowded.

The pool looked okay - the beach looked better.

The hammocks I had eagerly anticipated were never actually put up between the trees. The plastic beach chairs were not super comfortable, but were fine.

Now, here comes something that's different than what I've read in this thread (recently, at least) - there was no 'one appetizer, one entree, etc.' We three ordered what we wanted to and never heard differently. My brother ordered a BUNCH of jack and cokes (he specified what kind of whiskey he wanted so that they wouldn't use something cheaper - a CC tip). Our waiter offered us Mamacitas when my SIL asked for a drink reccomendation. Since I don't drink much at all, I initially declined; however, he assured me he could bring me a very weak one (how often do they get asked THAT, I wonder!!) It was REALLY quite good! We ordered 3 appetizers (just 'cause they sounded good) - 1 order of chips and salsa (which I don't think was on the menu, but we asked), 1 order of guac and chips, and one shrimp ceveche. OMG- it was all SO GOOD. The chips were excellent (I'm not usually a chip person either!); warm and tasty. And the guac and salsa - to die for. Then there's the ceveche. MMMmMMmMmM!

An hour or so later we ordered more chips and guac and another ceveche (to split amongst the 3 of us) Our waiter didn't visit us as often as I would have liked, but frankly he did visit us enough when it comes down to it. More would've been great, but it wasn't BAD service.

Later on we ordered 3 entrees (I highly reccomend the shrimp and my brother liked his ribs!) I don't remember if anyone got dessert, but the point is that I don't remember hearing that we could have only ONE of anything; it was all inclusive.

In some ways since everything else to do (floats, snorkeling via boat, etc.) was extra, I wasn't sure it was the best choice price wise; on the other hand, we had a very relaxing day in a safe enviornment. No lockers that I remember, but I never felt I needed them. Beach was clean and pretty. Service was adaquate (and yes, we tipped him at the end about $10 each) Food was excellent. Snorkeling (extra fee) was worth it and fun. Would we go back?

Well, my brother (who had mocked me) told me later that he's NEVER had more fun at a beach or on an excursion on any cruise he's taken. Sure, that could've been the umpteen jack and cokes he had (hehe), but I also think it really was. It wasn't CHEAP (free), and I DO love a good bargain - but IMO it was fun and WORTH it (which is pretty great, too!)

-Sarah

Thanks for all the good information:) Can't wait!

Just booked Nachi for Feb 9th!! Hope it isn't too crowded as there will be 6-7 ships in port! Our ship docks from 7:45am to 4:45pm.....trying to figure out what time we should leave Nachi in order to have some time for shopping???

Just booked Nachi for Feb 9th!! Hope it isn't too crowded as there will be 6-7 ships in port! Our ship docks from 7:45am to 4:45pm.....trying to figure out what time we should leave Nachi in order to have some time for shopping???

We were just there on Jan. 22nd. What a great great place. Our waiter was Carlos. He almost brought what we wanted before we asked for it. My Dad says the massage he got was the best he has ever had. I know the nachos WERE the best I have ever had and I live in an area with great Mexican food. We left around 2:45 PM and had plenty of time to shop before we had to be on the ship at 4:30. We will definately be going there again.

1524844280_meonbeach.jpg.cb90deeed997d96f6985049835ff1488.jpg

Hi everyone...we are going to be in port very early- 7 AM-4 PM...I really want to book Nachi Cocom but not sure we will get our money's worth because of the early port time along with the time change ( I was told that the port time listed is Florida time). Would you suggest booking Nachi with port times like these? We essentially wouldnt be able to go until 10 am and leave probably by 2 pm (ship time).

What cruise line:confused:....RCCL lists in local time.

What cruise line:confused:

It is RCCL, but I called them and was told all the times listed were local times. I specifically said, so then if we are sailing out of Florida, the time listed is Florida time? And, I was told, again, yes, they are all ship times. Hmmm...another friend who has sailed many times on RCCL told me they are ship times too! Now, I'm confused...and concerned about my independent excursion in Grand Cayman!

We were just there on Jan. 22nd. What a great great place. Our waiter was Carlos. He almost brought what we wanted before we asked for it. My Dad says the massage he got was the best he has ever had. I know the nachos WERE the best I have ever had and I live in an area with great Mexican food. We left around 2:45 PM and had plenty of time to shop before we had to be on the ship at 4:30. We will definately be going there again.

Thanks for the info!! I am really looking forward to our visit!

It is RCCL, but I called them and was told all the times listed were local times. I specifically said, so then if we are sailing out of Florida, the time listed is Florida time? And, I was told, again, yes, they are all ship times. Hmmm...another friend who has sailed many times on RCCL told me they are ship times too! Now, I'm confused...and concerned about my independent excursion in Grand Cayman!

They should be in "local" time for the port you are in....not ship time.....although it is somewhat captain dependent, RCCL usually stays on local times where Carnival stays on ship time......BUT always check the compass in the morning to see;)

I was just at Nachi last week. The hot tub was perfect temp.. not too hot when you are warm from the sun anyway. The pool was also a great temp for cooling off. I thought the ocean was cooler than the pool but we were there on a windy day so it was really turning and wavy. Not the beautiful calm see through water that I saw two years ago when I was there.

This was my second trip to Nachi. It was great and well worth the $$.

I will be back at Nachi in December :D

Booked a spot for last November and had to cancel and lost the $12 non refundable deposit. Emailed them last night and they used the $12 for this reservation.

Its well worth the price of admission :)

I will be back at Nachi in December :D

Booked a spot for last November and had to cancel and lost the $12 non refundable deposit. Emailed them last night and they used the $12 for this reservation.

Its well worth the price of admission :)

Do you have a special e-mail for them or did you go through the websit. I've been trying but it will not go thru

SO and I will be sailing on the Carnival Destiny in May. We're scheduled to be in Cozumel from 1p-10p (not sure if that's local time). I'm wondering if, given our afternoon arrival, we'll have enough time to enjoy Nachi. We're not really worried about the high admission price - we both like to drink so the all-inclusive aspect is very appealing. However, we're interested in snorkeling, and I'm concerned that after you subtract the time it'll take to get off the ship and take a taxi to Nachi, have lunch, and schedule/take a snorkeling trip, we'll have little time to enjoy the beach and some drinks.

Any thoughts?

Oh my with these reviews and photos I don't think I will make it till April!!!! I am also now afraid with all the great reviews that when I go in April it will be booked to the 100 limit. At least I know that we have our spot reserved!!!

We will see you there DH and I will be there the same day coming in on the Liberty

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my confirmation for a visit to Nachi Cocum next week. Had it not been for this forum I would have had no idea that this place even existed. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and left feedback about their visit. I will be sure to do the same.

I just recieved my confirmation for a visit to Nachi Cocum next week. Had it not been for this forum I would have had no idea that this place even existed. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and left feedback about their visit. I will be sure to do the same.

Same thing for me. I'm going to book for my cruise in September. My girlfriend and I couldn't figure out anything that really jumped out at us at Cozumel until I read the boards here. Nachi it is!

We're right behind you the following week. This will be our 3rd time at Nachi- a testimony to its awesomeness! Actually, when we visit Cozumel, there are 6 ships and 19,000 people with us. Not surprisingly, Nachi is sold out that day...all 100 spots. Enjoy!

I tried to figure out how many ships were in port on the day the Carnival Dream is there (always a Monday) but it only shows ships through April. Assuming it all stays the same, we're the only ship in Cozumel on Mondays checking the site listed in this thread. Is that really possible? Will more ships be added to this listing as we get closer to July this year? Not sure Nachi is worth it if there's only one ship in port. Is there a general consensus as to what other beach is almost as good but less cost?? Thanks. I have a 20 yr old son and 12 old daughter. Does anyone know the cost of the parasailing in the pictures??

We went to Nachi Cocom 2/15/10...We loved it...We arrived early but they let us come in and get settled....The service staff was excellent, constantly walking back and forth so we could wave them down for a drink or to order more food...( They weren't constantly bugging you but were near by when you needed something...My husband rented the snorkel equipment and had a great time...he saw lots of good stuff right off the beach..All of the facilities were very clean. We loved that it wasn't at all crowded...They may have had close to the 100 people there but we were all spread out so it was still great. We drank mostly virgin pina colada because we didn't want to get too loopy LOL !! We got our money's worth with a great beach, chairs, drinks and great food !! If we go back to Cozumel, we'll go to Nachi Cocom again....

Archived