Nachi Cocom ?s

witneys7

We'll be there in mid-January - does anyone know if the water will be a bit chilly?

I went last January and the water was chilly, but it was also slightly overcast. It was not too chilly for me to take a small dip.. but even so, I did enjoy laying out! I am going again this January. :)

I think you get an appetizer, main dish and dessert? (but I remember one other course?)....but more than enuf food..... ENJOY

We were there last week and it is just the 3 courses.. as you mentioned way more than enough food and DELISH:D The guac and chips along with the salsa they bring is awesome!!!:p

On a side note to parents that are bringing children.. there happened to be a family last week that completely astounded us...with a toddler in diapers also 2 other kids around 6 or 7.. the toddler was in the pool in diapers (nasty).. and the kids were in the hot tub.. there is a HUGE SIGN that states ADULTS ONLY.. no CHILDREN allowed in the hot tub... but I guess this family could NOT READ the sign:rolleyes: Please respect the rules and well use your common sense when you are there...

The next playa up the beach is Playa San Francisco not Paradise Beach.

The food is awesome, here are my BBQ ribs! Nice presentation, no?! And DO NOT miss the cerviche mixto!

wvpnbr.jpg

The hot tub is warmer than the pool water, but in January of last year, the ocean felt slightly warmer to me. Not much to see snorkeling off the beach and they caution you NOT to go near the dock...too much boat traffic.

Any drink you can think up, Jose can make you, I can't remember the pink thing he is famous for but it rocks. We are usually so smashed in a couple of hours we don't care how cold the water is!

Nice outdoor shower below the restrooms which are always immaculate, but no beach/water toys for kids. I would say this playa is more suited to adults than kids but JMHO.

There is soft music playing, but you can't hear it on the beach...a good thing. The fresh water pool is always clean and sparkling, but no rails into pool.

And out of 4 times at Nachi, we have only had a handful of other cruisers, course now its getting so popular that could change, but no more than 100 at a time will keep it from being crowded. We make our own Corona Commercials there:cool:aac4ls.jpg

I always can't wait to walk through the entrance, but I can never remember the ride back to the ship!;) Hopefully, it will be the same sweet spot in February....can't wait!

I know I've read where they used to do a thing where you paid $20 admission, but that the first 20 you spent inside was basically "free" and once you got over 20 you started paying. We really don't want to spend 100 plus cab fare on our day in Coz. I may have to consider somewhere else cheaper. We may not be drinking this time, due to traveling with the family, so I have to consider the value for price paid.

I beleive there is currently only an 'all inclusive' option - but I guess you can contact the tour operator and ask? I believe this option was available when you did not book thru an independent company and were able to just go there on your own!

It is only all inclusive. I thought it was nice and the pool was great but if you aren't going to drink all you can drink then I would advise going somewhere else. I felt like I didn't get my money's worth. You can get beach and pool for free at Mr Sanchos then pay about $20 bucks for food and a few non alcoholic drinks:)

It is only all inclusive. I thought it was nice and the pool was great but if you aren't going to drink all you can drink then I would advise going somewhere else. I felt like I didn't get my money's worth. You can get beach and pool for free at Mr Sanchos then pay about $20 bucks for food and a few non alcoholic drinks:)

I am not a big drinker so probably don't 'get my money's worth' in alcohol - what I am paying for is the privacy and lack of crowds. I have seen pictures of the other beach club where the chairs are lined up in rows (you can't get off the side of your chair - but have to slide down to the bottom!)....and there are hundreds of people on the beach and using the facilities.

I am more than happy to pay more to ensure I am not walking over bodies everywhere, and subjected to crowds of noisy people....especially when there will be 7 ship in port on the day I'm there!:eek:

We went here on 12/22/09.

We got off the ship (RCCL), and walked to the taxi area. It cost us $20.00 for 5.

It was a quick 10 minute trip down the road. We got there at 8:00 am -- the gate was open, so we just went in. (THey don't show up until 9-9:30)

We picked out a place and just started enjoying things.

About 10, someone came over, had us put on sombreros and took our picture. $10.00

Then the waiter came over and started bringing us drinks. I got bottled water for a while.

Then our snorkeling time was approaching. He fitted us with fins and off we went. The guides were wonderful and snorkeling was awesome.

When we came back, we ate lunch.

I ordered fajitas. The kids had a hamburger (which I DON"T RECOMMEND).

Then they went parasailing -- they had a good time, but in retrospect, I wish we had done a dolphin discovery.

It was 2, and time to get back to the ship... they call a taxi for you.

Remember to tip the waiter.

All in all, it was wonderful.

In talking with other people, they enjoyed PLAYA MIA

Has anyone ever gotten a massage here without prebooking one? Is it the same price that is advertised on the booking website or is that a special for prebooking?

We were last there in 11/08 and I did not prebook. It was the same price and was the best massage I have ever had.

Did you all squeeze into one taxi? Or was it one of those vans? I've heard a taxi is $7 for 4 people. Do you know if the rates went up?

Last time we were there (11/08) taxi was $15 each way! It was a large taxi/van so more could fit in - and of course sharing would drop the price!

My daughter and I were at Nachi on Monday. We arrived in Cozumel at 11AM and took a cab, which cost us $15. When we got out of the cab, a girl gave us sombreros and took our picture, then directed us to the cash register, where we paid the balance for our all-inclusive and massages. We were directed to Manuel, who would take us to chairs.

At that point we were immediately disappointed, as we saw several large, loud and rowdy groups occupying the beach and eating area. This surprised us because there were only 3 ships in port, ours and 2 Carnival ships. Didn't expect to see so many people here, especially given the earlier reviews we'd read. Manuel even had to stop and bring more beer to one of the groups before bringing us to a palapa. There were definitely 100 people there, if not more. We moved to the pool, where there was less of a crowd and then had our massages.

Our massages were nice, but there were yelling children right outside the massage tent. (that's where the hammocks are, I guess, judging by what the children were yelling). We then decided to have our lunch. We sat down at a table and Manuel came over to take our order.

We ordered nachos and guacamole as appetizers. The guacamole was enough to share, but the nachos were a small plate. They were all very tasty, as were the chips. I had mixed fajitas and my daughter had enchiladas. Again, tasty but not oversized. We each had 2 margaritas with our lunch. Service was slow- again, remember all the people? And we were just 2, so I'm sure the large groups (= bigger tip?) received more attention. We were never offered the menu again to order dessert, so I can't comment on it. We returned to our chairs by the pool to find the large group on the beach were now the large group in the hot tub.

The language coming from these people was atrocious. Can't tell you how many times I heard the 'f' word from someone. They were drinking beer and shots, so they were really plastered. We moved down to the beach then, where it was much quieter.

Fortunately they were all on a Carnival ship that was leaving early, so they had to leave the beach by 3. Once they did, Nachi became the place everyone has written about- quiet and serene. We hit the hot tub for an hour or so and enjoyed our time there until they started to close up around us.

As for service, I wouldn't say it was good at all, even after the large groups left. Value, not really, because the service wasn't good. Manuel could have brought us water and margaritas throughout the day, but didn't.

When we left, we shared a van-cab with a family heading to our ship and were actually charged more than if we'd each taken our own. The driver brought us over to the sign that showed the rates- 1-4 people was $15 and 6-8 was $32. We paid, but were again disappointed.

We enjoyed ourselves despite the issues, because it was sunny and warm and we were on a beach. But I woudn't really recommend Nachi the way many of you already have.

It sure doesn't sound like a relaxing day. When you think about it, $49 isn't really a bargain unless you get drunk like the other patrons you mentioned. The food was probably worth $10-$15....we'll stretch it and say $15. That leaves $34 for drinks. $6-$7 apiece would mean about five drinks. I couldn't drink that much in the hot sun without getting sick. Pay as you go beaches are probably a better option for a lot of people, including me.

This is a question for brittex or anyone else who can answer.

Is that mouthwatering gaucamole and salsa I am seeing standard with any dish you order or is that a standalone appetizer? :D It looks really good.

I have Nachi booked for my April cruise.

The salsa is given to you with the chips when you sit down. The guacamole is available as an appetizer. You also get a small dollop of it with your meal. It was good, but not fabulous.

Depending on how many ships will be in port when you are there would decide whether or not to reserve in advance. The first time we went we were the only ship there so we did not book in advance.

This past November, we did because there were 4 ships in port and they will only take a certain number of people. The $49.99 includes your chairs and umbrella, use of the beach area, the pool, hot tubs and restooms. It also includes one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. It includes your tips, but we have always tipped our waiter and bartender extra when we leave. Massage and other sports are additional. They will call a taxi for you when it's time to go.

Our first time there, as I said we were the only ship in port so everyone there was from our ship. We met some who were on our roll call and had a great time. It was a very relaxing day with no children.

In November, it was more crowded and children were in the hot tub. There is a sign that says in both English and Spanish, no children allowed. My DH made a comment about them kids so some of the parents made their kids get out, but they were not happy about it.

Still, I would go back. I love the day there and they will keep you in drinks whether it's alcoholic or soft drinks or water.

I've never read that tipping was included. It seems many people give an extra $20.00. If you do, that's about $150.00 for two people including taxi, not exactly a bargain for several hours at the beach.

I agree...when you put it that way! I'd have to totally plastered to get my money's worth!

Archived