24/7 soft serve ice cream?

e71465

We just got off the Sun Princess a week ago after 35 great days and the soft serve was available from 11am to 5pm each day could be different on other ships it come in cones or tubs and sprinkles were available to help you put on a little more weight if you wanted to

David

It was available as long as what use to be called "Sundees" ice cream bar was open. When they use to charge for it, the ice cream bar offered a wide varitey of yummy treats. Now that it's for free, the only thing I saw sereved on the Ruby was soft serve with the option of sprinkles. Noticed the same thing in the International Cafe since it is now free (except gelato) as options are fewer. Tapas are now served in Vines but the variety and quailty (IMHO) is not as good as when they cost a few dollars. Don't know about everyone else, but I would be willing to pay for the items if they went back to the way it was when I was on the Emerald a year ago.....:(:(:(

Bob

It was available as long as what use to be called "Sundees" ice cream bar was open. When they use to charge for it, the ice cream bar offered a wide varitey of yummy treats. Now that it's for free, the only thing I saw sereved on the Ruby was soft serve with the option of sprinkles. Noticed the same thing in the International Cafe since it is now free (except gelato) as options are fewer. Tapas are now served in Vines but the variety and quailty (IMHO) is not as good as when they cost a few dollars. Don't know about everyone else, but I would be willing to pay for the items if they went back to the way it was when I was on the Emerald a year ago.....:(:(:(

Bob

Have to agree with Bob. Since they did away with the extra charge items (except for Gelato), the variety at the IC is not there. Still good, but miss the extra tapas choices. The tapas at vines is very limited, plus you have to buy a glass of wine if you want free tapas or sushi. Still not a bad deal as I enjoy a nice glass of wine:)

I miss the sushi that you could purchase at Vines. I used to like to have it for lunch, but now you have to have wine and then they offer it for free. However, I don't drink at lunch hour.:(

Do they not sell the sushi at Vines if you don't have a glass of wine? I would have thought that would be a logical thing to continue.

Do they not sell the sushi at Vines if you don't have a glass of wine? I would have thought that would be a logical thing to continue.

Our friends just got off the Ruby on Sunday. Venice to FLL. They had sushi every day and since neither of them drink; no wine purchased. No charge for sushi. The only food with a charge is the cheese.

Your statement makes no sense. Free is bad?

I think that most people will agree that if the quality has degraded as much as some people say it has, it's not exactly a great deal. But it's free.

I'll have to judge for myself next cruise.

I think that most people will agree that if the quality has degraded as much as some people say it has, it's not exactly a great deal. But it's free.

I'll have to judge for myself next cruise.

Soft serve ice cream is a relatively new option. The scoops that you bought were hard ice cream. It is more a change than a degradation in quality. If can't be too bad since ever other person was eating ice cream on the Alaska cruise when it was raining and freezing cold - unless they too were just taste testing! :D

The new soft serve ice cream on Princess is actually very good. It is a better quality and very creamy. It is nice that they actually serve it to you so it doesn't turn into a messy, dripping free for all like you find on some lines. And they even put the sprinkles on for you if you want them. And its FREE. What is to complain about?

Yes the actual ice cream that we used to have to pay for was really good, but honestly I can think of only one time when we actually went and bought a sundae there. I really couldn't justify paying for the ice cream when it was available in the dining rooms at lunch and dinner everyday for free. And it's not like we were so lacking for desserts that we had to have the fancy ice cream at a price, especially with the free hot cookies coming just around the corner!

We really enjoyed the free soft serve on our Diamond Princess trip to Alaska last summer and I'm sure we'll enjoy it again on our Christmas trip on the Golden.

The new soft serve ice cream on Princess is actually very good. It is a better quality and very creamy. It is nice that they actually serve it to you so it doesn't turn into a messy, dripping free for all like you find on some lines.

Agree with you 100%. We enjoyed it multiple times recently on the Crown Princess. And the day the soft serve machine was broken, they served free real ice cream (just chocolate and vanilla).

Unfortunately I liked it too much and will like it too much again while on the Coral in December. :)

I agree! I like my soft serve to be to very soft--piratically melting as I eat it. :eek: From what I've heard Princess soft serve sounds perfect for my taste. :D

Archived