Connecting Cabin Noise - Explorer of the Seas

scfa99

I just had to change my reservation to a connecting D1 cabin (long story). We are both light sleepers, how much extra noise should we expect from the door? I know it all depends on our neighbors, just trying to figure out if we should expect a lot of additional noise because its not a traditional wall.

Also would we be better off getting an E1 aft balcony, its a bit smaller than the D1 but its not connecting to another room? We will have 2 adults and 1 six yr old in our room. Do the aft rooms off the back add any room?

We had a connecting cabin last summer, on a Carnival ship - terrible noise! A 3-4 year old who sceamed at all hours, and parents who had some loud drunken "conversations" late at night. I don't know if they had the kid out late with them in bars, or if only one parent was out drinking, and came back noisy, but it was very bad.

It all depends on your neighbors.

We had a connecting cabin last summer, on a Carnival ship - terrible noise! A 3-4 year old who sceamed at all hours, and parents who had some loud drunken "conversations" late at night. I don't know if they had the kid out late with them in bars, or if only one parent was out drinking, and came back noisy, but it was very bad.

It all depends on your neighbors.

Good grief! Sounds like you'd hear that "fine crew" even if you didn't have a connecting cabin.

Archived