Atlantis - RCI/RCCL Mariner of the Seas - October 17, 2010 (10/17/2010)

SoBayJake

Today is Aug. 17 so that means we are only two months away from boarding Mariner of the Seas.

Hope that the time passes quickly!

I look forward to meeting you guys.

Are you getting the drinks in ha?

Ok, so....Im a first time cruiser, Im currently deployed too Afghanistan right now, but since I get back next month(finallllly!) I'm back just in time too go on leave right when this cruise takes off! Im really excited, I decided too go balls too the wall and book myself a pretty nice room with a balcony, it's my post-deployment "I hate terrorists because they shoot at me too much" gift too myself. Im going solo though, so if anyone wants too hang out or whatnot, it would be nice too know maybe of one or two people. Hit my ass up!!!

Wish I was making this cruise so I could buy you your first drink on board.

When I took my first cruise I was a First Lt stationed at Norfolk's Camp Elmore. It was on a small ship 16,000 tons @ 700 passengers...and a straight cruise at that.

Hope your first cruise is as memorable as mine was.

Tom

USMC 1974-1986

Thanks sir :), I will definitly be drinking for sure haha, I'm of course looking forward too no end of partying so I can enmire all my deployment memories in a pickling solution of Captain Jack and anything that has the word "Mojito" in it. 7 months of no alcohol...my tolerance will be out the door...I'm starting too wonder if I should hold back on drinking...HAH, no way! What was I thinking?! Bring the booze and music!

EErrrrrrrrrrAH!

I'll definitly be putting all my training too use....hehehe, I haven't been patrolling the mountains of Afghanistan for nothing, stamina among other more noticeable benefits. This boat won't know what the hell hit it, hahaha!

EErrrrrrrrrrAH!

I'll definitly be putting all my training too use....hehehe, I haven't been patrolling the mountains of Afghanistan for nothing, stamina among other more noticeable benefits. This boat won't know what the hell hit it, hahaha!

It is my first cruise too, never even been on a straight cruise should be fun, im going solo too, so could hang out.

What age r u etc?

Sweet! 23 here, Im really excited about this cruise, the idea struck me about 2 weeks ago, it took me all of 3 days too make my decision final. I got a lot of steam too blow off, it would be fun too hang out dude, I plan on going all out for this shindig.

Sweet! 23 here, Im really excited about this cruise, the idea struck me about 2 weeks ago, it took me all of 3 days too make my decision final. I got a lot of steam too blow off, it would be fun too hang out dude, I plan on going all out for this shindig.

Do you have email or msn and we can chat?

Hello guys and welcome to the new people on this thread.

I look forward to meeting all of you...real soon!

7 weeks from today we will be stepping aboard Mariner of the Seas. Not much longer now!

See you soon.

Hobie

7 weeks from today we will be stepping aboard Mariner of the Seas. Not much longer now!

Hurray! 7 weeks -- and sadly, I'm already starting to figure out what clothes I need to pack (end of sales, good for picking up last minute bargains on anything missing!).

Hahaha, less is better, gotcha!

I didn't know there was a Dog Tag party! I can definitly pack some of my Cammies for that event, thanks dude. Any specifics on that one? Im not too sure what too expect.

I didn't know there was a Dog Tag party! I can definitly pack some of my Cammies for that event, thanks dude. Any specifics on that one? Im not too sure what too expect.

From reading the Travel Brochure for other Atlantis cruises, the Dog Tag T-dance has everyone wearing Dog Tags on which you place color-coded stickers. Red = Not Available Yellow=Buy me a drink & we'll talk Green = Your cabin or Mine?

I would direct you to their website to see the info they send out but Atlantis has taken down the links to the earlier cruises since they have ended. If I can find one in pdf format, I will email it to you so you will have something to use as a guide. Take Care!

Yes, the Military Dog Tag T-Dance is usually held the first full day at sea (Monday) @ 4PM pool side. I've seen everything worn from just a camouflage Jock-strap to full military fatigues with helmets, etc. What those boys can come up amazes me. Just remember it's hot in the sun especially if you are dancing. I did this cruise last year and probably am going again. It's a lot of fun, fun, fun. Hopefully the weather will be better than last year. Yes, we had to go around a hurricane and it rained all day in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan was canceled. The rest of the cruise the weather was absolutely perfect. Also, for all you solo cruises there will be the first singles get together at 7PM on Sunday and then a daily single's informal cocktail gathering at Vintages Bar. Most guys than head into the dining around 8PM where Atlantis staff member's will seat you at large tables. On two nights of the cruise Atlantis will host two single's dinners in a section of the dining room. After each course Atlantis will ask half the group to pick up their napkin and drink and switch to another table to dine with another group of guys. Sort of like musical chairs or speed dating (if you want). It's really fun, no pressures and everyone is really nice. Nice way to meet a lot of guys in the course of dinner. In Puerto Vallarta everyone will head to the gay beach (the Blue Chairs). Beach chairs, umbrellas, beach waiters, food, music and tons of beach vendors. The Blue Chairs resort will have a afternoon T-dance on their roof top (Go Go boys) around 5PM or you can head about 4 blocks to the Cora Vallarta Hotel (50 pesos) where there's a pool, bar, steam room, jacuzzi, local boys. Also, later in the evening don't miss Club Manana Disco since we are in PV until 2AM.

As far as docs - no need for them. All you need is your RCCL booking number supplied by Atlantis (around 3 weeks). Log into RCCL's website with your booking number, fill out the information requested along with credit card number, print it out and bring it to the pier along with your passport and credit card. Atlantis mailed me luggage tags or you can get them at the pier.

Archived