Post Cruise Survey via E-mail

Us2inFL

I was wondering why there was no "survery card" in the stateroom toward the end of the cruise. I received this in my email a day or two after completing the cruise. It was rather lengthy, (and based on your responses, gets more lengthy) but very comprehensive. It was the perfect place to state the one or two minor things that popped up duing the cruise.

In case we didn't say it already, "thanks for choosing to sail with Norwegian Cruise Line". We hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise aboard Norwegian Pearl, on October 24th. Now that you're back home, we'd love for you to fill out a survey about your cruise. Your comments will help us make Freestyle Cruising® even better.

You can take the survey in the language of your choice. The survey is available in four languages: English, Español, Deutsch, and Français.

Synovate, a leading worldwide market research firm, has been retained to conduct this survey on behalf of NCL. The link below will remain open for a limited time. So start your survey today.

Sincerely,

NCL Guest Experience Team

If you are the travel agent for the guest(s) who just sailed on Norwegian Pearl, on October 24th, please forward this survey to your client who was most involved in the decision to book the cruise. We are interested in the opinions of the guests who recently experienced this NCL cruise.

NCL uses post cruise email surveys to give passengers a few days to reflect upon their cruise overall. This few day reflection can lead to a more valid and more reliable response.

coka

NCL uses post cruise email surveys to give passengers a few days to reflect upon their cruise overall. This few day reflection can lead to a more valid and more reliable response.

coka

And I've never received one...guess they think I reflect really s-l-o-w-l-y ;)

That is odd Monte! I have received it on most sailings since they began doing it this way. The online surveys give much more space to write comments. Just know there is no "go back" feature once you click the next page forward. It takes about 20 minutes to complete.

coka

And I've never received one...guess they think I reflect really s-l-o-w-l-y ;)

Give me your E-mail and I will forward mine to you after my next trip. They send me one every time. Please (As the old TV show did) change the names to protect the innocent. If you send nasty comments on the survey, my name is Princess !!

We were on the Dawn in May the very first week they were trying the "new" menu. It was the May 17, 2009 sailing. We were never asked for our comments, either on the last day of the cruise, or via e-mail after the cruise.

This seemed very strange because we felt NCL would want to know what we thought about the new menus.

I received mine last week for our 10/10 sailing on the Pearl. Ironically, the next day, I received one from Carnival for our cruise back in July. The questions were almost identical; I think they were powered by the same marketing company.

Survey's are only sent out to those who have email addresses on file.

I can guarantee that they don't go to everyone fitting those conditions (since I book direct, they have my email and I haven't been getting the surveys-and yes, I check my spam folders before I delete). Really though, it doesn't matter to me that I get missed...I get enough emails/spam/junk mail/telemarket phone calls etc etc etc.

When I said previously I don't get them, I may have been slightly mistaken. I do seem to recall getting one a few cruises ago

I've received two of the e-surveys now (Dawn, Pearl) and I must be doing something wrong because it takes me w-a-y longer than 20 minutes to answer them. I have to break it up into sessions :rolleyes: because my brain goes numb, people and things need attention while I'm trying to fill the survey out, etc.

I didn't get on our e-mail account for a while once we got home from the last cruise, so hadn't seen or answered the survey. By the time I got on the account, they had sent a second survey. Maybe they thought the first one got misrouted or deleted :confused:.

I honestly don't mind filling out the questionnaires, but they DO feel like I'm taking a psychological test. I swear they ask some questions twice, only worded differently :D. Also, they are somewhat interactive in that if you talk about something specific, sometimes the next question will address what you wrote about. It's good in that it helps them clarify what you're talking about, but it makes the survey longer.

I agree with coka's post stating "NCL uses post cruise email surveys to give passengers a few days to reflect upon their cruise overall. This few day reflection can lead to a more valid and more reliable response."

My mother went on her first NCL cruise with us, so I asked for her input on the questions as well as getting my husband's thoughts, so this survey had three people's experiences put into it rather than just hubby's and mine.

Survey's are only sent out to those who have email addresses on file. If you booked with a TA, you may want to follow up with them, as they may have received your survey and not forwarded it on to you.

That explains why I have never received one. They do have my email address on file, because I got other things (besides advertisements!) from them. I was beginning to wonder if it was just certain ships that did it. But if it's random, my number just never came up.

Archived