New to Royal Caribbean – cabin selection help please !

My brother in law and his wife just booked a cruise on the Independence of the seas. We realized only after booking that the stateroom they booked (1288)

1) is just below the sport pool and

2) is a connecting room (which mean there is only a chair in the seating area instead of a sofa or sofa bed ?)

After they booked we noticed that room 1330 became available.

· Is this room what you call a “hump” cabin ?

· Would this room be less noisy ? (I don’t realy know what is above on deck 11 and I don’t know if the fact that they would be near the centrum (noise) would be a good thing or not)

· Is this room in a better location than room 1288 ?

There is also a cat. E room available on deck 8 (8592) would this be a better choice? While this room is a bit smaller, it is not connecting and does not have deck 11 above…

I would also want to know if you need to specify “no upgrade” with Royal Caribbean when you choose a specific room and don’t want to be moved.

Thank you very much for you help :)!

None of the cabins on deck 10 have undue noise---the pool doesn't bother you. 1330 isn't actually ON the hump, but it's VERY convenient! That's the one I'd take! Being near the elevators and stairs is a HUGE PLUS...no noise and it makes coming and going sooooo easy!

if they plan on using the pool alot, keep deck 10...one quick flight up!

As far as a chair vs. sofa....how often does more than 1 sit on a sofa...it's not conducive to conversation...a chair is ample! There is a desk chair, as well.

My brother in law and his wife just booked a cruise on the Independence of the seas. We realized only after booking that the stateroom they booked (1288)

1) is just below the sport pool and

2) is a connecting room (which mean there is only a chair in the seating area instead of a sofa or sofa bed ?)

After they booked we noticed that room 1330 became available.

· Is this room what you call a “hump” cabin ?

· Would this room be less noisy ? (I don’t realy know what is above on deck 11 and I don’t know if the fact that they would be near the centrum (noise) would be a good thing or not)

· Is this room in a better location than room 1288 ?

There is also a cat. E room available on deck 8 (8592) would this be a better choice? While this room is a bit smaller, it is not connecting and does not have deck 11 above…

I would also want to know if you need to specify “no upgrade” with Royal Caribbean when you choose a specific room and don’t want to be moved.

Thank you very much for you help :)!

Whats the Date? We'll find you a great room to recommend you

Whats the Date? We'll find you a great room to recommend you

Well, thank you very much for the offer, but I'm not sure I want to give the date. If I remember well, I read on cruise critic that it's not a good idea to put that on the web, and since it's not for me..... I prefer not to give it....

I'm still interested in you opinion though.....:o

Well, thank you very much for the offer, but I'm not sure I want to give the date. If I remember well, I read on cruise critic that it's not a good idea to put that on the web, and since it's not for me..... I prefer not to give it....

I'm still interested in you opinion though.....:o

you can't be helped if you don't provide a date. I can't see how you think it's a problem.

It would only be a recommendation.

We have no idea what your name is let along your friends.

Except for the D1s that are all the way forward, *all* of the available D1s are connecting cabins.

I would take a D2. If there are two of them, they don't need a D1. The D1 has a sofabed where the D2 is just a sofa. You can't tell the difference unless you *need* the 3rd berth.

And then I would choose either 7654 or 8658.

Just a suggestion but I would always try to avoid a connecting room..may have some unwanted noise coming from the cabin next door especially if it is ever going to be an interior cabin as noises tend to be amplified........... I would never want a connecting door in a hotel room either..just my opinion but maybe something to keep in mind...It is always your choice how much info. you wish to share...general help will always be available..Have a great cruise....

Does someone know the answer to that part of my question ?

and also, how does a E1 that is "real" mid ship compare to a D2 that is more at the back of the ship and like 7654 and 8658?

Thanks for your help !

Archived