Live from the coral panama cruise

BayCalif-Ariz R Us

Hi. From pictures Princess posted during Coral's drydock, it looks like the Sanctuary takes up two decks. There appears to be a stairwell to the pool on deck 12 in the Sanctuary. Is that right? Or is Deck 14 aft still open to the public? (I'm hoping it's open!) Thanks for responding.

Denise,

Great information you are giving out. I am not that big on Astronomy either but talks about the history of the ports is right up my alley. We once had a man who did talks about the history of ocean liners, very interesting.

Here is a curiosity question, I wonder if they will open up the sanctuary to all during the canal tranist for viewing.

Pia: Thank you. The situation at the blackjack tables is the usual, so she'll manage the way she usually does.

Alan: Thanks for checking with the manager. Since she MUST be on the scooter for craps, it's good to know in advance that they are willing to accommodate her. I guess they are interested in our business :D:D

Denise: Thanks for your work in putting this together for us every day.

Shalom, Andy.

To view the canal I was on the Promenade deck as far to the stern as they'd allow - close enough to easily talk with the "mule" operators. The stern of Dolphin Deck also a great vantage point. Neither area had many people. We returned last Saturday.

DSC00167.jpg.68ccec21742badd44cb9f0425f569c66.jpg

I'm enjoying your live posts very much as we are thinking of taking the RT Panama next year out of FFL. Just read a review regarding loud noises and vibrations in an aft cabin on Deck 9. Have you heard any complaints? We're actually looking at Aft cabins on deck 10. Don't want to book those if we're going to have a noise problem. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Denise,

Thank you so very much for posting so much information about the Coral after drydock and trying to answer everyone's questions. We are looking forward to reading them each day. Our cruise (12/22) can't come fast enough. ENJOY your cruises!

Thanks Denise for posting from your cruise, lots of great information. Are there any photography, line dance or ballroom dance classes on your cruise?

Each day brings us closer to our Dec 7th cruise, so I'm really looking forward to your reviews each day. Thanks and enjoy your cruise. Lisa

Denise

Thanks for the info, hopefully, with you doing a 'Live from' the time should pass quicker before we're joining you on board.

Unfortunately for Jacki, I think I'm going to be even more excited than usual about this holiday because of your live from...

Looking forward to meeting all you B2Ber's soon.

PS. As to the weather for LA, anything in the 60's is still T shirt weather for us. Just to cheer you up, it was 40F when I came to work at 0730 this morning.

David

David -

We are going on the 7th too. There is a roll call started if your interested.

David -

We are going on the 7th too. There is a roll call started if your interested.

Sorry, for any confusion. We're on the cruise before you, FLL-LA. So we disembark in LA and only have an afternoon flight, didn't want to be wandering around freezing or to hot. If it's in the 60's then we're OK in jeans and T shirts being from the cold UK. Currently about 45F this saturday morning with 60mph gales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have time...could you check the photo studio and/or shops to see if they sell 'Coral' photo albums? I suspect the ship specific albums have been discontinued, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Thanks,

Lorraine

We'll be on Coral in April for a FLL-LA.

I'm enjoying your live posts very much as we are thinking of taking the RT Panama next year out of FFL. Just read a review regarding loud noises and vibrations in an aft cabin on Deck 9. Have you heard any complaints? We're actually looking at Aft cabins on deck 10. Don't want to book those if we're going to have a noise problem. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

We were on the Coral Princess (on the 10-day round trip) next to the last room on the port side, C726, I believe. We did notice a little vibration and a little noise but it really wasn't that bad. We were extremely lucky to have been upgraded from an obstructed view to a balcony!

Donna and Dave

Mindy43

When were you are the Coral? We did the Panama Canal 14 day last November LA to FLL. We had a great cruise and beautiful weather.

We were on the Coral Princess in February 17, '07. We were on the Emerald Feb. '08 and again in Feb. '09. This year we are the Grand 1/29/10 -- believe you are also.

Donna and Dave

Hello all, it has been a few days since we have posted as we really have been enjoying the cruise and various activites on the Coral Princess. Tonight [Monday] we enjoyed "Adrian Zmed" in concert. Yes the guy who played William Shatner's partner in "T.J. Hooker" it was a great show and it is only on the Coral Princess and one other ship, maybe the Island Princess as they both have the same stage setup in the Universal Lounge and this is a production show.

Today we were in Fuerte Amador, Alan went ashore and Denise stayed aboard. There are tours to Panama City available but alan did not do much but shop and enjoy one of the two restaurants located on the shore. this was a tender port and it took a while to go between the ship and shore.

Yesterday [sunday] was a sea day and NFL football was available all day long. they had three games during the day on MUTS as well as being available on our cabin TV.

Saturday, we were in Puntaranas, Costa Rica. The ship docked, it was a long pier and for those that did not want to walk it, they had a van shuttle available. At the end of the pier there are many many local artists selling their crafts and products. We shopped and purchased a lot of nice hand made things. When we could not carry anymore, we had a few drinks at a local pub then reboarded the ship.

Friday was a sea day and prior to that [Thursday] we were in Hualtuco, Mexico.

Hualtuco is a nice small city. The ship docks at a pier and you can walk right off and you are in town. There is a long beach with lots of sand and good water for swimming. There are several restaurants along the beach and an open church that can be visited. After you cross the plaza in the central area, there are many many little tents and tables where you can buy various items. We were only in Hualutco for about 4 hours.

Denise is really enjoying taking computer courses because the instructor is really great she says. Tomorrow morning we understand we will pass under the Bridge of the Americas at 5:30 a.m. and Denise swears she'll be up for it. The pilot will board at 4:25 am and we are scheduled to arrive at the Miraflora locks at 6:25 and depart the Gatun locks at 3:50 pm. That's a little bit of technical information for those who want to watch the ship's bridgecam.

The next cruise pax will board in FLL on Nov. 22 and they are of course all excited, but we're a little less excited as obviously it means our cruise will be half over. Bye for now. Denise & Alan

... we understand we will pass under the Bridge of the Americas at 5:30 a.m. and Denise swears she'll be up for it. The pilot will board at 4:25 am and we are scheduled to arrive at the Miraflora locks at 6:25 and depart the Gatun locks at 3:50 pm.

Denise/Alam, thanks for the schedule. We're really excited here as our first passage through the Canal will be just 40 days from now. Our time zone - 7 hours later than Panama time - means it's perfect for viewing today - the Bridge of Americas just after 12 noon! We'll definitely be viewing!

Shalom, Andy.

yes we will get the daytime passage under the bridge next cruise. Right now it's pitch dark and I'm trying to see if I can even see the bridge. So far Costa Rica is my favorite port - the crafts are really craftsmanlike and inexpensive. Panama prices seem to be like U.S. prices, at least in the stores. denise

We just finished passing throught the Panama Canal. It was hot and humid as usual, but the sightseeing was great. We left our anchorage about 4:30 AM and moved through the first locks and the canal pretty quickly, well at least ahead of the posted schedule. In Gaton locks, we were delayed about an hour as they had to med-evac a passenger from the ship.Tomorrow we will be in Cartagena, Columbia for about 6 hours. Regarding a question about movies on MUTS, they change all the time. They get there video feed from the communications where they have a hard drive full of movies. I think the CD choses on off of a long long list to show each day.

Alan

We just finished passing throught the Panama Canal. It was hot and humid as usual, but the sightseeing was great. We left our anchorage about 4:30 AM and moved through the first locks and the canal pretty quickly, well at least ahead of the posted schedule. In Gaton locks, we were delayed about an hour as they had to med-evac a passenger from the ship.Tomorrow we will be in Cartagena, Columbia for about 6 hours. Regarding a question about movies on MUTS, they change all the time. They get there video feed from the communications where they have a hard drive full of movies. I think the CD choses on off of a long long list to show each day.

Alan

It looks like you are having a great time on the trip. I have enjoyed reading your about your adventure.

We are on the December 7th departure out of LA, so we are getting excited.

Can you answer one question for me? What the connections on the front of the TV's (I think just below the screen). I want to hook up an IPOD and need to make sure that I have the correct cables.

Thank you for your assistance and enjoy the trip. :)

Archived