What do you want to know about Carnival Dream?

Traci, since Mach has not replied, thought I would take a stab at some of your questions. Working backwards:

6. Yes the TV's are interactive and you can see your S&S account.

5. They do have two movies a day that are free and keep replaying, two sets day 1 and day 2 and then day 3 is the same as day 1, day 4 as day 2 etc.

4. Soft serve ice cream (on the lido deck) is free. On deck 5 (where mach took the pics, there is a charge (hard ice cream)

don't know about 1,2 & 3.

Thanks for the help...Now,

Mach,

If you are out there, can you answer 1, 2 and 3 ??

Mach,

Absolutely LOVE all the information you have provided. I will be on the Dream 2/27/09. I have cruised on NCL, but am new to Carnival and have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer....

1. We are scheduled for the "Anytime" dining. Will we also get to see the singing waiters or are they only downstairs with the traditional diners?
  2. What are the posted hours for the Buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?
  3. What are the hours in the main dining room for Breakfast and lunch?

1) Maybe. It depends on how close you are to the railing and/or if you get up from your table and walk to the railing.

2&3): Hours depend on whether or not it is a port or sea day and are listed in the Capers (Daily paper left in your cabin the night before). MDR hours are also announced (or should be) the night before in the MDR.

Upper Crimson:

P1070072.JPG

Looking over rail in Upper Crimson:

P1070073.JPG

P1070074.JPG

P1070076.JPG

Carnival Dream 12 Day and 16 Day Capers (as an example) can be found here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/Capers/index.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/TA/Capers/index.htm

1) Maybe. It depends on how close you are to the railing and/or if you get up from your table and walk to the railing.

2&3): Hours depend on whether or not it is a port or sea day and are listed in the Capers (Daily paper left in your cabin the night before). MDR hours are also announced (or should be) the night before in the MDR.

Carnival Dream 12 Day and 16 Day Capers (as an example) can be found here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/Capers/index.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/TA/Capers/index.htm

Bill, you're a wealth of information. I thought I might bounce one more question your way... If we shoot some video of the ship, are there inputs (AV) on the TV's to review what we shot? I seem to recall something in a couple of your pictures showing an input panel --- was that only in the suites?

Tom

Bill, you're a wealth of information. I thought I might bounce one more question your way... If we shoot some video of the ship, are there inputs (AV) on the TV's to review what we shot? I seem to recall something in a couple of your pictures showing an input panel --- was that only in the suites?

Tom

The patch panels were only in suites, as I recall, but the TVs for commoners were more accessible than on Splendor.

Think this was 7-270 (OS VER3 - Modified WC)

P1050536.JPG

P1050546.JPG

P1050537.JPG

Commoner:

P1000590.JPG

Heck, I might go for that... Bring your tools.

P1000592.JPG

I was thinking as long as you weren't shooting home movies, you might try patching into one of the internet cafe monitors, but I'm starting to think they were All in 1 thingys?

P1090145.JPG

We are fairly new to the boards and have cruised several times. We do have to travel a long distance, are retired and on a very limited income. How do so many of you on this board cruise so many times a year and you seem young. Are you not working or living off in heritances. We so wonder. We have met many people from Florida that cruise every other week and mostly are pushy and rude. It has really colored our perception of values and priorities. Just a thought and a question especially to those who are younger and cruise constantly.

There are many cruise bargains out there these days and prices can vary wildly on the same cruise on different dates. In your case, the airfare can often exceed the price of cruising.

As for me, I'm not so young as years go and am delighted to see so many senior fares on Carnival these days. They often are not much more than than the early savers fares.

P1100346.JPG

I was on the transatlantic trip. The serenity area is on the 11th deck forward. Cushioned seats fill up quickly.2 the indoor outdoor clubs exits on promenade with seating. the ship was not the best for me. 2 pools way too small. The spa co-ed sauna was not good. Free gym space too small. The fum hub way too expensive and slow. The fun hub had one web page they posted concerning the cruise. I did not like the ship.

I was ona cruise with older pushy people that cut in line,acted rudely and all the above that was casted on younger people. I was ona 17 day transatlanyic cruise with pushy retired cranky old New Yorkers. So its not younger to cast blame on.

We are fairly new to the boards and have cruised several times. We do have to travel a long distance, are retired and on a very limited income. How do so many of you on this board cruise so many times a year and you seem young. Are you not working or living off in heritances. We so wonder. We have met many people from Florida that cruise every other week and mostly are pushy and rude. It has really colored our perception of values and priorities. Just a thought and a question especially to those who are younger and cruise constantly.

I cruise three or four times a year, normally pretty locally, but this one was a fly away. The price of the flight was exactly 1/2 the price of the cruise.

I use all of my vacation time cruising. I can't find any other form of vacation that allows me to do as much for the money.

If I sail from Galveston all I need pay is for gas and parking, perhaps a total of $100. Not bad at all.

If I had more vacation time I'd be cruising more!!!

:)

As for the gym, it certainly seemed sufficient to me...

P1000694.JPG

I see what appears to be 4 recumbent bikes - that should be enough to at least ensure only a short wait for one... and at this point, ALL of them should be in good working order!

Tom

I am 33 and this is my 8th cruise since I first started in August of 2007. We have 4 kids and until 2 weeks ago, we both had full time jobs. We have a low monthly overhead.. after we pay our monthly bills, we have about $2K a month to put into savings/vacation funds. We dont make a ton of money.. not even close to 6 figures. But we dont have a lot of bills. The only thing we owe on is our mortgage. I also do a lot of couponing and the free stuff I get, I resell on ebay.. for about $1000 profit a month... That money is what I mostly use for vacations.

I also do a lot of couponing and the free stuff I get, I resell on ebay.. for about $1000 profit a month... That money is what I mostly use for vacations.

Wow, that is interesting. what kind of stuff are you talking about that you get free with couponing and can resell?? Always want to do some e-bay business but never figured out what to sell for a steady profit...

Hi - I don't know if anyone else has asked --- but, did anyone stay in cabin #6269? If, so, details, please i.e, noisy, problems, etc. Also a pic would be great if possible. Our brother and sister-in law are going to be in #6265. We are assuming the balcony can be opened to make 1 large one. Thanks so much.

Nicky,

My wife sells on E-bay all the time and makes pretty good money. She gets most of her items from garage/yard sales and store clearance sales and then sells them for a profit. Her best "find" so far was a pair of brand new Prada shoes that she paid $1.00 dollar (one dollar) for and resold for $325.00 plus shipping. All you need to do the E-bay thing is a cheap digital camera, a computer and something to sell. She usually spends only a couple of hours in the evening two or three days a week doing this. She paid for our upcoming cruise on the Dream in December from her E-Bay profits.

Internet on Carnival Dream was faster and cheaper than any other cruise ship (not just Carnival) that I've been on.

Wouldn't the internet cost be the same on all of the Carnival ships?? The Dream wouldn't have a different price than the rest of the Carnival fleet, would it?

Wouldn't the internet cost be the same on all of the Carnival ships?? The Dream wouldn't have a different price than the rest of the Carnival fleet, would it?

You would think but that isn't the case.

This is the pricing I was expecting and have paid in the past:

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

{from http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

}

But this is the pricing on Dream:

P1080872.JPG

Not sure why the difference or if it is new pricing that will roll out to the rest of the fleet.

You would think but that isn't the case.

This is the pricing I was expecting and have paid in the past:

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

{from http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

}

But this is the pricing on Dream:

P1080872.JPG

Not sure why the difference or if it is new pricing that will roll out to the rest of the fleet.

Cool!! We will be getting something a little bit cheaper than expected. Thanks for letting us know!

Now, tell me, are the DOD's cheaper too? :D

They have much more bandwidth than other ships... 2.4 mb vs. 900 K on other vessels. I guess they think that's worth the extra dollars. It did nothing for me as I wasted a great deal of time with failed uploads due to the satellite link being lost...

:(

My husband and I are going on the 9 day Carnival Dream Cruise on Dec 3. 3 of the ports are new to us and I was wondering if anyone can tells us anything about Antigua, Tortola and Grand Turk islands???

Check out the Ports of Call threads for those islands

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I can personally recommend the following:

Sean in Antigua http://www.scenictoursantigua.com/index.html

and Patouche in Tortola for a visit to The Baths by sea

http://www.patouche.com/index.html

I am sure if you check out Ports of Call other more experienced cruisers than I will have plenty of recommendations

Dream Staterooms

Here are some pics of some balconies you may like to see that we took on our 10 days of cruising on the Dream out of NYC. The views are looking down on the Lanai. Actually, the Lanai is a very, very nice place to take a stroll completely all around the ship with tables and chairs in some areas to enjoy your fav beverage. And it's nice to look down and see lights and people strolling, especially at night. The higher you get the less you see of the Lanai, unless you look waaay over the railing. The ship is really a beautiful work of art and we enjoyed the CTN and 8 Day right after from NYC immensely. Enjoy!

(hope the pics turn out) will send pics in next post as these did not turn out.

Archived