What do you want to know about Carnival Dream?

Yes, we loved Papa Tee on the Freedom last year. He has such a wonderful voice ...

I want to say that he was on the Freedom in February. I talked to him a couple of times and he said that it was between him and one other fellow - as far as who would be assigned (get the contract for) the Dream.

Tom

Yes, we loved Papa Tee on the Freedom last year. He has such a wonderful voice ...

Ya' know, Linda, I was way surprised when he started playing. He's very talented.

Most often the one man band types are fillers and marginally talented but this guy is GOOD!!!

:)

Mach,

Did you get the opportunity to stake out the "white" area beside our stateroom # 1442?

WOOOOHOOOO!! I sure did! I'm glad you're here! I've wanted to show you these pictures!!

Here's your cabin:

Dream186.jpg

And here's the 'white' area next to your cabin:

Dream187.jpg

It's a storage are for pillow, blankets, etc. Couldn't make a noise if it wanted to!!

I've only seen those areas accessed while cabins were being made up in the late morning and evening.

I want to thank you for your reviews and posts. You are quite entertaining !

I have a question. I'm leaving for Dream in a few days and I was wondering if you knew whether or not the doors were metal. We usually put the magnetic dry erase boards on the doors to leave each other notes but if its not metal, obviously it won't work.

I guess we'll resort to post its!

Thanks again!

I want to thank you for your reviews and posts. You are quite entertaining !

I have a question. I'm leaving for Dream in a few days and I was wondering if you knew whether or not the doors were metal. We usually put the magnetic dry erase boards on the doors to leave each other notes but if its not metal, obviously it won't work.

I guess we'll resort to post its!

Thanks again!

They have a steel core but the outer skin isn't metallic. Magnets may hold paper and such but they won't work for anything with substance.

I've used that double sided foam tape in the past and it's worked quite well and removes with little effort...

Ya' know, Linda, I was way surprised when he started playing. He's very talented.

Most often the one man band types are fillers and marginally talented but this guy is GOOD!!!

Papa T was on Liberty when we sailed in May this year. He is very entertaining when on a week cruise. He has a way of engaging those walking by on Promenade while he sings/jokes around. He will be great on the Dream.

Since the balconies are extended on the aft balconies, do they have lounge chairs instead of regular chairs? I am trying to decide on whether to get an aFT or not.

I was in 6490, the last balcony on the port side before the aft wrap, it was an L shaped room with an extra long balcony. It had 2 chairs, a small table and a lounge chair on it.

Happy cruising,

Laura

Thank you...:) Thanks for all the great pictures also..It looks like a beautiful ship !

She is... she really is beautiful.

Please take a look at my revue. I've used many of the pictures that I have posted at PhotoBucket and explained what and where they are.

Joe Farcus is brilliant.

Mach,

Absolutely LOVE all the information you have provided. I will be on the Dream 2/27/09. I have cruised on NCL, but am new to Carnival and have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer....

1. We are scheduled for the "Anytime" dining. Will we also get to see the singing waiters or are they only downstairs with the traditional diners?
  2. What are the posted hours for the Buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?
  3. What are the hours in the main dining room for Breakfast and lunch?
  4. I saw your photo of the ice cream prices - I was under the assumption there was free ice cream 24/7? Am I incorrect??
  5. Are their any in-cabin movies to watch without additional charges? or are they all "Pay-per-view?
  6. In Cabin TVs - I believe they are interactive. Can you also view your daily Cabin charges on the TVs or do you need to go to the service counters?

As a cruiser that needs to wear a SeaSickness patch for each of my cruises, I'm not so sure I could have handled the wild weather you had.

Thanks again

Mach,

Absolutely LOVE all the information you have provided. I will be on the Dream 2/27/09. I have cruised on NCL, but am new to Carnival and have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer....

1. We are scheduled for the "Anytime" dining. Will we also get to see the singing waiters or are they only downstairs with the traditional diners?
  4. I saw your photo of the ice cream prices - I was under the assumption there was free ice cream 24/7? Am I incorrect??
  5. Are their any in-cabin movies to watch without additional charges? or are they all "Pay-per-view?
  6. In Cabin TVs - I believe they are interactive. Can you also view your daily Cabin charges on the TVs or do you need to go to the service counters?

As a cruiser that needs to wear a SeaSickness patch for each of my cruises, I'm not so sure I could have handled the wild weather you had.

Thanks again

Hey Traci - drop back by the roll call, we haven't seen you there in a couple of months. We'll be setting up a CC meeting if you are interested. Follow the ROLL CALL and GOOGLE PAGE links in my signature (for that sailing), and it will take you right there!

Tom

Mach,

Thanks again

Traci, since Mach has not replied, thought I would take a stab at some of your questions. Working backwards:

6. Yes the TV's are interactive and you can see your S&S account.

5. They do have two movies a day that are free and keep replaying, two sets day 1 and day 2 and then day 3 is the same as day 1, day 4 as day 2 etc.

4. Soft serve ice cream (on the lido deck) is free. On deck 5 (where mach took the pics, there is a charge (hard ice cream)

don't know about 1,2 & 3.

Archived