Questions, questions about Solstice!

bickee

Taking my first Celebrity cruise in Feb! Typically a Princess cruiser so I have a few questions. As far as Blu goes (booking aqua class) am I correct in that there are only early and late seatings, no celebrity choice?

Is it possible to do celebrity choice in the main dining room some nights if we wished?

Are the balconies in aqua class the same size as the normal balconies?

Thank you, thank you!

Taking my first Celebrity cruise in Feb! Typically a Princess cruiser so I have a few questions. As far as Blu goes (booking aqua class) am I correct in that there are only early and late seatings, no celebrity choice?

Is it possible to do celebrity choice in the main dining room some nights if we wished?

Are the balconies in aqua class the same size as the normal balconies?

Thank you, thank you!

I have read that they just recently instituted select dining in Blu, but you would have to check with them when you get on board. With regard to the MDR, you have to prepay your tips ahead of time in the MDR, so to do select on a few nights might be a problem.

All the balconies are pretty much the same size with the exception of the angled balconies -- they are larger in all classes.

There have been many discussions & speculations recently re. Select Dining in Blu. Information from Celebrity's websites (UK & US) and reps. offer conflicting answers. More will be known as the Caribbean season gets underway. I will be posting on my return as will many others I am sure. I decided to stick with late seating. Right now if you switch your res. to Select Dining you are assigned to MDR and must pay gratuities. Check out the other threads on this topic too.

While the issue with Blu is confusing one thing about Celebrity Select Dining is for sure...you can't do traditional for a few nights and CSD a few nights...you DO have to pick one or the other.

Gracie is right but there is a lot of confusion right now on this Select dining both in the MDR and Blu.

If you are not in AQ you may choose either Select or Traditional Dining. If you choose Select you must prepay tips and this must be done for the entire cruise one way or another. Select Dining according to Celebrity's website and press releases is not anytime dining but you are expected to reserve a time for you dining. You are led to believe from their policy that you just can't walk in, sit down and eat. Apparently from some returning from their cruises this is not the case, you can walk in and just eat.

Blu is totally confused right now as they say you cannot do Select Dining in Blu. Two weeks ago I had changed my reservation from a regular outside cabin to Blu. I had chosen Select dining when in the outside cabin and pre paid my tips. When I upgraded to Blu they gave me a credit for my pre paid tips and assigned me a dining time. Now according to a poster who I trust, you can just walk in anytime to eat. I will find out next week.

The other problem that has arisen with Blu is their stated policy that Blu is for AQ guests and suite guests may dine there for a small charge if there is availability. Apparently you can do this with pretty much any cabin category.

It appears that all this is new and that if they are not following their policies, in this case at least it is to the benefit of the passengers....

Interesting! I'm ok with eating solely at blu but honestly, we are just concerned about having a table for 2. Wonder if this is difficult to get with traditional late dining at Blu.

No problem. They have plenty of tables for 2 in Blu. Please be sure to notify Celebrity or your travel agent of your desires, or check in Blu as soon as you board.

BTW, the tables for 2 are pretty close together with the other tables in the small dining room -- maybe a foot or two.

No problem. They have plenty of tables for 2 in Blu. Please be sure to notify Celebrity or your travel agent of your desires, or check in Blu as soon as you board.

BTW, the tables for 2 are pretty close together with the other tables in the small dining room -- maybe a foot or two.

Living in Manhattan, having tables close together will not phase me. Thanks!

Archived