Cocktails in Concierge Club

Would you please tell us approximately what hours the cocktails are available in the concierge club? Some concierge clubs have very limited service, almost impossible to utilize. We are wondering if this is a "real" service, meaning something we will frequently be able to utilize. Also, some say there are pre and post-dinner cocktails. We always opt for late seating so, for example, is the pre-dinner cocktail time period going to be available to us or is it only available for early seating? We are taking Liberty of the Seas. Thanks!!

Concierge lounge hours are generally from approximately 5:30 pm til 8:30 pm and you are free to utilize the amenities in the lounge at anytime during those hours regardless of whether you have main or late seating, my time dining, or choose to dine in the Windjammer. Beer, soft drinks and basic alcohol drinks (rum, whiskey, scotch,vodka etc.)along with hot and cold hors d'ouevres are available during those hours. Continental breakfast is available in the morning and coffee and cappuccino are available 24/7. Depending on how many diamond plus members are onboard (on ships that don't have a Diamond Lounge - Voyager class ships and older), a satellite lounge may be open during the cocktail hours. On our recent Jewel repo, the Hollywood Odyssey and the Concierge Lounge were both used to accommodate all the Diamond Plus and Suite guests onboard). On the subsequent 3 night cruise, only the Concierge Lounge was used.:)

No, but the hours on most ships are 5 'til 8:30 , so if you are on early dining the lounge is still open. I have friends who prefer to take their post dinner coffee back in the Conciege/Diamond lounge.

Luv

Cy

Is there a post-dinner cocktail hour? Thanks for your help.

Not for late seating. As Bill stated the cocktail hour ends about 8:30, so about the time late seating will head to dinner. So early seting would be able to get there pre and post dinner, but late dining passengers won´t be able to get there post dinner, but only pre dinner for drinks.

As I´ve stated on your other thread. If you are only thinking about upgrading because of Concierge service, don´t do it. I love the GS and might upgrade for the room, but certainly not just for the CL.

We were on Liberty in Sept. We are Diamond and the Diamond Lounge was available for cocktails from 5-8:30 pm. I think the Concierge Lounge has the same hours. In fact, the Diamond Lounge was available before 5 pm. I saw people going in at just after 4:30 pm while I was sitting at the Olive or Twist bar waiting for 5pm. The Diamond Lounge on Liberty is actually nicer, IMO, than the Concierge Lounge (I peeked in). The Concierge Lounge has no windows. If you go to the Diamond Lounge, try the chicken wings....YUM!!!

Have a great cruise!

We were on Liberty in Sept. We are Diamond and the Diamond Lounge was available for cocktails from 5-8:30 pm. I think the Concierge Lounge has the same hours. In fact, the Diamond Lounge was available before 5 pm. I saw people going in at just after 4:30 pm while I was sitting at the Olive or Twist bar waiting for 5pm. The Diamond Lounge on Liberty is actually nicer, IMO, than the Concierge Lounge (I peeked in). The Concierge Lounge has no windows. If you go to the Diamond Lounge, try the chicken wings....YUM!!!

Have a great cruise!

I so agree about the chicken wings and the DL...Hello Rala:D:)

On our recent Jewel repo, the Hollywood Odyssey and the Concierge Lounge were both used to accommodate all the Diamond Plus and Suite guests onboard). On the subsequent 3 night cruise, only the Concierge Lounge was used.:)

Was this after the September 1, 2009 changes? Were suite guests allowed to use the overflow lounge as well as the CL?

Just curious....

Happy Cruising,

TnT

In fact, the Diamond Lounge was available before 5 pm. I saw people going in at just after 4:30 pm while I was sitting at the Olive or Twist bar waiting for 5pm.

Uh, the Diamond Lounge can be entered all the time if you have a key...not just the cocktail hour. The coffee machines can be used anytime. We sometimes went there just for the view and a nice place to sit...I would use the computers there at different times during the day.

On the Independence the coffee machine in the Concierge Lounge is switched off after the cocktail hour and not in use until the breakfast. This was very inconvenient for our friends in a suite as they could not join our group in the Diamond Lounge each evening. We had intended to get together each evening in the Concierge Lounge, but had to relocate to the Diamond Lounge and unfortunately our suite friends were not Diamonds.

We never received the same answer twice as to the reason. The Guest Services Manager said it should be on 24/7 - the Concierge obviously had his own ideas on this.:eek:

Hopefully, this will change - I did complain to Head Office on my return.

Uh, the Diamond Lounge can be entered all the time if you have a key...not just the cocktail hour. The coffee machines can be used anytime. We sometimes went there just for the view and a nice place to sit...I would use the computers there at different times during the day.

I know this,,,I guess what I meant was people were enjoying drinks and munchies before 5 pm. Sorry I didn't explain it very well.

I was just on the Exployer 11/7-12 and in the Diamond they offered wine (red or white) and Champagne but no food (hot or cold). Did enjoy the wine.
The Diamond event does not serve the same items as the Concierge Lounge. It is just wine & champagne and a 25% discount on other items.

Was this after the September 1, 2009 changes? Were suite guests allowed to use the overflow lounge as well as the CL?

Just curious....

Happy Cruising,

TnT

The Concierges have always had the option to open a second venue if the CL is overcrowded. When they do this, it will be open to both suite guests and D+ guests.

Just curious....

Happy Cruising,

TnT

Our experiences were on the Jewel Sept. 2nd transatlantic, the October 27th repositioning cruise and the subsequent three night cruise to Key West and Nassau. There is no differentiation between the access granted to suite guests and diamond plus guests. Both have equal access to the concierge lounge as well as the overflow lounge.:)

On the Independence the coffee machine in the Concierge Lounge is switched off after the cocktail hour and not in use until the breakfast. This was very inconvenient for our friends in a suite as they could not join our group in the Diamond Lounge each evening. We had intended to get together each evening in the Concierge Lounge, but had to relocate to the Diamond Lounge and unfortunately our suite friends were not Diamonds.

We never received the same answer twice as to the reason. The Guest Services Manager said it should be on 24/7 - the Concierge obviously had his own ideas on this.:eek:

Hopefully, this will change - I did complain to Head Office on my return.

Just reconfirming something: the Diamond Lounge on the Indy has the mixed drinks and hot/cold munchies, right? We have a mixed group with our family next month: 2 D+, 2 D, a gold sharing a cabin with a D, and Grandma isn't a C&A member, but she doesn't drink anyway and won't want to go in the lounge.

My DH and I, the 2 D+, will want to go in the Diamond Lounge with the others in our group, but he really missed the munchies on the Rhapsody, so I wanted to check about that on the Indy in the Diamond Lounge.

Our experiences were on the Jewel Sept. 2nd transatlantic, the October 27th repositioning cruise and the subsequent three night cruise to Key West and Nassau. There is no differentiation between the access granted to suite guests and diamond plus guests. Both have equal access to the concierge lounge as well as the overflow lounge.:)

...But, Suite guests do NOT have access to the Diamond Lounge. Am I understanding that right?

Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

...But, Suite guests do NOT have access to the Diamond Lounge. Am I understanding that right?

Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

On those ships that have both a Diamond and Concierge Lounge (Freedom and Oasis ships), you are correct. Suite passengers have access to the Concierge Lounge but not to the Diamond Lounge unless they are also Diamond or Diamond Plus. Since Jewel has only a Concierge lounge, Diamond Plus and Suite guests have equal access to the lounge and, when it is necessary to have one, the overflow lounge.

Just reconfirming something: the Diamond Lounge on the Indy has the mixed drinks and hot/cold munchies, right? We have a mixed group with our family next month: 2 D+, 2 D, a gold sharing a cabin with a D, and Grandma isn't a C&A member, but she doesn't drink anyway and won't want to go in the lounge.

My DH and I, the 2 D+, will want to go in the Diamond Lounge with the others in our group, but he really missed the munchies on the Rhapsody, so I wanted to check about that on the Indy in the Diamond Lounge.

All the munchies etc. were in the Diamond Lounge. It was so nice there and you have the private deck also. Mel, the Concierge there, is the most charming person.

Archived