View from Cove Balcony while at Sea

nieciez

Great videos (both of them) . . . thanks for posting this.

I remember a similar incident in that I was cruising out of NYC on, I believe, the LEGEND. The remnants of Hurricane JEANNE were in the process of passing through NYC. Hard rain almost constantly, miserable and probably the reason (from cancellations)I was upgraded to an OV on the Riviera deck (passenger deck closest to the sea).

While I was in the bathroom, I heard an ungodly noise from the cabin. Thinking the TV had fallen down I quickly went to the cabin (in a penguin-like fashion :D), but couldn't discover anything had fallen down. Several seconds later there was this same BOOM ! ! It was the sea slamming against the window ! ! What a kick for the next half hour watching the sea come up to and smack the window. Wish I would have had a video camera as trying to time it to take a stationary pic was impossible. :)

Looks so awesome! I just love it, wish I had one booked. Some day . . . .

It seems like the water passing by is pretty loud, is that just the wind noise in the video camera or is the ocean noice kinda loud?

I think it was just the quality of the camera video.....when seas were normal it was not bad. As for sea spray only had problems with it on that one rough sea day, and it was so rough that I didn't not go out onto the balcony to take that video...I did it from the safety of the door way with door only open a crack. The next day the rail was crusty with salt but was cleaned off right away by the staff. Oh, and the ship really handled the rough seas very well.

This video will give you an idea on how close you are to the waterline in one of the new Carnival Cove Balconies.....we LOVED it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nieciez#p/u/0/XnXsCdSkvLc

Excellent video, Thanks for posting it. This is something I would Love!!

It would make me think twice about going ashore during port days and

maybe sneaking a fishing line over the side;)

(too fast while at sea)

Fantastic videos:D Thank you so much for posting.....I guess we will have to take a second look at those cove balconies for the future:) We would love to hear, see, and smell the ocean that close while sailing along;)

Thanks again....

WOW!! Thanks for sharing. Those pictures are awesome. I love, love, love it. I just keep watching them over and over. I will be in a cove balcony in May. That video just makes it more exciting. Would you mind telling me what cabin you were in and if you were under the galley did you hear much noise? Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was just the quality of the camera video.....when seas were normal it was not bad. As for sea spray only had problems with it on that one rough sea day, and it was so rough that I didn't not go out onto the balcony to take that video...I did it from the safety of the door way with door only open a crack. The next day the rail was crusty with salt but was cleaned off right away by the staff. Oh, and the ship really handled the rough seas very well.

Great job with the video nieciez!!! We had a cove about 10 cabins down from them (if that). We had no problem with spray on a normal day. Very comfortable to sit out and read and look at the water. They had lap blankets available at the towel stations and I had one in the cabin should I want one while on the balcony.

I agree with Denise...I expected them to close the cove balcony doors the last night of the cruise because the waters were stronger that night than the night they did close them, but frankly the ship handled the 15ft seas and 30MPH winds quite comfortably. You could feel it, but it wasn't terrible at least by my standards, and I used to get car sick regularly as a kid. I would book a cove balcony again in a heartbeat!

Sha

Archived