Experience with Select Dining in Blu?

bardstowntraveller

Can anyone who has recently cruised comment on Select or Flexi Dining in Blu?

Hi:), I just sailed her and although I was not in AQ a couple of friends were and told me they could just walk into Blu and get a table.

No reservations needed.

That's correct. You can just walk in and get a seat it is a small venue and you get to know all of the waiters. We enjoyed breakfast in blu. I like cold cereal with raspberries. Even on the last day on a TA I got a full serving of raspberries on top of my cereal.

Just return from Equinox 4 day and dined in Blu. Blu was a highly positive experience. Staff was outstanding and my food was well prepared. The select dining worked perfectly for us. Once they knew our table preference and the approximate time we dined, the table was always available to us. I am in AQ on Dec.14th cruise and looking forward to the Blu experience.

Just return from Equinox 4 day and dined in Blu. Blu was a highly positive experience. Staff was outstanding and my food was well prepared. The select dining worked perfectly for us. Once they knew our table preference and the approximate time we dined, the table was always available to us. I am in AQ on Dec.14th cruise and looking forward to the Blu experience.

We will see you guys on the cruise in Aqua. Can't wait here in Port Saint Lucie

Just back from the Equinox TA (Hello Sandy and Roy:))

Sailing in Aquaclass, Blu was our designated restaurant and we loved it. They encouraged you to come at whatever time you chose and there was never a queue.

The staff were superb and we found the food excellent. The only negative was a distinct lack of veggies, easily solved when we asked for a bowl every night...no problem.

The china used was really lovely, different shaped plates and dishes, some glass others porcelain, always beautiful. The room itself is really nice and the crystal chandeliers are amazing. No matter how many photos we took, none captured their beauty.

There are countless tables for 2 although the majority are very close to each other. Once the (excellent) maître d' became aware that I was deaf and being seated close to others and the subsequent cross table conversations were a problem for me, a more secluded table was always found, a really nice touch.

The chairs are very comfortable and for those that are interested, about half are armless. We really loved Blu and felt it played a big part in our enjoyment of this wonderful cruise. (Don't tell anyone, but we did sneak upstairs for breakfast a couple of times, just to load up on the waffles;))

I realise I have got a bit carried away and over-answered the OP's question, sorry! Yes, flexi dining was great;)

Sue

It is called Flexi dining in Blu

It is called Celebrity Select Dining in the MDR

The two have slight differences

Actually, they are calling it "Aquaclass Select Dining" I saw the envelopes sitting on a table in Blu on our last morning waiting for the next group.

It was very "flexible", however. We did not have to "select" a specific time each night; we showed up around 8 and there was never a wait.

A wonderful experience all around - I agree with previous posters about the quality of Blu.

We tried MDR for lunch one day just to compare and found the service much slower, food pretty good. If you can swing the extra for AQ, go for it.

Sue, thank you for your observations. We will be in Blu a week from Friday. I imagine that this concept allowed you more leeway in viewing the shows.

Absolutely! We always eat late but found the shows were at 11pm for late diners, too late for us (Steve slept like a baby through the one we went to;)) so we just checked the time of the earlier show and ate accordingly. On a couple of nights they put the show on at 7.15 (before dinner) which was good. You will just love it...I am still on a high and more than happy to answer any questions if I can:)

Sue

Archived