Can I carry my own bags on board?

TimATL

I've done this before in oder to avoid having to wait for them to bring me my bags, but it was on charters. I'm not sure if you can do it on a regular cruise.

If you can't carry your own bags on board, do you get your bags any faster if you're platinum? If so, I don't think my luggage tags identify me as platinum.

I've done this before in oder to avoid having to wait for them to bring me my bags, but it was on charters. I'm not sure if you can do it on a regular cruise.

If you can't carry your own bags on board, do you get your bags any faster if you're platinum? If so, I don't think my luggage tags identify me as platinum.

39august is correct. If they fit through the scanner at the boarding area, you can carry them on with you.

Please remember that your cabin will not be available until at least 1 p.m., so if you board before then, you will have to take your luggage with you everywhere you go.

I doubt that C&A status has anything to do with delivery of bags to the cabins. They are loaded into cages, swung on board, offloaded, then sorted into area of the ship. Yours will get there when they get there.

:)

We've not been able to get to our stateroom before 1 p.m. in several years. The fire doors are closed at the end of each hall and usually there is staff there to keep you from opening those doors and going to your room before 1. Not that I would ever do that. The stewards are busy getting the rooms ready and I wouldn't bother them.

Just curious as to how you were able to get to your room before 1 p.m.

I've always gone directly to my cabin and dropped off my carry on, no matter what time it is.

On the Monarch, they station "guards" at the entries to the cabin areas and won't let you through until all cabins are officially available.:)

Alphakitty

Do you arrive after 1pm.?

If you arrive earlier, what is your secret to getting to the cabins.

Safe travels.

I know "Kittys" can walk along railings...but I wouldn't trust them to carry my bags...Sorry....just a little humor...:D

Our Hawaii Cruise, last Oct, was the first time, we were asked to leave our Carry On lugguge with the Crew members by the elevators and if no tags were on them, they put tags on, and after lunch we went back to our room and our Carry On luggage was already there, so we didn't have to drag them around. Prior to this we also were able to drop off our Carry On.

I'm a first time cruiser, but a seasoned traveler. Invest in a medium size duffel bag with a sturdy strap [mine is from Adidas] or a large backpack. I've never had problems carrying my duffel around, and its size prevents me from packing things I don't need. Also, you get a bit of a workout which is always good :D

We've not been able to get to our stateroom before 1 p.m. in several years. The fire doors are closed at the end of each hall and usually there is staff there to keep you from opening those doors and going to your room before 1. Not that I would ever do that. The stewards are busy getting the rooms ready and I wouldn't bother them.

Just curious as to how you were able to get to your room before 1 p.m.

On the Monarch, they station "guards" at the entries to the cabin areas and won't let you through until all cabins are officially available.:)

I just asked they crew member? if I could go drop off my carry on and they've always said yes. I never gave it much thought really. I'm not in anyone's way..hurry in..hurry out. No big deal. Yes, always before 1...I like to embark early. :)

Archived