Carnival HAS to call my daughter a male?

bliss_fully_happy

My daughter is 13mo. She is a she.

The website at carnival says her name as a MASTER and has her listed as Male.

When I e-mailed my travel agent she is saying this:

(copy and pasted)

It will not be able to read female. Carnival’s system list all infant’s as master and male. I have called a few times and they can not change it. It is noted on the booking. It’s a computer thing. They said you will not have a problem.

Is that true? I thought you all may know. I am worried as this is her record with Carnival and will create her past guest info as a male. It is not sitting right with me.

No idea if it's true. Who cares? You are a lucky person if this is your biggest worry today. Somehow, I doubt a 13 month old will know or care.

Sorry but I think the OP has asked a legitimate questions and may deserve a "nicer" response. What if they get to the dock and are unable to board because the computer info doesn't match up with the people standing in front of the staff? If someone else has sailed Carnival with a female infant please give the OP the courtesy of an appropriate response. I wish I could help but have never sailed Carnival with an infant...

I called carnival and they (as well as my agent) say that it is a computer thing. So that seems to be just how it is for under 2 females. That she will get a past guest number. When she turns two we can update her info. It made me very nervious that her passport and her being a her might be a problem. I was hoping this would be the appropriate forum for this kind of question.

I was just hoping that someone may have had this experience in the past.

As for the response I received that was less than positive - I am going to cite their signiture:Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.

I have been a huge fan of this site and thank you to all of you kind people out there that have helped me and my questions in the past.

And yes I consider myself blessed that this our only problem and that we are able to cruise as a family.

No idea if it's true. Who cares? You are a lucky person if this is your biggest worry today. Somehow, I doubt a 13 month old will know or care.

Why did you bother to respond?

OP I would Carnival myself and try to get it changed. I think it's worth a phone call. Good luck!

I had a problem with HAL where my name does not match my passport and they said they could not change the computer records as there was no place for my middle name in the computer. Also said I would have not problems boarding. By the way the same booking has my wife's middle name. Guess not all employees are as helpfull as the company and their customers would like.

Bliss Fully Happy .. I don't think this is only a problem with children under the age of two. I think it is more of what is initially entered by the person entering the booking into Carnival's system. We are going on a cruise in January with a group of friends and family (14 cabins in all), and my sister-in-law called me and told me that they had my niece listed as "Master. I called Carnival and told them she was my niece and not my nephew and asked if they could change it. They said no problem. Give Carnival a call and see what they can do for you...Happy Cruising...Charley:)

My daughter is not quite 2 and she is listed as Miss on our reservation; however, she will be over 2 when we sail, so perhaps that explains why she is not listed as Master. I'm glad Carnival doesn't think it will be a problem, though!

I called carnival and they (as well as my agent) say that it is a computer thing. So that seems to be just how it is for under 2 females.

Carnival actually said that? I haven't had it happen to one of my bookings. And yes, the kids have been under 2. It lists Miss, Mrs, Mr, Master

Their site is so darn quirky. I have problems with them all the time. So it doesn't really surprise me. ;)

One of my daughters has the exact same name as her dad, so when she went on her first cruise at 13 months, we had a similar problem with Princess Cruises. Their system was unable to comprehend two people with the same name and the same address in their file. So at 13 months, she also cruised as a male - - and was issued a Platinum key card to show that she had been on more than 7 Princess cruises :rolleyes:.

We had no problems with check in or any authorities (you can tell from the picture below, she could have passed for a boy anyway), but if I were you I would give it one more try to get it sorted out. It does seem like they should be able to make your daughter a Miss rather than a Master.

Best,

Mia

I TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!

I just went to check some of my CCL bookings and any guest that I have who is young and a FEMALE it says "MR" and "MALE" :eek::eek::eek:

It didn't say on the original confirmations. And these guests are 2 and older.

Holy Moly that is one heck of a computer glitch! :eek:

What's really odd is they are past Carnival guests - so they already have numbers assigned.

Yeahhhh that's weird. Thanks for the update!

• 3 weeks later...

This would annoy me on so many levels! CCL doesn't recognize infants under 2 as female? I wonder if they would've given adult females voting rights as well. Oh, I just had to say that. I don't want to go there but I dislike things like this.

Did you end up getting this fixed? I hope so.

I don't understand why they would do this. What? It's too hard to program "male" or "female" for infant bookings, but it's easy to do for passengers who are 2 or older? What about TSA and all that stuff? Is having the name match enough or does the gender on the BC also have to match the reservation? I am quite curious about this because it's so odd and, IMO, absurd.

beachchick

My daughter is 13mo. She is a she.

The website at carnival says her name as a MASTER and has her listed as Male.

When I e-mailed my travel agent she is saying this:

(copy and pasted)

It will not be able to read female. Carnival’s system list all infant’s as master and male. I have called a few times and they can not change it. It is noted on the booking. It’s a computer thing. They said you will not have a problem.

Is that true? I thought you all may know. I am worried as this is her record with Carnival and will create her past guest info as a male. It is not sitting right with me.

So werid, I have never heard of this before but all my children started cruising at elementary age. Some one has to know if this is true or not?

So werid, I have never heard of this before but all my children started cruising at elementary age. Some one has to know if this is true or not?

Yes its true. If you follow my posts on this thread, I couldn't believe it either. But then I went and did a double check on the bookings that I have with young girls age 2 and under - sure enough - there it was. The carnival booking site is listed them as "Mstr"

When I tried to change it, I was blocked. :(

It must be a temporary computer glitch (hoping) because I didn't have this issue before. This is a new thing. Maybe they got a new set of monkeys to run the IT center. ;)

Archived