Ft. Lauderdale - pre cruise hotel

prillacj

Thinking of going down a day early for our cruise in May. Can anyone recommend a cheaper hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We fly into Ft. Lauderdale and the Oasis leaves from Ft. Lauderdale. Not looking to spend a lot of money. Afraid of plane delays if we leave the same day as our cruise so thought it would be a good idea to go down a day early which would be a Friday.

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites, which is very close to the port. It is suite style, so we share it with another couple (family) and it is terrificl The location is great. It is walking distance from a mall which I think is called the Harbor Shops. There is a Publix grocery store to stock up on supplies and a large variety of restaurants and other shops. It's location: Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street

1100 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA 33316

Tel: +1-954-527-2700 Fax: +1-954-760-7202

Although the Embassy Suites might be a little higher than what you would want to spend, you will save on taxi costs to pick up last minute supplies and go out for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

There are many choices.

I recommend you visit the Florida Departures board (which is a sub-forum of the East Coast Departures board). There are lots of threads there about hotels, food, transportation, etc.

Stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood 2 years ago; staying at Hyatt Place in a couple of weeks. Both have complimentary shuttles from airport and to pier.

Anyway, check out that board and do some reading. You'll find plenty of recommendations and suggestions.

Have stayed at La Quinta , Hollywood, has shuttle for airport and cruiseport. Also Hyatt place , same , and Sleep Inn and Suites also shuttle for both. Check the Ports board on here or your roll call for more ideas. Good Luck.

Cori

The Econoldge, Ramada Inn, Comfort Inn, Travel Lodge and LaQuinta all offer free shuttle from the airport to the motel and from the motel to the pier. The first three are about the same in price, $110-120 a night. LaQuinta a little higher. Embassy Suites is in the $225-275 range. I went with the lower rates as we'll be getting in around 7pm and leaving first thing in the morning. Just need a decent place to crash for the night!

Just got the Hyatt (3* downtown category) on Priceline for $70/night precruise in March. They have free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port. I also heard that it's a .50 trolley ride from the beach, but I need to check into that :):)

Hyatt Place is a good choice and includes shuttles to/from the airport and cruiseport as well as breakfast. Good prices are to be had at Hotwire and also at valuetrips.com. With valuetrips, your reservation is cancelable, but I believe you pre-pay (but get a better rate) at Hotwire. We have used valuetrips in the past with no problems.

Hotel website: http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp Use this website to check out the hotel.

Valuetrips website: http://www.valuetrips.com/Cities/lauderdale.htm

Have a great cruise!

We love to stay in the SW17th St area, safe, close to the airport and just outside the cruiseport. IMHO I wouldn't worry about transfers being included as the airport, SW17th St and the cruiseport are very short taxi rides. Sometimes the free transfers are more hassle than they are worth.

The Econoldge, Ramada Inn, Comfort Inn, Travel Lodge and LaQuinta all offer free shuttle from the airport to the motel and from the motel to the pier. The first three are about the same in price, $110-120 a night. LaQuinta a little higher. Embassy Suites is in the $225-275 range. I went with the lower rates as we'll be getting in around 7pm and leaving first thing in the morning. Just need a decent place to crash for the night!

Neither the Econolodge, the Ramada, or the Travel Lodge are 'decent' places to crash for a night.

There is a reason most of these hotels offer free shuttle and much lower rates; they can't get guests otherwise.

Stayed at Hyatt Place last year and will again this time. Rooms are very nice. Airport pickup was good, to the port was also good and the continental breakfast is very sufficient. Dinner the night before was at Outback which is out the door from the hotel. All in all everything was fine.

on valuetrip the Hyatt Hotel is half the price. Do you think the rooms booked on this site are less superior than if you booked through their site and pay more? Can someone who has booked this way tell. We have never stayed in FLL before and are staying five days. We are not really interested in staying at the beach but just want to meet up with our American friends.

If you want a nice/fair hotel (2.5- 3 star) for a good price near the beach, Best Western Oceanside isn't bad. It's not fancy, but it has a nice location, yards from the beach, fair beds, and a hot breakfast included, for a good price ($80-120/ night) depending on time of year you book.

Also check out http://www.bookit.com there are good hotel deals there. If you are a AAA member, AAA.com isn't bad either.

on valuetrip the Hyatt Hotel is half the price. Do you think the rooms booked on this site are less superior than if you booked through their site and pay more? Can someone who has booked this way tell. We have never stayed in FLL before and are staying five days. We are not really interested in staying at the beach but just want to meet up with our American friends.

No, it makes no difference. The rooms are the same. :)

We just got back from FLL on Nov 15th. We booked Best Western Airport/Cruiseport. There is a nice mall right across the street where you can pick up your last minute stuff if need be. It was a reasonable price and the breakfast was very nice. We were able to use the free shuttle and it was fine. No major delays from anywhere. The staff there was so great! http://www.bestwesternflorida.com/hotels/best-western-fort-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port/

Many of these replies have mentioned Hyatt Place Is this the Hyatt Place Plantation please as we have booked there for next Feb

I suspect it is the Hyatt Place Airport North close to the port. That's where we are staying this month prior to our cruise and it includes free shuttle.

I suspect it is the Hyatt Place Airport North close to the port. That's where we are staying this month prior to our cruise and it includes free shuttle.

Thanks can you post what you think of it when the time comes? :D

Archived