dress shorts in the main dining room?

TNTwiggy

I totally agree. Before My company relaxed the dress code, we were business casual. You should have seen some of the stuff folks wore. I'm sure they though because it meshed with the dress code, it was ok to wear to work. Boy, were they wrong!

One reason why I'm glad my company still has a dress code. Jeans are not allowed nor shorts, t-shirts, or tennis shoes.

Are we one of a very few? I'm starting to feel that way.

One reason why I'm glad my company still has a dress code. Jeans are not allowed nor shorts, t-shirts, or tennis shoes.

We can wear jeans and I do wear them, but I always look like I put forth some effort. I try to wear jackets and heels, but I have very long arms and it's difficult to find jackets with very long sleeves.

Those "dressy" shorts....Bermuda length...with a jacket is fine on any cruise line for "casual" nights... NOTE: CASUAL!!!!! Many of those shorts sets are totally hip and appropriate for a casual dinner anywhere. Heels make the outfit! You'll look stunning!

The image I have is of "city shorts" which certainly don't really match the mood of a vacation in the Caribbean to me. They seem more appropriate for a trip into the city on some Saturday......

My place has a dress code but it is very flexible. Part of that is we are "dual hatted", we do some project management and some engineering work. Normally I wear clean jeans and a collared shirt to the office, if i have a meeting with the powers that be obviously dress pants and a button down at a minimum.

Although one hour I could be in a meeting and the next hour I could be crawling around under a raised floor running cables (not clean down there). Many times I carry a "business professional outfit" with me just in case something important comes up last minute.

Are the dining rooms cold enough that we would need a jacket or sweater with a sleeveless dress/top?

Thanks!

I always have a wrap/sweater with me. Some nights I need it some nights I don't. I always need it in the show lounge and even on deck it is very windy.

Archived