How early do they let you on...

betmust

I cruised with Royal Caribbean back in 2002. I am looking to take a cruise on the Liberty in April and was curious how early they allow you to get on the ship. Looking at airline times and do not want to get there too early and have to stand around waiting to long.

Thanks

sailed the serenade last week. Got to the pier about 11:45, line was not moving yet, but within 10 minutes it started moving and we were on by 12:15. Had one carry on with wheels and took that to the Windjammer with us and had a very relaxing lunch. By 1:00 we were in our cabin and by 1:15 we had luggage. Great job RCI

We live in Florida and can arrive at any time. In thinking about the crowd gathering to board and the fact that we will have a couple of carry ons I don't care to lug around the ship, what is the crowd in the terminal typically like at around 12:30?

It's been my experience that lots of passengers will be in the terminal at around noon or later. We prefer to get there early and are usually on board around 11:30 (if the ship gets in on time and barring any complications). We just take our carry on luggage to the WJ and find a seat, have lunch, move out and find another place to sit so others can get a table to eat. It's never a problem with the carry on luggage.

We like to start the cruise experience as early as possible on that first day!

I would recommend you consider some time buffer!

Sure you can fly in, land around 11am and have plenty of time to get to the ship....IF

There is no weather problems somewhere in the US which might have caused your aircraft to be delayed getting to YOUR deparutre city.

OR

The flight crew shows up drunk and your airline cannot find a replacement crew.

OR

The is weather at your departure airport delaying flights, causing some flights to be cancelled, delayed ofr re-routed.

OR

The is weather at your arrival city and your flight gets diverted

OR

you fly in right on time and wouldn't you know it, a cement truck overturns 3 miles in front of your ride to the pier and you get to sit for 3 hours while they clear the road.

\

etc,etc,etc,

It's been my experience that lots of passengers will be in the terminal at around noon or later. We prefer to get there early and are usually on board around 11:30 (if the ship gets in on time and barring any complications). We just take our carry on luggage to the WJ and find a seat, have lunch, move out and find another place to sit so others can get a table to eat. It's never a problem with the carry on luggage.

We like to start the cruise experience as early as possible on that first day!

I just want to say Thank You for being so considerate and not taking up space in the WJ after you have enjoyed your lunch..That is usually a busy and crowded time for the WJ..Hope more will do the same...so Thank You !

Thanks so much for the answers. Our flight (if on time) lands around 10:15. I figured at least 11:30 by the time we get to the ship. We will probably only have one carry on so that won't be too bad.

I know some ships let you on early and others make you wait till closer to the "official" boarding time.

Again, thanks for the info...

Bette

Is the MDR open too?

No meal service during embarkation, they are busy in the MDR where there is usually a line of paxs. requesting a change or questioning their table assignments..Always a good idea to check this out soon after getting on board...Enjoy your lunch in the WJ.....

Thanks so much for the answers. Our flight (if on time) lands around 10:15. I figured at least 11:30 by the time we get to the ship. We will probably only have one carry on so that won't be too bad.

I know some ships let you on early and others make you wait till closer to the "official" boarding time.

Again, thanks for the info...

Bette

That's if you're checking bags and they take awhile to come down the belt. Otherwise you should be there before 11:30. The pier is like 15 minutes from the airport.

I just want to say Thank You for being so considerate and not taking up space in the WJ after you have enjoyed your lunch..That is usually a busy and crowded time for the WJ..Hope more will do the same...so Thank You !

You are so right about that! It makes me so mad when folks continue to sit at their table when they have obviously finished lunch and are just killing time until the rooms are ready. All the while others are walking around with their trays trying to find a place to sit.

So folks, clear out when you're done. There are lots of places to sit in comfort while waiting. On our last cruise the internet cafe was on the same floor as our room so we just took our carry on luggage and sat there.

Generally you are boarding starts at 11:30-12, though it can be delayed by many different factors ... there's always the possiblity of waiting. However, I've only had to wait a few of the times I've shown up early. I generally prefer early arrival as opposed to showing up when the busses from the airport start appearing.

I absolutely agree with Texasmunk about padding your arrival time. Having been the last couple onboard on one cruise and having the airlines lose our luggage on another cruise, means we now always fly into the port city the day before a scheduled cruise. As to boarding times, we have been on board as early as 11:10am to as late as 12:15pm, and we usually try to be among the first to board.

Archived