Upgraded Is this a good room?

doe326

Anyone ever have room D407 on the Golden (Dolphin Deck)? We just received an upgrade from an AE to an AA and this is only our second Princess cruise so we are not familiar with the rooms. On the deck plan it appears to be a great location. Just wondering if the boats below obstruct the view any? Any information you can give me is appreciated.

Anyone ever have room D407 on the Golden (Dolphin Deck)? We just received an upgrade from an AE to an AA and this is only our second Princess cruise so we are not familiar with the rooms. On the deck plan it appears to be a great location. Just wondering if the boats below obstruct the view any? Any information you can give me is appreciated.

This is an open balcony mini.

The lifeboats are on Emerald deck tucked away out of view. You can see right down to the water.

We had a mini a couple of cabins away from yours for Alaska last June. Great location.

This is a good cabin and no, you won't see the lifeboats. :)

This is a good cabin and no, you won't see the lifeboats. :)

As Pam notes, the tenders / lifeboats are tucked up under the balconies.

2274919840102143487S600x600Q85.jpg

We were right next door in D405 on an Alaska cruise on the Golden about 2 1/2 years ago. It is a great location. Right in the middle of ship in terms of forward/aft and up/down. We easily were able to get to the MDRs, the buffet, the shows, etc.

Also, if you hit rough seas you may not feel this as much in this cabin. We hit 30 foot seas off Vancouver Island on the first full day at sea going north. The water made it over the Promenade Deck, and maybe even the Emerald, but the Dolphin Deck was "high and dry". With a bit of Meclizine, we were OK that day with this great cabin location!

Great location. If you don't want to be moved from this upgrade, then have your TA mark it as "no upgrade" now that you've been put in this cabin.

The only upgrade from an AA min-suite would be to a full suite! While your AA cabin is a good location, I personally would love to be offered an upgrade to a full suite, regardless of its location on the ship. So I would have my TA be sure I'm not marked "no upgrade".

The only upgrade from an AA min-suite would be to a full suite! While your AA cabin is a good location, I personally would love to be offered an upgrade to a full suite, regardless of its location on the ship. So I would have my TA be sure I'm not marked "no upgrade".

I agree. While a good upgrade, I wouldn't mind being bumped up one more notch to a suite!

Archived