Mariner Reception & Luncheon on Back-to-Back Cruises?

SilvertoGold

With the new Mariner program now in full swing, I am curious to know what back-to-back (Collector's Voyages) cruisers have experienced as far as being invited to the Mariner's Reception and Luncheon each segment.

We have done many back-to-backs and have been invited to the reception/luncheon both segments, with one exception.

Have taken only one back-to-back since the inception of the new Mariner's program and was invited only to the first segment reception/luncheon.

So, my question: is this the new norm?

Thanks for your replies.

SilvertoGold

My recent Rotterdam cruise was a Collector's Voyage, and also sailed under the new Mariners' program.

I was invited to the reception in the Explorers' Lounge and the luncheon on both cruises. Got two tiles, too. :D

In the past, when I was on one long cruise which was also sold in shorter segments, I was only invited to the Mariners' party in the second segment.

Please Note Everyone!!

We have done quite a few back-to-back cruises -- we booked them as separate criuses with different booking numbers. And on those cruises we were invited to both Mariner brunches and both VIP parties -- and YES -- the CREW still refer to them as VIP parties.

But we did book a COLLECTOR'S cruise -- 2 ten day cruises booked as one cruise. AND we were invited to only one Mariner Brunch -- near the end of the 20 days!!

Hmmm, perhaps because it was a Collector's voyage?

That doesn't make sense as KK's experience was dramatically different from mine. My Collector's Voyage was from 10/17-31 and 10/31-11/18, so it is quite recent.

I was also on a Collectors Voyage on the E-dam in July '08. On that cruise I was also invited to two Mariners' Parties. Since that was an inaugural, and under the old Mariner program, I don't know if it's still pertinent.

Thanks to all of you who replied.

Like so much these days on HAL, I suppose this is a ship-by-ship decision and not related to the new Mariner program.

In the past we have booked Collector's Voyages both as one cruise and as two separate segments and have been invited to both receptions and luncheons and received two tiles.

It would be nice to have more consistency from ship to ship for the same events, but the ships apparenty have much more leeway now to do fine-tuning.

SilvertoGold

On our Noordam Collectors Voyage, we were only invited once, and that was in the second segment.

They were kind enough to schedule the Meet & Greet for us on the second segment at 11:30, and the luncheon at noon on the same day. We went to 30 minutes of our meet and greet, then off to the luncheon, so we didn't get to spend any time, or meet anyone.

It would have been nice to be invited to both segements for the Mariners, but we weren't. I was trying to fix so many mistakes with the front desk that I didn't even realize we hadn't been invited. If I had known to plan ahead and accordingly I would have.

My suggestion is to go to the front desk and make sure to find out what they are doing, and plan accordingly.

Archived