Why is the Emerald in the Bahamas?

ShipShapeinFL

Yup, dry dock for a couple of weeks.

Not 100% sure what they're doing (but it'll probably be followed on princess.com) although my other half is over there at the moment and MAY be working on her. Saying that, he's on Holland America's Rotterdam which has LOADS to do, and the Carnival Freedom is also there, but think that may be leaving very soon.

If I know any more I'll post it here somewhere :)

Just off the Emerald, over Thanksgiving week, and "Stewart" told us they were going to Norfolk for drydock, so maybe that's happening next -- after the Bahamas. He also mentioned that his responsibilities during drydock were "spring cleaning" of the cabins. I was glad to hear that was on the agenda.

Mary Ellen

We were just off the Emerald a week ago. They crew stated they were in a 2 week dry dock in Freeport.

The main things they are doing in replacing the carpet in the public areas and cleaning.

The crew members we spoke to were very excited to get a little R&R, as they will be mainly only working from 8-5.

Yes... And the cute thing was, he pronounced "spring cleaning" as "sprinkling." We had to ask him twice what he meant by "sprinkling" the cabins.

What I hope he meant was that they were going to hose down the cabins:p before we get there in February.

Yes... And the cute thing was, he pronounced "spring cleaning" as "sprinkling." We had to ask him twice what he meant by "sprinkling" the cabins.

Well, perhaps he meant they were going to sprinkle baking soda over all of the carpeted areas?

From another thread about the work during the drydock:

One of the Officers of the Bridge said the main reason for the drydock was to have the hull of the ship properly cleaned and painted, which he said needs to be done every 2-3 years. He stated that as far as he knew there were only going be minor cosmetic repairs to the interior of the ship. Some carpets & tiles replaced, lots of painting etc. He did not believe there was anything major changing

Just off the Emerald, over Thanksgiving week, and "Stewart" told us they were going to Norfolk for drydock, so maybe that's happening next -- after the Bahamas.

Preposterous. I think you should accept that you got inaccurate information from some guy named Stewart.

Archived