Live from Oasis in St. Thomas

Hello, posting live from the Oasis by way of the trusty iPhone. The ship is amazing there is just so much to see and do on board. Hairspray is absolutely amazing!

Food has been great, seas have been calm and weather nice.

I have only one gripe about the Oasis and it is a pretty big one. There are no public steam rooms or saunas like on all other ships. I just can't believe that after all the work they did on making such a huge elegant spa and fitness center that they decided to leave out all saunas and steam rooms from the locker rooms.

Time to take a nap and then back out there to enjoy the ship some more. :D

how crowded is the ship. was it easy to get off and on in st thomas???

Yeah I read here on CC that St. Thomas would be really crowded today.....is it true? Take good care of Oasis....I was just remembering our embarkation day 1 week ago....I miss her :(....tell her we're gonna be back sometime in July :cool: and make sure you all onboard have fun :)

Hello ~ I am also on Oasis right now in St Thomas. Disembarkation was very easy no lines at all. We got off the ship about 9:30am and the ship was cleared about 8am or so.

Getting back on the ship was just as easy. We got back on about 4 pm with a 6pm sailaway time. No lines at all.

We have according to Captain Bill at the Captain's reception about 3700 passengers. Crowds have not been an issue at all. I have found that the neighborhoods have a way of dispersing the crowds

In my eyes this is one amazing ship...totally enjoying everything about it. Some very minor things

Aqua Theatre show was way beyond what I expected and they ended the show with a water fountain show and one was to Christmas music.

I am booked also in October B2B and already cannot wait to enjoy this ship again

It was cleared at 8am EST. The ship remains on ship time and clocks do not get changed.

There are no crowds at all on board, as Emmy mentioned there are only 3700 pax aboard. Finding a deck chair has not been an issue.

One other interesting tid bit, the pools are kept pretty warm and the hot tubs are actually hot! :D

We are off to dinner at Giovanni's Table.

No steam or sauna is a bit strange. Nice to hear that the hot tubs are actually hot. Looks like a B2B is the best way to see this ship.

There are steam rooms and sauna for the suite and spa guests. They were moved to the spa on the fifth floor... under guard.

It was cleared at 8am EST. The ship remains on ship time and clocks do not get changed.

There are no crowds at all on board, as Emmy mentioned there are only 3700 pax aboard. Finding a deck chair has not been an issue.

One other interesting tid bit, the pools are kept pretty warm and the hot tubs are actually hot! :D

We are off to dinner at Giovanni's Table.

Huuuummmm....we had lunch there last Wednesday.....its awesome....in my opinion even better than Chops and the additional 2 dollars for the lunch instead of the Seafood Shack(that we also tried) is worth it....enjoy :D

Wow 3700 passengers seems quite low. Very low actually for a ship of Oasis's size and its relative newness.

Im started to wonder if RCCL will have a difficult time selling this beauty

Hopefully huge price drops are near since I am waiting for this decline in rates.

Oasis, here I come.

Wow 3700 passengers seems quite low. Very low actually for a ship of Oasis's size and its relative newness.

Hopefully huge price drops are near since I am waiting for this decline in rates.

Oasis, here I come.

Yep last week they told us they wanted to start with less people(which I think is only and excuse for the fact they didnt sell all cabins)....but there were 4800....a lot more than 3700....they should try to lower prices a bit....maybe it'll work....the Oasis is a really great ship...especially for family vacations....and I wish good luck to her and Allure :)

Based on Adam Goldstein's comments, this may be part of the plan?

"We don’t have as many guests onboard as will have in January"

Most recent blog: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=741#more-741

Craig

JAN 02 2010

Yep last week they told us they wanted to start with less people(which I think is only and excuse for the fact they didnt sell all cabins)....but there were 4800....a lot more than 3700....they should try to lower prices a bit....maybe it'll work....the Oasis is a really great ship...especially for family vacations....and I wish good luck to her and Allure :)

It sounds like an excuse to me!

Based on Adam Goldstein's comments, this may be part of the plan?

"We don’t have as many guests onboard as will have in January"

Most recent blog: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=741#more-741

Craig

JAN 02 2010

That January comment doesn't make sense to me.

1) Holiday cruises are extremely popular

2) And duh Alex, she is brand new!

3) Just drop the prices so I can sail her in an oceanview balcony...yeah!

Our January cruise has sold all suites, standard outside and all ocean view balcony cabins. It was reported on another thread that there will be over 6000 on our 1/16 cruise. Also, RCI only cruised with 75% capacity for the first six sailings when the Freedom entered service to allow time for the crew to get used to the ship.

how about the rising tide bar. have you been in it yet. it seems so cool.

The Rising Tide Bar is lots of fun and very popular. You get on and have a seat at a table. You can order a drink. The bar rises and descends very slowly. You barely feel it move. As you "travel", you get a good view of the Prominade.

One thing about it though. Once you are on, you are not getting off until you get to the final floor or until you return to the Prominade.

Even if you don't take the Rising Tide Bar, it is fun to watch it from the Prominade because, as the bar rises beautiful streams of water in various colors rise underneath the bar as if pushing it up. It is a lovely water display.

Emmy and Rob, I was wondering if RCCI is still giving the coupon books to the Crown and Anchor folks? Saw that you guys had been on several RCCI cruises and figured you had to be a member. Have a great time. thanks

>SNIP<

One thing about it though. Once you are on, you are not getting off until you get to the final floor or until you return to the Prominade. >SNIP<

Mrs Radio has the Rising Tide Bar on her "Must Do" List. . . and then theres the Zipline, Rock Climbing, Ice Skating. . . . :)

I need to go for 2 weeks ! :o

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello ~ I am also on Oasis right now in St Thomas. Disembarkation was very easy no lines at all. We got off the ship about 9:30am and the ship was cleared about 8am or so.

Getting back on the ship was just as easy. We got back on about 4 pm with a 6pm sailaway time. No lines at all.

We have according to Captain Bill at the Captain's reception about 3700 passengers. Crowds have not been an issue at all. I have found that the neighborhoods have a way of dispersing the crowds

In my eyes this is one amazing ship...totally enjoying everything about it. Some very minor things

Aqua Theatre show was way beyond what I expected and they ended the show with a water fountain show and one was to Christmas music.

I am booked also in October B2B and already cannot wait to enjoy this ship again

Great pic Emmy of you and Janice on Inside Edition.

Looked like you were really enjoying yourselves.

Laura

Our January cruise has sold all suites, standard outside and all ocean view balcony cabins. It was reported on another thread that there will be over 6000 on our 1/16 cruise. Also, RCI only cruised with 75% capacity for the first six sailings when the Freedom entered service to allow time for the crew to get used to the ship.

Hopefully they do the same for the first 6 sailings. We're on the 2nd which is the 6th (if labadee is 1). Currently every cabin category is sold out except for the B2 category! Just a few days ago it seemed like many categories were still available and then it seemed like overnight they all disappeared. The final prices offered were still higher than what we paid back when booking first opened. So they obviously met their quota without dropping prices.

Archived