Embarkation Brunch or Lido Lunch

alohadad

We noticed that theres now a Mariners Embarkation brunch. Is this for all Mariners. Also what time would you need to be on board to attend.

It is for all Mariners. Between 12 -1 pm. We were on the Westerdam early Nov. and this was delightful. Indonesian cuisine with actual spices. Loved it, good relax after stressful embarkation. Just show up at the MDR.

It is for all Mariners. Between 12 -1 pm. We were on the Westerdam early Nov. and this was delightful. Indonesian cuisine with actual spices. Loved it, good relax after stressful embarkation. Just show up at the MDR.

I agree :D We also were on the Westerdam late Oct & early Nov. Totally enjoyed the embarkation brunch. We are a family of four that enjoys ethnic food and spice. It was fabulous for us.

Cheers, Denise

The times and menus of the Mariner's Embarkation lunch differ from ship to ship.

We were on the Zuiderdam recently - lunch was from 11:30 - 1:30. And nearly every item on the menu was chicken!!

Chicken would be fine. Do they post the menu outside before the brunch. Traveling with my mom who can't do "spice". Has anyone heard of the Oosterdam's menu. Thanks & Happy Holidays to all.

On some ships the lunch menu is posted right outside the doors.

It wasn't on the Zuiderdam.

This was our menu (hopefully it has changed):

Oct 24th Zuiderdam EMBARKATION lunch:

Appetizers:

Mediterranean Salami

Bay Shrimp Cocktail

Soups:

Cream of Broccoli

Chicken & Corn

Entrees:

Fettucini Gorgonzola with Spicy Chicken Breast

Chicken & Mango Salad

Pan Seared Salmon Filet

Chicken Cacciatore

Desserts:

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Cherry Pie

Strawberry Mousse

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream

Chicken would be fine. Do they post the menu outside before the brunch. Traveling with my mom who can't do "spice". Has anyone heard of the Oosterdam's menu. Thanks & Happy Holidays to all.

Keeping in mind that it will take a slight bit longer to get your food, but you can always ask the steward to ask the chef(s) to either not use any spice or very little for your mother's meals.

Joanie

On some ships the lunch menu is posted right outside the doors.

It wasn't on the Zuiderdam.

This was our menu (hopefully it has changed):

Oct 24th Zuiderdam EMBARKATION lunch:

Appetizers:

Mediterranean Salami

Bay Shrimp Cocktail

Soups:

Cream of Broccoli

Chicken & Corn

Entrees:

Fettucini Gorgonzola with Spicy Chicken Breast

Chicken & Mango Salad

Pan Seared Salmon Filet

Chicken Cacciatore

Desserts:

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Cherry Pie

Strawberry Mousse

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream

That is the exact lunch they had on the Statendam in Oct.09. I had the salmon and it was very good. I do like spice so I would have liked the other lunch posters have listed.

It was different on the Westerdam Nov 29th. Embarkation lunch in MDR was an Indonesian luncheon. No choices. Just that. It was wonderful. I loved it.:)

Was it like a Bami Goreng? A noodle dish? Rice? Could you descibe it, please.

Was it like a Bami Goreng? A noodle dish? Rice? Could you descibe it, please.

Tlhere was a spicy noodle soup and then 5 items, one meat, one chicken, noodles, satay kind of thing, a mix of wonderful things. I don't know the name of it but it was totally awesome. It was a medley of Indonesian foods. Loved it.:)

:)

We still head to Lido. I like the energy and excitement as people board and have their 'first lunch'..... particularly people new to cruising.

Our feelings exactly. Even though we moved from the Frozen North six years ago we've kept up our habit of having our first meal in the Lido. Being able to sit outside in the sun after months (we usually cruise in February/March) of being stuck in the house just always seemed so attractive. As a shrink I also like to experience and observe the energy and excitement that comes at the start of a cruise.

Sounds like Bami Goreng.

Did they also have the Shrimp Rice cracker?

Shrimp like fritters, kind of crunchy. Like puffy crackers. sorry to be so vague. It's hard to remember exactly but it was really, really good.

Archived