Embarkation Brunch or Lido Lunch

alohadad

Tlhere was a spicy noodle soup and then 5 items, one meat, one chicken, noodles, satay kind of thing, a mix of wonderful things. I don't know the name of it but it was totally awesome. It was a medley of Indonesian foods. Loved it.:)

Soto Ayam - Spicey chicken soup

Bami Goreng - Fried egg noodles

Ayam - chicken (on the dam ships, usually a leg)

Usually some type of small spicey meatball

Sometimes Pisan Goreng (Banana fritters)

799px-Sate_Ponorogo.jpg

Sate or Satay in peanut sauce (Sambal kacang)

799px-Sate_Ponorogo.jpg

That's it!! Ok, I'm hungry now.

799px-Sate_Ponorogo.jpg

:eek: :D Did they get new pottery? That's not an HAL plate! :D

I didn't think my MDR embarkation lunch on November 6, on the Massdam was mediocre. Mine was good and I would do it again. Nice shrimp appetizer, great soup, and a very nice filet. It was more like a dinner than a lunch. There were only about 30 of us in the dining room though but we were pretty early and others may have wondered in after us.

I didn't think my MDR embarkation lunch on November 6' date=' on the Massdam was mediocre. Mine was good and I would do it again. Nice shrimp appetizer, great soup, and a very nice filet. It was more like a dinner than a lunch. There were only about 30 of us in the dining room though but we were pretty early and others may have wondered in after us.[/quote']

You were lucky to get a decent offering for lunch.

The dining room on the Zuiderdam was packed and we talked to quite a few who didn't like the choices I listed here.

[quote name='sailor john']Hi, I will be sailing on the Noordam Jan 24th, and we were invited to the embarkation lunch, which I understand is, from 12-1pm. So, could someone tell me what time, you can actually board the ship. Thanks in advance to any replies.[/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Welcome to Cruise Critic.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We arrive at the pier around 11 and boarding beings around 11:30. If you are in a PS, SA, SB or SC cabin you will be the first to board. After that it is by numbers according to when you arrived at the pier.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Who told you that lunch was from 12 - 1PM?? The reason I ask is because on the Zuiderdam it was from 11:30 - 1:30.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]There is no way they can handle the all the Mariners (which I assume you are) for lunch in 1 hour.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='sailor john']Hi, I will be sailing on the Noordam Jan 24th, and we were invited to the embarkation lunch, which I understand is, from 12-1pm. So, could someone tell me what time, you can actually board the ship. Thanks in advance to any replies.[/quote]

[B]:confused: How were you invited? This is the first we've heard of someone being invited in advance. The most any of us have heard is check in person advises there is an Embarkation Brunch in the Main Dining Room? Who invited you and by what method? [/B]

[B]Thanks.[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]:confused: How were you invited? This is the first we've heard of someone being invited in advance. The most any of us have heard is check in person advises there is an Embarkation Brunch in the Main Dining Room? Who invited you and by what method? [/B]

[B]Thanks.[/B][/quote]

I am wondering the same thing. I sail on the Noordam on January 4th and there is nothing about this in the documents I printed.

[B]Thanks for telling us.
I wonder if we'll get one before our January Eurodam cruise. We didn't get anything like that before our November Westerdam cruise.

Might be something they are just now starting to do.

Have a great cruise. Noordam is a fabulous, very beautiful ship with an awesome crew. :)[/B]

[quote name='sailor john']We received an email from HAl,inviting us to the Mariners Embarkation Lunch,I just assumed everyone got one. This is our second trip with HAL:rolleyes:[/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We never got an e-mail from HAl inviting us to the Mariner's lunch on Embarkation day.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]But then again -- we never get any e-mails from HAL.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm sailing with RKA on January 4.........and I'm heading directly to the dining room.........invitation or no invitation......and if it's the chicken lunch instead of the Indonesian.........I'm going to be VERY disappointed. Now I just have to convince K that he does NOT want to board late![/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='sailor john']We received an email from HAl,inviting us to the Mariners Embarkation Lunch . . . [/QUOTE]

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Welcome to Cruise Critic, Sailor John. This is a duplicate of my message for you on the "Upsell" thread as I don't know if you've subscribed to the threads you've posted to.

Why don't you [SIZE="4"]come on over to the roll call[/SIZE] for your sailing (Noordam, Jan 24)? Just go to the roll call section, then HAL, then Noordam, then the date. I'm organizing the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet and we're planning fun excursions. It's a great place to get to know others on your sailing and get the cruise juices flowing. ;)

See you over there? :) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Archived